Suggestions about new nations

asioasioasio

Fallout Scrubber
Phase Two comes to phase of planning - One of the task is to put new nations.

So what new nations would you like to see the first? Have in mind that creating new nation with new units is very slow process, so choose the most important. What unique units you suggest for this nations?

How many nations can be in the game? 18 or 24?

For scenario makers, it would be nice to have all the slots filled, we can always change the art and other WBS options, but having to repeat leaderheads and such is not preferable.

Add Austria, Romania, Czechoslovakia, Belgium, Denmark....

Thanks for asking.

In mod it could be 100+ (probably this number of leaders and units would make cpu failure, not mentioning about smoke from graphic card ;D)

About scenarios i'm not sure if in warlords is possible to have 24 (in single scenario) - but it's very easy to increase the number - just one line in sdk. - there's modcomp that increase the number to 50 nations per map.

In Warlords you can have an infinite amount of civs on one map. You just have to modify the DLL file. One civ I'd like to see that really put up a fight is Greece. Germany and Italy lost quite a few troops to Metaxas.

but it's very easy to increase the number

Well, this needs to be playable, so 18 should be enough, on average size maps hopefully.

Can you share with us some of the gameplay changes in the next patch? Any modcomps included? What are some of the features?

I think it would be more fun, to see the scandinavians and the benelux and the balkans be aparted..

so germany can invade poland without being in war with all other neutral countries.. same is for benelux and so on..

Yup i think so too - increasing the number of nations more than 18 would be insane in some scenarios.

For the changes in next patch - i and the rest of team mostly focused on removing bugs (in first place critical and annoying) and balancing. More new things will appear in patch 1.2b

The modcomps included in patch are modified Dale's Range Bomardment (very modified, but it seems that AI well knows how to use it) and Modified Missile Dale's Mod (hovewer it needs a little bit fixing with short range missiles with A-Bomb Warheads, but it's 100 times better than it was).

And what units you propose for this nations? :)

My preferred new nations in mod 1939:

-> the scandinavian countries should be three independent nations Norway, Sweden and Finland

When the scenario starts Finland should fight against Russia (perhaps you can stop the war in the end of 1940 - by scripting)

-> it should exist the Benelux country with Belgium, the Netherlands and perhaps Denmark

Hungary and Romania should be two new nations which are included in the Axis Power

Bulgaria as a new country should be friendly with the Axis

Yugoslavia acts as a neutral nation

Spain and Turkey should become independent countries

Norway
Sweden
Finland
Benelux
Hungary
Romania
Bulgaria
Yugoslavia
Spain
Turkey

10 new nations, that`s enough!!!

thx for reading

ok I forgot Scandinavia is too small for three new nations,

so it should become one nation Scandinavia

-> the scandinavian countries should be three independent nations Norway, Sweden and Finland

When the scenario starts Finland should fight against Russia (perhaps you can stop the war in the end of 1940 - by scripting)

thx for reading

The first war Winter War was November 30, 1939 - March 13, 1940
and the second one Continuation War June 25, 1941 - September 19, 1944 with new supplies from Germany. And then the Lapland War against Germany September, 1944 - April, 1945.

Maybe one ski infantry unite would be good to have or just Jäkkäri

I know but fighting until March 1940 is a too short period (only 7 rounds) of war

I know but fighting until March 1940 is a too short period (only 7 rounds) of war

Not if you change the calendar to weeks or months in the scenario.

Not if you change the calendar to weeks or months in the scenario.

I noticed that changing months to weeks (for example in 1939 scenario) better fitts tech tree and production

I like this idea i think also there's good idea to make the Winter War Scenario and than Barbarossa Scenario (also with Finland Included as seperate country).

I rather won't use scripting - scripting is good for single scenario mods and they really complicate making scenarios for person that don't know python. On the other hand - it's mod for changing history not replaying - so i don't see it's necessary that the war starts automaticly in....... and ends in.........

-> it should exist the Benelux country with Belgium, the Netherlands and perhaps Denmark

Hungary and Romania should be two new nations which are included in the Axis Power

Bulgaria as a new country should be friendly with the Axis

Yugoslavia acts as a neutral nation

Spain and Turkey should become independent countries

Norway
Sweden
Finland
Benelux
Hungary
Romania
Bulgaria
Yugoslavia
Spain
Turkey

10 new nations, that`s enough!!!

thx for reading

I agree with this one. First we need Turkey, Spain, Hungary-Romania, Greece and Finland. Then you need Yugoslavia, Batic Alliance, Belgium-Nederlands, Norway-Denmark, and Sweden. Not to forget about Bulgaria.

Hey guys again, remember me? :)

Well anyway i love your mod now that i can play it ;) I really enjoy playing 1939 scenario.

BUT you seriously need to add Finland in the 1939 scenario, you dont even need to modify map much, only put Finland in and these four cities: Helsinki(capital), Viipuri(city where was lots of fighting and only city which Russia conquert from Finland, later on in continuation war Finland tooked it back but losed it again in the end of war, so historially it's really important) and last city Turku(old capital and got lots of people), Oulu (it should be right on north border of the map if you dont change it)

And im not saying this just because im finnish. Here's few points why you need to add Finland in to this mod:

-Finland was famous about our amazing defending against massively bigger country (USSR)

-Germany provided Finland with guns and supply's and for that Finland let Germans use Lappi(north finland)-Norway road to move forces to vacation and stuff.

-There were quite many germans in Finland fighting in continuation war with our side against communist's.

-Finland WAS part of world war 2 so it should be in.

-So Finland was Germany's allie like Italy was earlier.

-It's not much of work for you, but it will put a lot historical depth in mod and hell a lot fun.

