Super Civ Scenario

Are you saying you have a problem as well?

I just zipped the entire Super Civ folder and biq up. The scenario doesn't use any other folders apart from the civ ones. The only thing I can think of is the location where the scenario is placed. Since moving to Windows 7 I have been running the scenario from the following location

C:\Users\your_user_name_here\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Civilization III Complete\Conquests\Scenarios

If you are running Win 7 then try putting the scenario biq and the Super Civ folder there.

Here's how it looks for me. First the VirtualStore directory

And the Super Civ folder

Attachments

• super civ folder.PNG
    super civ folder.PNG
    8.6 KB · Views: 553
  • virtual store.PNG
    virtual store.PNG
    18 KB · Views: 558
Been taking a break from working on IE and playing this all day today instead. :D

It's fantastic! Here are some observations:

-Playing as the EGO, corruption is through the roof early on, due to proximity between HQ and the other buildings, which meant my expansion was very slow :(. I did manage to get some prime real estate though! (the Zoo and the Botanical Gardens). I also got the Takayama Dojo, but it disappeared on me before I could build the wonder! Oh, I got the museum, too :cool:.

-The Heroes were wiped out reasonably early by the Celestial Order. Maybe they need beefing up?

-Looking at the map, a few other resources seem to have moved around during play. Prison Island is now located to the North of the map.

-No-one can build the Daily Globe's wonder as it isn't possible to get the resource in the city radius.

-There are a couple of Grassland spaces SE of the Museum which look like they should be parkland? The cursed Underworld settled there! :lol:

-There have only been 3 wars, which I've seen: The aforementioned Heroes vs. Celestial Order war, the Authorities trying to take out CHAOS (still ongoing) and my current war against the Underworld. The swarm have been peaceful so far.

Currently at Noon on Day 15, still a little bit of research to go though for all intents and purposes I've stopped now to focus on killing :nya:. The Celestial Order has built the UN anyhow. :)

No, I don't have a problem, I don't even have the latest version as uni's consistently been running me over. :( I was just addressing MartinLuther's issue.

thanks for feedback Virote and help in identifying those bugs. I've addressed them and packaged them up into this nice 1.5 version.

@Tak - thanks for clarifying, I think ML's problems are going to be caused by either an earlier version or where he has the scenario files.

Attachments

• Super Civ 1.5.zip
    43.7 KB · Views: 547
If you are running Win 7 then try putting the scenario biq and the Super Civ folder there.

Sorry, but I have a piece of crap Windows Vista for a computer.

No, I don't have a problem, I don't even have the latest version as uni's consistently been running me over. :( I was just addressing MartinLuther's issue.

@Tak - thanks for clarifying, I think ML's problems are going to be caused by either an earlier version or where he has the scenario files.

Well, I do have 1.2 & 1.3 so that's probably right.

Got a game going now. Playing as CHAOS. Good so far, not much fighting going on (day 6). It's annoying though that it's not possible to get the Super Stadium (or whatever it's called) ressource in the city radius, so the wonder can't be build.

I'll give some comprehensive feedbeack, when I've had more time to play.

Currently on day 7, but a lot of stuff happened.

The Swarm declared war on the Authorities, and dragged Underworldinto it. When they took the Asymlum I attacked the Swarm and took the Asymlum, and payed all other civs to declare war on the Swarm. The Swarm then took some of EGO's cities (who's also at war with Underworld). So I attacked EGO and took some of their cities before they would be eliminated by the Swarm. That's where I am now.

Some things:

* It's annoying that there are so many city spots on the border of the map. The AI fills them up with cities you hardly can see. This could easily be fixed.
* Also, it seems there are more ressources that allows wonders, that you can't get in a city radius. That's also a big shame, since it's impossible to get these wonders otherwise.
* The techs are quite cheap, I'm one of the smaller civs and able to research techs at minimum time and still collect 200 cash each turn.
* The Swarm seems a bit overpowered. It takes A LOT just to kill a single of their units. Even the workers are quite hard to beat with early units.
* Corruption should probably be reduced a bit. You might want to adjust all map sizes to the same level of corruption. I seem to recall that there is some bug in Civ here (would have to ask Embryodead though, it's been so long).
* The Heroes seem a bit weak, while the Celestial Order take most of their city spots.

Also, are you ever supposed to be able to actually kill the Swarm?

I found the crash problem. It seems to crash whenever a city advance is built, either Gates, or Tesla Device. I don't know how to fix it, but I am guessing it might be a graphics thing?

Post a screenshot of the crash message. Welcome to the forums!

The crash message is simply "civ3 has stopped working". Not really much for a screenshot.
I am updated on all my civ3 conquest patches, and using the 1.5 biq. An interesting thing is when I ran superciv in debug mode, everything worked fine. I was able to make the gates for the city, several other advances. But when I went back to normal mode, it crashed again, at the gates advance.
ok, more information. I crashed when I played the league. Just tried the authorities, and it made gates perfectly fine.

And you still get only the 'civ3 hast stopped working' message?

Right. When playing the League, any city advancement, when 1 turn from finishing, will crash. Are you able to play as the League?

Is there any chance to see the main file available for download again?

Thank you Balthasar.

I downloaded, but I can't start the game.

It either crush the moment I choose League of Heros, or never finish configuring the scenario for other factions (I waited for 15 minutes or so).

Post #1 states version 1.4 as latest and your uploaded verson 1.2.
Maybe this could be the reason for my problem.

Well, some versions were quite buggy.

Top Bottom