Strike!

narmox

Emperor
:goodjob:

So I finally found out what happens when you run out of money lol.

Was playing on one of those tiny world map (64x40, 18 civs mmm) as the Mongols. Decided to go mongol on the world and started out cranking Keshiks around 2000 BC, first China, then Russia (partly), then Persia fell to my Keshiks.

Half of the eurasian continent was mine!

Then I ran out of money. One after the other, my keshiks, warriors, archers and WORKERS (all those precious captured workers! all those precious 17+ XP Keshiks!) were disbanded because they were on strike too long, till I had 1 unit/city only. took me centuries to get back on track at 0% research trying to rush my courthouses everywhere using slavery (most cities were -4 to -7 maintenance YOW!!!!!!!)

And just as I was starting to get back on my feet, Russia declares war.

All in all, the balance in this game I find pretty good. Sure I can warmonger all I want, but without paying attention to my pacing, economy and culture my power was hanging by a thread, and I almost lost everything.

I love this game!

The 'strike' feature is good and I love it! Not only is it (semi) realistic, but it also gives you a warning (incase you've not yet noticed) that your funds are desparately low and need attending to.

Love this game :D

Top Bottom