Stupid KI

hauke

Chieftain
im the most powerfull empire

and a stupid AI puts a city directly injto my own city aerea, i attack and destroy the enemy civ##

are those civs suicidal ? why do the enoy the most powerfull civ that exists ?

id ssay aa badly programed AI

difficult

parameters, numberof cities , aerea,tech

even an agressive civ shouldn´t anoy someone bigger and better

I suppose strenght 9 horse archers attacking 100% defense cities with longbow defenders fall in that same category. Occasionaly some loose horse units get flung against city walls to no effect.

But more importantly any horse unit attacking a walled city should not even be possible or considered by the AI.

Also the AI totally ignores the stacking limit.

Ignoring the stacking limit sometimes helps them. I was playing the giant world map and noticed china taking a city about every third turn. When I finally got a unit over to see what was going on (I was Rome) I saw their SOD was 6 or so mounted units (whatever the early mounted gun powder ones are) and 87 cannons.

If it keeps being so when K-mod is implemented a hard cap would be good. It will help to maintain a balance of power better. It lets smaller nation survive longer. From vassalage it becomes this snowball effect. Think about it, choke points would be better to defend. You would get more of a frontline.

In the last two (SVN) games i have seen nations with acces to horse only use mounted units, both light and heavy, exclusively for offense. While having only a couple melee and the usual city defenders. Two reasons speed and power. Thereby the light and heavy horse complement each other well, good against almost all units *if put together, but that is not the problem. The AI just chooses the strongest units.

Now with light infantry(gunpowder) i see them in combination with cuirrasiers (both 2 movement points). Since the defender is having an advantage over the agressor in home territory The AI opts for range. This has the effect of having limited amout of diverse units in AI stack.

I would advocate 2 base movement for all units with 3 for cavalry. That with a stacking limit that goes up with technology, with cities a bit of an exception. City defenders would then have the chance to sally out the castle and return as it is now only for cavalry (without roads). Hopefully this will make combat more dynamic.

Top Bottom