Sun Tzu art of war

Banzai

Shogun
I think I've found a bug with the great wonder Sun Tzu's art of war with Conquest patch 1.15
The barracks provided by the wonder need maintenance!

I have 12 cities and no barracks.
The picture below shows I need 1 turn to build the wonder:

The next picture is the next turn after construction of the wonder:

As you can see the maintenance costs are increased by 12.
No other structures were build that turn!

Is this a new feature? I think it's a bug as you can not sell the barracks.

Banzai!

Sure looks like a bug.:( What version are you playing? If you want people to check it out, post your saved game and then someone can attempt to reproduce it.

I play with patch 1.15 as mentioned in my previous post :rolleyes:

Here is the save

game specifications:
- Huge map
- Archipelago
- Babylon
- :blush: Chieftain :blush:

Just look at the current maintenance costs, hit next turn, and look again. You can also see the difference in the gold per turn I lose.

Banzai!

I think I've got it.
Sun Tzu is not the bug.. it fixes the bug!

When you look at the 2 screenshots in my first post you notice in the first screenshot that the maintenance costs of the first city (Akkad) is 2 (underneath the hammer symbol).
When you open the city screen you'll see that 3 buildings require maintenance: Temple, Library and Harbor.
The maintenance costs are off by one!
This applies to all cities.
After construction of Sun Tzu, the maintenance costs are simply recalculated and fixed.

Still a bug though!

Banzai!

Sounds interesting, I'll try to reproduce it tonight.

Ok. I downloaded the save and think I figured it out.

I see you've just invented Education and have built the Temple of Artemis. TOA gives free temples in all cities. Education renders it obsolete, therefore 61 maintenance was correct until Education made TOA obsolete, raising your upkeep to 73. Since you just got education the previous turn, the game SHOULD re-evaluate your upkeep situation in hte inter turn, raising your upkeep by 12.

However, it doesn't re-evaluate it. So you are 100% correct in saying Sun Tzu fixes it. To test it, I changed production in Ellipi to produce Copernicus instead. Upkeep stayed at 61. I then went to Akkad and sold off the library and harbor, leaving only the Temple so that upkeep should be 1. Yet it was zero, proving you're getting your temples for free even after TOA is obsolete.

It appears you have discovered a bug with the TOA instead of Sun Tzu's. You should post a new bug report complete with save game, explaining the whole situation. Feel free to quote anything useful I might have rambled about in this post:D

Nice one!

I think you are right with the TOA bug!
You've made one mistake though... I already have Astronomy, so I did not invent Education the previous turn!

The TOA will build temples in cities that have none and will pay for the maintenance costs of those temples. In addition it will pay the maintenance costs for the temples I've build manualy before the construction of TOA.
When TOA expires the temples it has build are removed, but it seems it still pays for the temples I've build manualy.
It will do so until some event, like building Sun Tzu, forces the game to recalculate the maintenance costs. This has to be a major event, as I've already build an university in Babylon and that did not fix the problem.

I'm pretty sure I've build all temples manualy before TOA was build. This could be a part of the bug.

It seems it requires some more testing..!

Banzai!

I already have Astronomy, so I did not invent Education the previous turn

Of course. When I wrote that I was still working under the hypothesis that building Copernicus( I should have realized then... D'uh!) would increase the maintenance to 73, and that Sun Tzu had nothing to do with the issue.

Then I was able to confirm your idea that the Art of War fixes it:goodjob:

Regardless, this thread had revealed a bug that needs to be corrected. Hopefully it will get fixed in some not to distant patch.

Top Bottom