Sven's Europe

Ok Chums! The update to v1.5 is nearly complete and there are a whole lot of new changes and tweaks including a new Civ, euro-specific natural wonders, a new map which expands to India and more!

The main task right now is to populate the map with resources. I'm aware, as you may have noticed in previous versions, that I am very generous with the resources that I give and after trying to populate the new map, I've found that I just can't kick the bug! As such I'm appealing to the community to see if there's anyone who is good at putting resources on maps. I'm looking for it to be both flavourful yet balanced (Wine in France, Spices in India etc).

If I don't get any takers in a few days I'll push forward and you'll just have to make do with my usual distribution! :p

I'm looking forward to seeing v. 1.5, Sven. I've been playing on 1.4 and it's a great map. It's a little disconcerting to have the top cropped so close to the Persian hinterland but I understanding your reasoning, and it's a rare treat to have all of Arabia there for play.

Sven, I have a document I compiled a couple of years ago for a mod of my own I had planned for Civ III of resources in the ancient world. I will be happy to send it to you. It's probably a bit long to post here. I can also recommend a couple of maps I've found online.

Hey Sven, any timetable on when v.1.5 is going to be released?

I really love this map, and can't wait for the Indian expansion. I was actually considering editing it myself and adding a southern expansion, towards Mali, and probably removing the Hungarians, or Danish to fit them in.

Currently playing a game on v.1.4 as the Ottomans. I don't really see where people think there are too many strategic resources. I've got all of Anatolia sans the Marmara, and I only have 2 deposits. Not that there's any problem with that...

If you need any help doing resource allotment, hit me up via PM. I've been lurking around the forums for a while, but only now bothered to activate my account.

Subscribe to the mod on steam, and then go to the mods section of the game. It should install in there and give you te option to launch it.

Ah... how do you make the civs spawn in the proper locations?

To make the civs start at correct locations, check "Load Scenario" when starting the game (this option works properly only when you run the game through the "Mods" option in the main menu).

The Load Scenario button isn't there....

It should be there after you select a map with starting locations as map type in normal setup (not in advanced setup).

You need the Denmark DLC for the danish civ to appear. Since this is occuring I am assuming that you don't own the DLC, so the game places a random civ there to fill the empty slot.

Top Bottom