Suggestions about new nations

asioasioasio said:
Greece (1 city is not much for independent country in civ4)

How did that happen?.. Your map didn't look that small in here. I thought you had Athens and Thessaloniki, and I was going to suggest adding Iraklion (which I will anyway).

Yep, consider adding Iraklion on Crete, as Greeks continued to resist from there for a couple of months after they had lost the mainland.

Can someone post a screenshot of Turkey in the beginning. I can then indicate exactly which tile had resources, railroads, etc. If you care for such accuracy that is.

Greece should have like 3-4 cities atleast, if they're in as their own country.

About Sweden, well they are quite big country.. so i dont know. It could be cool if they would be in as their own country, but i dont mind if they are in Neutrals ether. :)

About Finland i changed my mind about some things:

Civics should be: Fascism,Nationalization,Mobilization(instead of free speech),Cooperation,Defensive

Also Finland should have like 4 cities(Helsinki,Turku,Viipuri[vyborg now],Oulu).

And there should be like population of 5 in helsinki, 4 in turku, 4 in Viipuri and 3 in Oulu. :)

BTW: I hope the patch 1.1b comes soon :p

Capital = Pääkaupunki :D (finnish)

I think that if there's Oulu(it's bigger than Vaasa) there's no room for another. And Oulu is more northern than Vaasa so if you think it from gamaplay side it's smarter to add Oulu :) But if there will be more room(take my idea from earlier; "take ground from estonia..") Then Vaasa or Tampere should be 5th city or if we get enough room and stuff then all 6 cities: Helsinki,Turku,Oulu,Viipuri,Vaasa,Tampere. :)

Also there should be some kind of way to move infantry trought northern Finland to norway(would be historially accurate) If there's enough room on map after some fixing that "road" should be added =)

Great job -- I look forward to trying this!

Regarding Switzerland, why not do what was done in the old Avalon Hill boardgame: just make Switzerland impassable mountains? Then you don't have to worry about how to stop the AI from invading it.

Other things I remember from that game, some mentioned above: Spain and Turkey were the key neutrals in terms of size/economy/military. Lumping Latvia/Lithuania/Estonia together makes sense, adding them to Poland does not make sense as their fates were somewhat separate. Lumping Norway with Denmark and/or Sweden isn't historically or strategically accurate. Same for combining anyone with Finland, they had their own unique situation. Lumping Hungary/Rumania/Bulgaria together DOES make a certain amount of sense, I think they all effectively joined the axis as one, they are small, border each other, etc. Greece and Yugoslavia are separate/important. Belgium/Netherlands/Luxemborg because of their size/border makes sense to combine them into one civ.

Depending upon when the scenario starts, Germany absorbed Austria and Czechoslovakia so they need not be separate states. Italy was able to put troops in Albania so that could also be part of Italy to reduce the number of civs.

England was dependent upon its overseas colonies for trade, which is what the uboat menace disrupted, so that would be an important dynamic to include, even if it requires making a 'British colony' civ somewhere to allow the trade and give targets for the uboats.

My list for the '39 scen:

1. Spain
2. Norway
3. Sweden
4. Finland
5. Denmark (probably as part of Norway)
6. Benelux
7. Baltic States
8. Bulgaria
9. Romania as German vassal
10. Hungaryas German vassal
11. Greece
12. Egypt as British vassal
13. Turkey
14. Iraque as British vassal
15. Yugoslawia
16. Lybia as Italian vassal
17. Tunesia as French vassal
18. Algeria as French vassal
19. Arabia
20. Palastine as Arabian vassal or French Vassal to represent the free French.
21. Malta as British vassal
22. Cyprus as British vassal

The Vassal states could also be just cities of the major civ...

As I'm planning to create scens on Trip's huge Europe map and my own, still unfinished, map, these civs would perfectly fit.

@knigh+ i'll post a screenshot of Turkey tomorrow - lately i was to busy to make it :)

@ VeteranLurker Thx for ideas - ok so i would start to keep Greece and Turkey as sepearate countries (i rethink this once again and i agree it's not good idea)

@Hardner I'm glad you'll work on scenario :) more scenarios = more fun :)
I think tha this vassals should be part of countries - i don't see possibility of making Iraq or Malta or Cyprus in near future
Maybe making Hungary Romania and Bulgaria as a one country won't be bad - they joined axis in quite the same time.

But also you can make it as JungleIII made it - just double existing leaderheads before they will be added.

BTW i want to recreate the scenario wich is for vanilla - this in North Africa :)

you might find this usefull.... i can find more for pacific theatre if you want.

here is pacific theatre landings and dates, its not animated, sorry

you can get more WW2 Facts here than you'll know what to do with

Also I would go ahead and make it possible to do 36 or 50 players... Just make most of the scenario's with less than that.... That way its available but not required. Why not open up the possiblities?

