SYSNES2: On the Lathe of Suns

I should've done this earlier, but here we go.

FAIR USE NOTICE:
Some artwork in this thread contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. Such material was utilized to advance the aesthetic of the game as a whole and is not intended for commercial use. It is believed this constitutes a "fair use" of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit for entertainment purposes. All image rights are properties of their respective owners.

IMAGE CREDITS:
Background image sources and the sources of fonts are provided and attributed below; artwork may also use additional design elements, which are also properties of their respective owners but are not generally detailed in this image credits section. This list will be updated with other works using copyrighted material in the future as necessary.

Apeilic Iris
Background: Structure on Senset by paooo
Font: Microgramma D

Lesser Orion Financial Group
Background: Tron City Grid Backend from Tron: Legacy
Font: Garamond

Pavonis Bank
Background: Tron Roadway from Tron: Legacy
Font: Optima LT

Black Iron Republic
Background: Coruscant at night by Yannick Dusseault
Font: Dancing Vampyrish

Niovgroyokia
Background: Moon and Venus Over Switzerland by David Kaplan
Font: Strange Rituals

Firzonat 1
Background: speedpaint landscape 2 by paooo
Font: Basica Industrial

Valk Irinate 45
Background: Los Angeles 2100 by AndreeWallin
Font: Latin Runes

Hankish Republic
Background: Martian Colony by aksu
Font: Avenger

Dardareo
Background: EVE Online: Tryannis by CCP
Font: Orchidee

Quasi Association
Background: Empyrean 2 by Borkur Eiriksson
Font: Atari Kids

Coran Illuminate
Background: Asuran Link from Stargate: Atlantis
Font: Ambex Heavy

Zera
Background: Stratocasterman by J.Costa
Font: Coalition

Csser'ian Confederacy
Background: Dontnod - Adrift conceptart 08 by paooo
Font: Palatino Linotype

Standard Territories
Background: Temple SV by Daniel Xiao
Font: ICBM SS-20

Syndicate of Leeni
Background: speedpaint landscape by paooo
Font: Drakoheart Leiend

Praxzen Republic
Background: City concept 01 by Kenichiro Tomiyasu
Font: Bigmacca

Ilosian Pentarchy
Background: Plate 1513 by Borkur Eiriksson
Font: Perfect Dark

Order of the Deluge
Background: Underwater City by nkabuto
Font: Prometheus

Republic of Yan
Background: Grimsvotn Eruption 1 by Gunnar Gestur
Font: Century Gothic

OOC: Dis is planning to bring Sysnes to the masses?

The relevant quotation is:

I'll hopefully have the redone economy sheets up soonish.
The rest indicates this has clearly not ended, and I for one plan on continuing to carry on.

There is really little reason to cry "dead" after only 3 months. Simpler NESes have survived longer hiatuses, with most of their playerbase intact to boot.

Lost my hard-drive recently. With it went my SysNES folder, which was somewhat big. I can go through and re-download most things off the threads, but it looks like I can't find some interesting tidbits like older versions of the manual / spreadsheets. Would anyone mind uploading their SysNES folder somewhere, censored if need be, for me to download?

I thought there was an update <_<

There is really little reason to cry "dead" after only 3 months. Simpler NESes have survived longer hiatuses, with most of their playerbase intact to boot.

Well it's a bit longer than 3 months now, but we're not quite at the 10-year mark yet! I remain hopeful for a SysNES revival any day now :)

Technically all the spreadsheets are still up. Nothing prevents someone from making a new SysNES, or even automating the systems in a simple computer program. It could be very interesting to turn it into an indie computer game, obviously with dis' blessing. It's funny how many mechanics in Stellaris this anticipated (and in many cases, does far, far better).

Top Bottom