Taking cities over via culture...

IceCascades

Chieftain
What's the best way to do this? In most of my games, I haven't taken any cities this way, though in one game I was able to take over two Russian polar outposts, and one Chinese city that was strategically vital. I'd like to be able to do it more often.

If you want to take over a city by culture I would recommend.

- Building as many of your cities as you can around it and as close as possible.
- Rush building as many culture improvements within your cities as possible.
- Cut all of his roads that lead to anywhere from which he might be getting luxuries.

Some other people probably know better, I've never intentionally tried it.

Endureth

Exactly what endurath said. Add patience.

> - Cut all of his roads that lead to anywhere from which he might be getting luxuries.

Now what happens if you have surrounded his city entirely with your own cities. The only roads that connect that city to his empire are YOUR roads? Can you "block trade" on these roads? Or do you have to bust up your own roads? :)

Originally posted by Angmar

Now what happens if you have surrounded his city entirely with your own cities. The only roads that connect that city to his empire are YOUR roads? Can you "block trade" on these roads? Or do you have to bust up your own roads? :)

A civ can trace a trade network path along roads/rails of another civ only if the two civ's are at PEACE. In this situation, if you're at war, the enemy wouldn't be able to access resouces in the surrounded city. If you made peace with them, though, he'd immediately gain access again, assuming that one of your encircling cities is connected to the rest of his trade network (i.e. on the outside of the ring.

Top Bottom