Tall Empire (v1.0) - A cure for the wide / underdeveloped / ICS empire!

BINARYGOD

Chieftain
TALL EMPIRE by BINARYGOD (JAEMz)

A mod to increase the AI's tendency towards taller, more fully developed empires & to mitigate ICS.

Why Did I Create This Mod?
I got VERY tired of facing nothing but a bunch of wide, ICS-style empires with inadequate defenses and infrastructure. It made taking them down a grind where it felt less like you were going after another civilization and more like just a cpu-controlled puppet playing by a completely different rule set.

What Does This Mod Do?
- Removes the ability to city-spam
- Decreases the AI's desire to create wide empires
- Improves the overall infrastructure of AI empires
- Increases AI militarization
- Greatly increases AI city defenses

v1.0
Spoiler :
- Only one settler can be active/under-construction at any given time, per AI or player empire
- AI Empire 30% less likely to go wide if likelihood above 80% by default
- AI Empire 20% less likely to go wide if likelihood from 50% to 80% by default
- AI Empire 10% less likely to go wide if likelihood from 20% to 40% by default
- AI 20% more likely to build improvements (buildings) in each of its cities
- AI 20% more likely to improve land tiles
- AI 20% more likely to improve sea tiles
- AI 20% more likely to make land, sea and building improvements that will aid in population growth
- AI 20% more likely to build military units
- AI 20% more likely to build city defenses and use garrisons

Note: By stating "20% more/less likely" I am stating that the rating, represented in the database by integers from 1 to 10, has been incremented/decremented twice. value=value+2 or value=value-2...

Example: If leader A has an expansion rating (how likely they are to expand/how wide their empire will end up by 2050) of 8 by default, this mod will alter that value to be 6. A 80% likelihood becomes 60%...

v2.0
Spoiler :
- AI now 100% likely to build city defenses
- Fixed bug where the game engine (and select parts of other mods) altered values critical to this mod based on what type of win the AI was going for (compatibility unaffected)
- Fixed the bug where changes were affecting barbarians, which made them behave similar to their "raging" level, for a regular playthrough

Compatibility:
- Designed to work with latest patch (Feb/March 2011) and all DLC
- CCMAT v11 - Combined Civilization's Mods and Tweaks by Jooyo
- WWGD v6 - What Would Ghandi Do (AI Rebalancing Mod) by Sneaks
- Any mod affecting or adding to the UI...
- And mod affecting or adding new units, building, wonders, etc...
- Any mod affecting or adding to the tech tree or social policies...

Possible Conflicts:
- Any mod that affects the Leader_Flavors sql table
- Any mod that affects the AIGrandStrategy_FlavorMods sql table, and where those changes are important to it
- If your unsure if a mod is compatible, just ask and I shall look into it for you! :)

NOTICE: You can now download Tall Empire from the in-game mod browser; search for "tall empire" :D

Special Thanks: Civfanatics user Bibor for his 'Diplomacy by numbers' thread, and the entire Civ V mod community! :goodjob:

CURRENTLY WORKING ON/TESTING: (v3.0)
- Waiting on feedback...
- Open to suggestions...

Sounds great, but what is the compatibility status with other mods?

Sounds great, but what is the compatibility status with other mods?
Yeah I would love to know if this works with CCMAT as it does sounds like a great mod.

Confirmed to work with CCMAT! Should work with ANY UI based mod as well. Should also work with just about any mod that add's civ's, building, units; or any mod affecting social policies or technology.

If anyone is unsure in the future of what would or would not work with this, just ask and I shall be happy to look into it for you!

(updated original post to include some of this information)

EDIT - love the username - makes me think of ME2 when grunt would yell "I.. AM... GROGAN!!!!!!" on the battle field, before pile driving some poor enemy to death.

Hey this sounds good, i will give it a try the next time i will play. I am playing with several mods (ctp, cultural capital...), i will tell you if there where any problems..

Anyone know of anyone to update the thread title so it also changes in the forum and not just at the top of the original post?

(Should I ask a mod to edit the title to remove the "(v1.0)" part? That's the reason I am even asking...)

Anyone know of anyone to update the thread title so it also changes in the forum and not just at the top of the original post?

(Should I ask a mod to edit the title to remove the "(v1.0)" part? That's the reason I am even asking...)

Asking a mod would be the only way I'm afraid. I'm not sure if they even do that because they would probably be asked to change countless thread titles from then on. If they do, I'd want them to delete the "System Overhaul Mod" part of my title and just change it to Civilization NiGHTS:)

is it compatible Procylon's Call to Power Project

Yes and no - I don't think my mod breaks his, but we do change some of the same values and mods such as his are usually best left to themselves, except where he states compatibility or bakes in another mod. My mod is much, much smaller and focused...

Best case scenario is that my mod will alter his slightly to support the increase in tall AI empires, but this is obviously now what he has in mind for his mod and some of the same values he changes are changed very differently from mine. This would slightly alter the balance he is trying to achieve and I cannot really say how it would affect the overall game. Then end affect is empires not all that much taller than default, but other aspects of his mod going wonky.

Worst case scenario, if his mod was loaded after mine, would be that mine would essentially be blown away. I increment here and decrement there, and then his mod with set values specifically to something entirely different.

You might ask him, if he even has the time, to include a "tall empire" option in his mod; and I would be more than willing to aid him in that if he were interesting...

Excellent idea. Is the mod compatible with "city state diplomacy" and this one

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=15667

?

Thank you very much!

For the linked one (thal's) - I cannot say for sure what will happen, but we changed some of the save values, so depending on what files are loaded first... I will have to go with not compatible. If you like mine on its own, you might ask him if he wants to integrate it with his since his is the larger one.

As for City State Diplomacy - it doesnt seem to interfear, but I cannot say for sure what will happen with mixing my changes with that one in terms of how the AI bahaves. I will give this a tentative "yes" for being compatible...

How/where do I download this mod to use on a Mac (no online mod browsing possible)?

EDIT: Isn't there any modpack for this to download? Or, would somebody on Windows be as kind as to wrap the files downloaded from the mod browser into some archive and post a link for me to download? Thanks!

hi, I'm currently working on a City State Challenge Mod which requires ALL Civs to have to go to war to expand their territory past the culture generated by their capital.

Can I include the script from this mod into mine? With full recognition to yourself obviously.

Top Bottom