Subdued Animals in C2C discussions

Deer, antelope and kangaroos fill the same niche.

With all the new animals some of the old are becoming too rare. It is going to take awhile to balance their spawn rate.

Then perhaps the earlier suggestion of reducing a particular spawn based on it's current population in the world is worth reconsidering. So if there are 20 Kangaroos in the world, the chances of another Kangaroo spawning is a lot less.

And to keep it simple, this could be universal for all animals. Example: Each existing Orangutan reduces the chance of another Orangutan spawning by 5% or 10% whatever.

one random observation regarding all the animals and the terrain promotions: get rid of them/condense them into a small set of promotions.
Seriously the (barbarian) AI does not understand them and uselessly blows XP on terrain promotions that would never ever do it any good instead of going for the combat promotion line or otherwise useful promotions...

I agree with Necratoid. Classifications in the game of course shouldn't be changed, but how the civilization classifies them can be changed. Prehistoric probably doesn't differentiate much between Bengal Tiger, Siberian Tiger, Cougar, and even Lions. They are all Big Cats. As time goes by people note differences and reclassify animals. They are all still Big Cats but now Lions are separated from Tigers. Later on when the civ expands and learns more the different breeds are differentiated too, giving Bengal Tiger, Siberian Tiger, Cave Lion, Lion. Far, far into the future, with Genetics, the civ finally realizes that they are or aren't related.

Cheers

I agree with Necratoid. Classifications in the game of course shouldn't be changed, but how the civilization classifies them can be changed. Prehistoric probably doesn't differentiate much between Bengal Tiger, Siberian Tiger, Cougar, and even Lions. They are all Big Cats. As time goes by people note differences and reclassify animals. They are all still Big Cats but now Lions are separated from Tigers. Later on when the civ expands and learns more the different breeds are differentiated too, giving Bengal Tiger, Siberian Tiger, Cave Lion, Lion. Far, far into the future, with Genetics, the civ finally realizes that they are or aren't related.

Cheers

I don' know, if a society is attune with their environment they may know subtle differences between not only species but sub-species of animals. Possibly making folklore about their appearance and behavior. For example in Africa there is a tribe that that uses special ants that they use to kill off termites in their house. These ants look much like any other ant, yet they know exactly which type of ant hill to raid to get rid of the termites. To even modern people it would just be a another bug.

Did you see the latest Zebra /Horse units?

Its a shame they do not use the ZT2 zebra model but it would be nice to have more types of zebra units.

btw, if no one has mentioned it before, those NEW workers gatherer button are very nice work done, putting the fruit/etc in the upper right corner of the gatherer, NICE!!!

Your welcome. :D

LOVING the new animals in play though hawks and eagles may be spawning too much (and yeah... neanders... too many. But we know that and are working on it already I realize.)

@Dancing Hoskuld

Some of your text is wrong/wonky ...

1. The Subdued Reef Shark says "Tall Tales About Sharks". I think that's suppose to be building text not unit text. It should say "Subdued Reef Shark"

2. The text for the Komodo Dragon is missing. It says now TXT_KEY_UNIT_KOMODO. I think you forgot to included the text i provided for it. It should say "Komodo Dragon".

3. Subdued Giant Lizard should say "Subdued Komodo Dragon". Note if you want a Monitor Lizard I can make one of those too. I think i have the model and texture for one.

EDIT: I also noticed you did not update your Zebra model to the new one I have for ya. Don't forget to use the new model from this post.

Top Bottom