[Sword of Islam]: Byzantine Conquest

For the lurkers out there, I've updated the 2nd post with links to each turn set.

Sultan is quite easy for any truly Indian civ (the Sindh aren't lol). I've won domination with both of them, which meant that I could conquer Constantinople and become Roman Emperor, which meant that I could build a huge stack to traverse the continent.

I'm interested in a Hindu religious victory game in Sultan, anybody up?

I'm interested in a Religious Victory game, don't mind which civ or difficulty.

My high score board has converted my early (pre-0.3.4) Historical Victories into Religious Victories - is this the same for everyone else?

I've always struggled quite a bit when I play Indian Civs. I'm definitely interested in an SG as a Hindu civ, hopefully I'll learn a few things. I like the idea of a religious victory. Because Hinduism has always had a pacifistic strain, maybe we could do it non-violently. Perhaps we could set a rule that we won't initiate any wars? Or is that too harsh?

I am interested too. Catholic religious victory would be interesting too, but maybe too hard..

I am interested too. Catholic religious victory would be interesting too, but maybe too hard..
Seeing how you did this i think you may need something that is "too hard" :lol:

I've always struggled quite a bit when I play Indian Civs. I'm definitely interested in an SG as a Hindu civ, hopefully I'll learn a few things. I like the idea of a religious victory. Because Hinduism has always had a pacifistic strain, maybe we could do it non-violently. Perhaps we could set a rule that we won't initiate any wars? Or is that too harsh?

Impossible. The only saving grace for the Indian civs is that you have no backstabbers, and you can easily win wars against a single opponent. I find myself building a lot more early units at the expense of buildings with Ajmer and Gujerat than with any other civ. Once you have India all to yourself, economy and science take care of themselves.

That is actually interesting. As with domination, as long as you have sufficient land, KoJ can easily kill other civs. I suspect we'll have a lot massacres, a lot of inquisitors (probably have to build them continuously) as well as use Persecution to succeed.

I'm up for either Catholicism or Hinduism...people can decide.

Impossible. The only saving grace for the Indian civs is that you have no backstabbers, and you can easily win wars against a single opponent. I find myself building a lot more early units at the expense of buildings with Ajmer and Gujerat than with any other civ. Once you have India all to yourself, economy and science take care of themselves.

Fair enough. This is probably why I haven't done well as an Indian Civ.

I'd support a religious victory game with either a Hindu or Catholic Civ; although I do lean towards a Hindu Civ.

Great! It was really fun.

One game that I think would be interesting/challenging is going for Khwarezmid UHV before 1250 (so we'd have to conquer Persia before the Mongols show up), on caliph and epic. But since religious seems to be the consensus I think that'd be nice too.

Just so you guys know, I've been slogging away at a Hindu religious victory and it's REALLY just like a domination/conquest game--you basically have to conquer almost all the other civs (i.e. massacre or raze cities) to get to 70%. I have all of India and Iraq to myself, most of Persia (i.e. Esfahan and Hamadan, other cities razed), as well as Afghanistan, and all Timurid cities have Hinduism...and I'm only up to 52% in 1450.
Orthodoxy and Sunni each have 15%--now if I covert ALL those cities to Hinduism, I can only get an extra 15% max.

Basically, this is too boring.

Would you be interested in trying the Khwarezmid game I described above instead?

I'm up for any kind of challenge, but as I proposed this one it is probably somebody else's turn to call the shots.

More Religious Prosecutors?

All of my cities are completely Hindu. The AI won't use them efficiently, and can only build 1 at a time.

It would be nice for
1. RP to be useable in a vassal's territory
2. A religious tech which allows unlimited number of missionaries.

Great Saint ability can convert enemy cities

spam priests to generate GP

For challenges: Domination with no Constantinople
Build or conquer every wonder in the game - this one might be fun because you would have to have all religions present
Espionage only game - allow only a certain number of techs to be researched
Domination where you can only have cities you founded Burn!!!!!!

SoI is really only built for UHV victories and then domination, no diplomatic or cultural or space (duh!)

I'm about attempt one of my shadow games of this. Never been able to pull it off like you guys did, but I keep trying.

Not sure if any of you are still around, but if you are an ENORMOUS for the most epic game threads in CIV history.

Top Bottom