suomipeli

OK, I agree with the new "circle" but I have no chance to play saturdays/sundays. That's sad. But about the game: The plan is good, but IMO it could be better too! We must think these details: Do we get stronger or weaker after capitulating next AI? If we get stronger by every capitulated enemy, it means that its easier to wipe out the noobs and then face the main enemy (in this case Washington- I quess). If we get weaker, for example lose more army than we get reinforcements, we should face the military mighty AI first before we get weaker and then get the noobies. What do you think?

Well Robert, game is about over anyway (unless we do something really really dumb :lol:). There is nothing really to plan (well, we could try to come up with optimal troop movement to win it 1-5 turns quicker). Let's try to finish it before it's captain's turn again. :)

We will be losing ~5 trebs per civ I think which is roughly the same that we can produce per turn. So we will keep growing stronger.

I thought of something to discuss: To bombard or not to bombard?

Our main stack is so big that at least in the few coming battles I think it can bombard and suicide some trebs in the same turn. bomb promoted trebs should always bombard I think.

If we get stronger by every capitulated enemy, it means that its easier to wipe out the noobs and then face the main enemy (in this case Washington- I quess). If we get weaker, for example lose more army than we get reinforcements, we should face the military mighty AI first before we get weaker and then get the noobies. What do you think?

I think the most important thing to consider now is troop movement, so we'll just attack the civ closest to our main troops, this time inca (should be pretty weak too).

OK. We keep getting stronger every turn. Then we are fine with capping HC first, Mehmed then and Washington at last! I think that we should bombard!

To heal or not to heal? I think you already know my answer - in general, no. Trebs should be healthy though, so at least super-medic has some purpose...

T 175 - 182

Spoiler :
t 175 - 178: Whipping units, regrouping and healing
t 179: We get a Great Scientist. I honestly don't know what to do with him, so I just send him to capital and put him to sleep. Sury wants Astronomy for free. I say no.
t 180: Washington wants us to cancel deals with Mehmed. I say no.
Huayynaaa, guess whaaat:

I split our main stack and threaten these two cities at once (capturing a worker in the process). Each stack has roughly 30 units, half siege, half "real" units:

I also give Mansa Mannerheim "morale" promotion (+1 movement). I think that's very useful for a supermedic.

t 181: Both cities fall with ease. Question about bombarding is theoretical since 14 trebs can still attack each city after full bombardment.

t182:

Wow, that was fast. I can't squeeze a tech out of him, but I think we can move on to the next target faster if I just take it. I do make a deal for his gems. I know I could just demand it, but I didn't want him declaring independence and re-starting the war. I've had that happen, guys. It's frustrating. The deal is actually quite generous - copper for gems, but I figured it doesn't really matter at this point. Khmer cities are coming out of resistance, but I actually didn't give them back yet, so the option is still on the table. Another GG was born. He's on the home continent on his way to the west coast if I remember right.

I know it's not 10 turns yet, but this feels like a more natural stopping point, since we have to decide our next target. Speaking of which:

Mehmed lost a city to Washington and we have a fairly sizable stack nearby. We also have a mini-stack on the east coast 1 turn away from Navajo.

Attachments

• Team Suomi AD-1220.CivBeyondSwordSave
    262 KB · Views: 185
Vote for Washington. You already spotted his stack in Mehmed's land, right? Just kill it when its of city and the rest of of game will be easy! Then just capture Washington's cities until he is willing to capitulate and clean up the Ottomans, they'll be weak after that war they lost.

And, oh its my turn! Some tips you want to give me? Do I play until America is capitulated? I wish that I could be good enough this time...

Calm down, Robert, let me take a look.

edit: Win is maybe 10-15 turns from now, so I see no sense in wasting time moving through Mehmed's territory without taking cities from him. Straight to Gaziantep and after you take Diyarrhea he will capitulate at the latest, but one city might be enough as our(+vassals) power must be huge compared to his. Note that there is no real reason to produce troops anymore in the core cities, they won't make it in time. One last whip and then wealth.

I'd land next to Diyarrhea, unless Mehmed is already capitulated, then next to an American city.

There is a galleon with 2 troops going towards our continent on the other sea. Stop it and turn around.

Gift Corihuaratziana and Ollaantambioo back to Inca!! They won't make it out of revolt in time and HC's culture borders might speed us up.

I'd suggest you to play until Mehmed is capped, or if it doesn't happen very quickly, stop and upload and we'll have another look. This is not a very demanding set, no economy to handle, just move troops in the right direction.

Calm down, Robert, let me take a look.

Whaaaaat? I'm calm already :lol:! And yes, I won't play until tomorrow. I wait for tips.

OK, I cap Mehmed and Sampsa can finish the game. I follow the plan, I bombard, I don't heal and I bring the reinforcements to new world. That should be enough. I play today or tomorrow.

If you play carefully, I will let you play until finish. :D But first, play until Mehmed bends.

If you play carefully, I will let you play until finish. :D But first, play until Mehmed bends.

That's sweet. However, I play tomorrow. I did spend too much time on my school work as movie editor.. I play tomorrow.

Plans didn't go well. I let Sampsa end this game.

War pics:

He is just not willing to capitulate! What am I doing wrong??

At least you, Sampsa, cannot tell me that I didn't whip now...well check the cities :D!

Attachments

• Team Suomi AD-1260.CivBeyondSwordSave
    264.5 KB · Views: 182
Note that there is no real reason to produce troops anymore in the core cities, they won't make it in time. One last whip and then wealth.
At least you, Sampsa, cannot tell me that I didn't whip now...well check the cities :D!
:lol: It has no significance though.

He is just not willing to capitulate! What am I doing wrong??
Probably nothing, unless you lost a lot of troops. He will capitulate when he's ready to talk.

I'll finish this right now. :)

Well, mehmed is a warmonger, so that just makes capping him harder, so basically we just need to take more cities from him. I guess you didn't have too high losses, since you said you would bombard, ai counts your losses as war success and thinks he's winning. Then again ai also counts losing cities as your war success so I'm not saying you should be avoiding losses at all costs, speed is now more important. I think you should just move to take mehmed's capital asap that'll probably lead to his capitulation.

I think you overwhipped our capital. At the very least the iron should be used at all times. I think Timbuktu should also be using it's iron, there are some tiles that should be worked at all times, resource tiles often are these.

Small note: use nordenskiöld separately, since his boat is faster. Otherwise farming him to navigation was redundant:cry:.

Sinimusta, I don't think it's about war success, it's simply about refusing to talk (=once his refuse to talk period is over, he caps). I might be able to put at least some portion of the troops that Robert so ruthlessly whipped :lol: into use.

2T later Mehmed bends without us doing further damage to him

As we are not producing :hammers: anymore, I revolt to save ~200:gold: per turn. Not that we absolutely had to, but we are rather close to STRIKE!! thanks to our little whipper ;)

Strike won't hurt us much though, so it's rather cosmetic.

Hey! You should praise me, I learnt to whip ;)! Anyways, just move forward to Washington, take his noob city next to Diyubbuku or what ever it is and then get some of his border cities! Victory will be ours!

Hatchet being a woman

Western fleet on the way

Northern fleet on the way

Troops waiting for attack order on Khazak

Main force

Probably win is ~5T away.

Top Bottom