Here are some new civs that I believe should be included:

Europe:
Netherlands
Hungary
Romania
Bulgaria
Finland
Albania
Ireland
Portugal
Spain
Sweden
Turkey
Norway
Yugoslavia
Croatia
Denmark
Sweden

Africa:
Free Egypt???
Liberia

Asia
Tannu Tuva
Japan
Thailand
Iraq
Afghanistan
Republic of China
Oman
Saudi Arabia
Mongolia
Iran
Lebanon

North America:
Canada
Cuba
Mexico
Nicaragua

South America:
Argentina
Brazil
Chile
Colombia
Peru
Venezula

Australia & Oceania:
Australia
New Zealand

That is it really

I'll let asioX3 speak for all the ones we are inlcuding, but I'll say that some of those you mentioned are already in phase 2 (unreleased as of now), but all of them wont be used for every scenario. Maybe make 1 or 2 scenario's which will have more civs on a global scale, and other scenario's which focus on a smaller area with less civs (i.e. europe, pacific) :)

Too many countries imo. Max 15 so the game is still playable : ) IMO.

I know but just so different scenarios can be made on certain places during the war.

I'll rise limit of playable in scenarios to 36 (tough it would be insane to play such a scenario - it'll slow down much)

@ aman2192 - in the list you proposed there's more nation than both warlords and vanilla have :)

We have now two major problems with adding new nations (the list isn't closed) but i cans say we would go in quantity. And the mayor problems seems in aspect of quality:
- Leaderheads - missing a lot of new LH - and i'm rather poor in reskining and changing LH (I hope FireHazard would find solution how to create completly new LH - that could be useful)
- Lack of models for units (i'm only person that works on models right now :() it takes much time (luckly it gives a lot of fun too)

What do you think of making fake models of LH and units? (firaxis made it - check firaxis' scenarios) So the name would be correct, but the model would be for example of sherman for M3 Grant (of course reskinned in other color - for example desert colors). Some fake models appear even now but they minority. For Hindenburg i would use for example Bismarck.
Adding so much new nations asap would make the mayority of new units and LH with fakes models. So would you like to wait 2-4 months more and have correct models or split WW2 Mod Phase Two into two releases?

I need to discus 2D/3D LH with scenario producers what they think about.

Meanwhile i got totally crazy and made a lot of flags - 126 (still in production buttons and finishing teamflags):)
You can easily use other flag in scenario so you can exchange flags (depends what you need for scenario )

And here it's list (all are historical - if somethings wrong with flags of accuracy (for example i notieced that for canada we have been using to modern flag) or one of the flag is missing - let me know)

I'll publish soon the list of countries that going to the mod - phase two

about pictures vs. leatherheads...

Why don't you leave that for later and make the mod - phase 2, version 0.9 and put it out. While your fans here playtest and see if there is any major problem, you can do the leatherheads. Then LHs and final touches can go into version 1.

about pictures vs. leatherheads...

Why don't you leave that for later and make the mod - phase 2, version 0.9 and put it out. While your fans here playtest and see if there is any major problem, you can do the leatherheads. Then LHs and final touches can go into version 1.

well... if it comes down to that we might. It really up to Asio, but everything else isn't quite ready yet anyhow. :p

EDIT: Very nice flags asio!!!

With my muvee maker i could start working on an .bik movies for anything you might want a movie for.

Yeah very very nice flags = ) I currently have problem's with my PC so i have to re-install windows and empty hard-drive.. So i can't really play anything atm.. It sucks but i hope in 2weeks im able to play again : )

OK i would suggest this new countries

This will appear in phase two:
People's Republic of China
Spanish Republic
Australia
Canada
Commonwealth Of India
Japan
Hungary (or Danube Alliance)
Spanish Nationalists
Finland
Republic Of China
Yugoslavia
Kingdom of Greece
Kingdom of Netherlands (or Benelux Alliance)
Kingdom of Norway
Republic of Turkey
Iran (Persia)
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Mexico
Brazil (Latin Alligned Nations)
Portugal

This might appear in phase two
Vichy France
Bulgaria
Romania
Slovakia
Czechoslovakia
Prebaltica
Kingdom Of Danmark
Kingdom Of Sweden

I hope it's great news - cause the number of nations will exceed the number of units that are placed @ warlords

We finally found sollution with Leaderheads - but more info about it soon :)

I thought this thing was on a European map. On even a huge world map many of these nations will end up with 1-2 cities.

If you have a world map, I suggest having all British commonwealth as one civ. That will open up space to separate, for example, Argentina+Chile from rest of SA, because they had better relations with Axis compared to the rest of SA.

Top Bottom