-A lot more i cant get on my mind now :D

Also about how many civs? - I would say 14-16 so it will still work in my comp :p currently 1939 scenario works perfectly on my computer but if you put in 24 civs im sure i cant even play it. So please max 16 :) Most perfect number would be 15 [Germany,USA,France,USSR,Poland,Finland,Italy,Great Britain,Greece,Norway,Turkey,Spain,neutrals(sweden example), +2 more]

Okey and here's my few months ago posted post but i modfied it a bit, please read it.

WW2 Finland

Leader
: Carl Gustaf Emil Mannerheim (Organized and Protective maybe)

Civics
: These are hard to say but, probably: Fascism,Nationalization,Freedom of speech, Cooperation or something and defensive

Unique bulding
: Sauna (+2 happiness +1 growth) (Women use to gave birth in sauna)

Major cities: Helsinki,Turku,Oulu,Viipuri(now a day belongs to Russia but was Finland during this time) and more depending on map size

Ideas:

Here are Finland's land losses on wars: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...940.png/300px-Finnish_areas_ceded_in_1940.png

- 20% from infantry of USSR (example if USSR has 20 on start we have 4) It should be the way that USSR wouldnt smash Finland by sending small part of troops, but if they decided to really get Finland they would do it quite easy with 50% of their troops.

- Finland should have units like: 1-3 snipers on start in east border and 2-4 Tank hunters. (One finnish famous sniper told the public that he had killed 120 Soviets in war by the way )

- Finland should have only 2-4 light tanks at start. We had really few tanks on start of WW2, later on by help of Germany we had quite many tanks.

- On east border 2 antiaircraft cannons and in Capital 1.

- Later on Germany provided Finland with guns and equipments. To fight against USSR. Finland and Sweden should be friendly, or if Sweden isnt in then other civ in their spot) USSR and Finland should be in war at start and Germany and Finland pleased. Because we would have never joined or allied with communist. So USSR should kind of be furious or if the scenario starts before 1939 then annoyed of Finland.

- Finland tile in map should be snow but that's not hard to you to change on map. and USSR should be snow too, it would make A LOT sence since Germans failed to conquer Russia partly because of the cold weather, germans (had summer clothes and equipments)

- MAYBE: New tech on techtree Skiing. Finland would have it on start (national sport here), [would add 1 movement to infantry on snow, if its possible to make it like that]:

http://www.heritageaspen.org/images/soldier.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/73/Finn_ski_troops.jpg

Intresting links (CHECK THESE OUT!!)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winter_war

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continuation_War

List what troops would Finland have:

-Regular with rifle (strenght 16, movement 1, cost 120, only difference whitesnow uniform) You could also make Ski troops, they would act like infantry II as the regular would be infantry I

-Machine gun (strenght 18, movement 1, cost 140, 50% vs gunpowdr units, would be like normal except white uniform)

-Sniper (strenght 15, Movement 1, cost 200, 100% vs infantry, white uniform)

-Gloster Gladiator fighter (UK sold 30 to finland, and South-Africa gave 29 to Finland for free) (strenght 12, movement 6, cost 120)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gloster_Gladiator

Model:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showth...=1#post3820589

-Tankhunter with molotov cocktail and rifle (strenght 14, movement 1, cost 140, 100% vs. tanks, white uniform)

-Bristel Blenheim (strenght 15-20, movement 6, cost 140)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bristol_Blenheim

-Morande-Saulnier M.S. 406 (strenght 15-18, movement 6, cost 130)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morane-Saulnier_M.S.406

-Brewster F2A "Buffalo" (strenght 18,movement 7, cost 150)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brewster_Buffalo

-Messerschmitt Bf 109 (used in Finland 3/1943) (you have allready)

-Regular with Suomi-M-31 SMG(Jäger/machine gunner) (strenght 22, movement 1, cost 160) (like germany's SS, but white uniform and different weapon)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suomi_M-31_SMG

-T-26 Tank (USSR and Finland both used these in winterwar)
(you have the model allready)

-Panzer IV (Finland bought 15 of these from Nazi-Germany during world war, thought had no time to use them in continutionwar. Thought i quess model would be allready done. And playing this mod maybe Finland-USSR war isnt over in 1944. Would be available in 1944)

-Sturmgeschütz III (StuG III) (Would be available in 1944. In 1944 the Finnish Army received 59 StuG III from Germany and used them against the Soviet Union. These destroyed at least 87 enemy tanks for a loss of only 8 StuG's)
(You have model of this allready)

-British Vickers E (Finland - used 33 tanks since 1938. They were armed initially with 37 mm Bofors anti-tank gun. They were used in the Winter War with the USSR) (you got this allready)

-Mines and bunkers and the other improvements

-Truck/s (movement 4, cost 120, for moving infantry) I think you have good enough truck in mod so just use the same.

-Submarines and warships(you can use same submarine as germany, and maybe some other ship [destroyer maybe?] )

-Tankhunter with Bazooka (Strenght 15, movement 1, cost 180, 1 first strike, 100% vs tanks. (Germany sell those to finland, white snow-uniform) Germany should have these too!!

-Artillery (the current model: early artillery would work fine)

-Anti-aircraft

PS: You dont need to put all those planes in, only 2-3

And also there are gold in northed finland(Lappi) So put gold there.

Also small information about jägers background, early on Jägers were group of finnish soldiers who were trained on germany and went to partipicate(hard word :D ) world war I. Jägers fighted with Whites on Finland's civil war in 1918(1917 Finland independed) [other side was Red communist's] So they were kind of elite infantry. Now a days basic infantry of Finland's army is called Jäger.

I made this image to easy thinks up with relationships with other civs

And as for flag, use this one:

Top Bottom