Supreme court upholds Trump's travel ban

Has it ever occurred to you that it's the actions of foreigners themselves that create the "xenophobia"?

There are almost zero non europeans in hungary. So no it's not what someone did. Also I did say xenophobe not islamophobe. They hate everyone except Magyars. Nationalism at this level is sickening.

There are almost zero non europeans in hungary. So no it's not what someone did. Also I did say xenophobe not islamophobe. They hate everyone except Magyars. Nationalism at this level is sickening.
You realize that Hungarians are capable of seeing what happens outside their own borders..?

It's quite true though ... did you misread?
Yeah true in the same sense that two competing street gangs will prevent people being ruled by one of the gangs...it's a fantastic way of missing the point.

Last edited:
You realize that Hungarians are capable of seeing what happens outside their own borders..?

Orban is not looking much further than the 5 million Hungarians living in bordering nations, especially Transylvania in Romania.
He is completely driven by ethnic nationalism

this man is a danger for stability and peace.

I think to be in any way directly comparable, the Muslims would have to be turning up in the billions with armoured space laser tanks. If they were doing that then the chances of success would indeed be about the same, but...
You may have a point.

But on the other hand, Muslims, as their name implies, are arriving not only in large numbers (in some places, at the moment; tomorrow, who knows?) but also extremely fertile (rumour has it), and armed with the Koran (and various other tomes).

Now, I don't pretend that that equates to billions with armoured space laser tanks.

But armed with God (if such exists, and the current motto of the US seems to indicate he/she really does) must surely out-trump (pun intended) armoured space laser tanks (whatever they are). God being infinite and absolute, and all that.

Oh, no, hang on. The Pilgrim Fathers arrived with God's armour too!

Coincidence?

Yeah true in the same sense that two competing street gangs will prevent people being ruled by one of the gangs...it's a fantastic way of missing the point.

You're just upset that your own Christian Sharia fantasies are being thwarted by having that "competing gang" draw attention to you.

You said two wrongs don't make a right. I agree with that, therefore we should protect our nations from being taken over.
You said it was okay to steal the native North Americans' land because they'd been stealing each others' land before the Europeans arrived.

What part of that has anything to do with Muslims?

I find it hilarious that people believe that Christian and Muslim fundamentalists would somehow end up working together towards a common goal. Do you not have even a cursory knowledge of the history of humanity?

Despite their hatred of each other, they want close enough to the same thing. It's not really that different from American Teahadists aligning themselves with the Russians against liberty and the rule of law. Gaining power comes first, no matter what ally you need to use.

Most of those issues have been decided already by the Supreme Court, so they wouldn't be voting on them at all. And I'm not particularly worried that fundamentalists are going to take my booze away. If that's a real concern where you live, then my advice would be to move somewhere better.

here's what you said:

I find it hilarious that people believe that Christian and Muslim fundamentalists would somehow end up working together towards a common goal. Do you not have even a cursory knowledge of the history of humanity?

What does the SCOTUS have to do with fundies working toward a common goal? And if Muslim and Christian fundies were voting on laws, they'd find plenty of agreement on punishing sinners based on the Old Testament. And now you're claiming history is devoid of any examples of Islamic and Christian fundies working toward a common goal? They've been living together for 13 centuries, I'm sure they've worked toward common goals countless times.

The only "natural alliance" that two groups of theocratists of different religions can have is that they will both support prevention of a theocracy other than their own...which makes them both natural allies of the people who don't want a theocracy at all.

Christians and Muslims share the Old Testament, they already agree on quite a bit... The wall separating church and state would not be stronger if the Muslim population matched the Christian fundies, it would just mean more people in favor of punishing sinners.

Top Bottom