• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Take-Two Games FY2025 quarterly report

June 7 even "feels" like a civ announcement date - and it would be just in time for Firaxis usual ~4-5 months of wait since announcement till release by the late October...

Is there any other 2K franchises for which they would use words "most beloved".

This is for me key hint, I would put chances to see reveal at June 7 more that 50%.

Release on other hand I dont know ... will they go for standard 4-5 months after announcement, or it will be "comming 2025", or nothing

I do not think we should automatically assume it's Civ 7, because 2K is rumored to be announcing Mafia 4 sometime soon as well.

Take two’s fiscal 2025 ends March 31, 2025. A game that is expected to contribute significantly to fiscal 2025 revenues would likely have to be released before the 2024 winter holiday season. I’d guess that whatever is revealed would be released October-November 2024.

I do not think we should automatically assume it's Civ 7, because 2K is rumored to be announcing Mafia 5 sometime soon as well.
or Mafia 4 ... (which I also looking forward to).

But I dont think Mafia 4 is near complition, and relase must be this year to not compete with GTA6 (similar games)

Beyond Civ 7 and Mafia 4 , "most beloved" could be Bioshock maybe

If you ask me

Civ 7 35% chance
Mafia 4 25% chance
Bioshock 15% chance
Some other 25% chance

Come on, place your bets 🎲🎲

Don't forget Borderlands. Not my cup of tea but that's a franchise that's outsold Civ, has a strong following, and the last mainline entry was released in 2019, so Borderlands 4 is also a plausible game to announce. One point against it would be that Gearbox was recently hit with layoffs, which owners would try to avoid if there's a large game needing to be finished.

Don't forget Borderlands. Not my cup of tea but that's a franchise that's outsold Civ, has a strong following, and the last mainline entry was released in 2019, so Borderlands 4 is also a plausible game to announce. One point against it would be that Gearbox was recently hit with layoffs, which owners would try to avoid if there's a large game needing to be finished.

And has an (pretty awful looking) movie adaptation coming out this summer.

Some further analysis from the remarks posts after the presentation:

16 total games for FY2025
3 released so far (with a 4th later this fiscal quarter, the other 12 titles would be in fiscal quarters 2-4))

7 will be Immersive Core (a category that includes Civ)
(1) TopSpin2K25 (already released)
(2) NBA2K25
(3) WWE 2K25
(4) Unannounced beloved 2K franchise title (that might be Civ or Mafia)*
(5) No Rest For The Wicked (aRPG) (already released in early access)
(6) Tales of the Shire (Hobbit life sim)
(7) ??? (NFL 2K25, I assume)

5 will be Mobile games

2 will be ports of existing titles

2 other games not listed
_______
An unannouced title from 2K is expected to one of their best sellers for the FY2025.

*At one point, one of the speakers gushes at length about how well the most recent Borderlands game has been doing and how he has a rosy outlook for the movie coming this summer. It didn't sound like Borderlands or Bioshock franchises are expecting a new title this year.

Some further analysis from the remarks posts after the presentation:

16 total games for FY2025
3 released so far (with a 4th later this fiscal quarter, the other 12 titles would be in fiscal quarters 2-4))

7 will be Immersive Core (a category that includes Civ)
(1) TopSpin2K25 (already released)
(2) NBA2K25
(3) WWE 2K25
(4) Unannounced beloved 2K franchise title (that might be Civ or Mafia)*
(5) No Rest For The Wicked (aRPG) (already released in early access)
(6) Tales of the Shire (Hobbit life sim)
(7) ??? (NFL 2K25, I assume)

5 will be Mobile games

2 will be ports of existing titles

2 other games not listed
_______
An unannouced title from 2K is expected to one of their best sellers for the FY2025.

*At one point, one of the speakers gushes at length about how well the most recent Borderlands game has been doing and how he has a rosy outlook for the movie coming this summer. It didn't sound like Borderlands or Bioshock franchises are expecting a new title this year.
I find it hard to conceive of Mafia 4 as the “beloved best seller” in question. Mafia 3 got average critic reviews (like 6s and 7s) and sits at “mixed” on Steam.

It doesn’t seem like the series ever gets the massive hype of other cornerstone franchises. I dunno, over the last couple decades my perception of it has always been “generic GTA”.

I find it hard to conceive of Mafia 4 as the “beloved best seller” in question. Mafia 3 got average critic reviews (like 6s and 7s) and sits at “mixed” on Steam.

It doesn’t seem like the series ever gets the massive hype of other cornerstone franchises. I dunno, over the last couple decades my perception of it has always been “generic GTA”.
As I've stated before, rumors have been floating of a Mafia announcement for some time, and it's a long-lived franchise, so someone is clearly fond of it. Is it beloved? That might just be corporate hype.

I'm hoping it's Civ, but I have to give credence where it is due. There's a solid chance that it's Mafia 4 instead.

As I've stated before, rumors have been floating of a Mafia announcement for some time, and it's a long-lived franchise, so someone is clearly fond of it. Is it beloved? That might just be corporate hype.

I'm hoping it's Civ, but I have to give credence where it is due. There's a solid chance that it's Mafia 4 instead.
Yeah I hear you. Maybe it's just confirmation bias getting me :crazyeye: Crossing my fingers that it's Civ.

*taking on tinfoil hat*

Interesting historical events taking place of 7th June

1099 – First Crusade: The Siege of Jerusalem begins.
1494 – Spain and Portugal sign the Treaty of Tordesillas which divides the New World between the two countries.
1628 – The Petition of Right, a major English constitutional document, is granted the Royal Assent by Charles I and becomes law.
1654 – Louis XIV is crowned King of France.
1776 – Richard Henry Lee presents the "Lee Resolution" to the Continental Congress. The motion is seconded by John Adams and will lead to the United States Declaration of Independence.
1942 – World War II: The Battle of Midway ends in American victory.

And last but not least it is also Tourette Syndrome Awareness Day :scan:

Top Bottom