TAM Maps as a Multiplayergame?

cael

Chieftain
Hi,

after enjoying this great MOD several times just by myself, i wanted to share the fun of ancient world domination with a good friend of mine.

Since playing normal random maps as a direct connection game worked just fine, we spared ourselves the installation of xfire and gamespy and i tried hosting a game on the map:
TAM Mediterranean - 16 Civs - Standard - BTSv082

Right after is start the game i have to choose my civ and then i'm in the lobby waiting for my buddy to join in.

The problem is, all other civs are set as open and i cant change them to AI.

I tried it as a hot seat game without envountering any problems so far.

Is there any way TAM can be played as a multiplayer game?

Thanks

TAM is set up so that it works as a multiplayer game. I have played in the past with my brother on our home network against the AI without any trouble. I'm not sure why you can't set the open slots to AI...

After re-installing Civ4/BtS, my friend and me ran into the same problem:
We can play BtS and FfH2 just fine, and TAM using "custom game" with a map generator script seems to work as well.

But when we start a Direct-IP game as "custom scenario", on the server side all nations other than the local player show as "open", but are greyed out, and the client hangs upon "select a nation" (or somesuch). Network.log speaks about missing replies and shutdown on the client side.

We tried moving the map files from "\Civ4\Beyond the Sword\Public Maps\" to "My Games\Beyond the Sword\PublicMaps\", and they showed up first in the map list on the server, but it didn't help at all.

Any ideas?

Versions are: BtS 3.19, TAM 0.90, CvGameCoreDLL for BtS3.19

Hi,

after enjoying this great MOD several times just by myself, i wanted to share the fun of ancient world domination with a good friend of mine.

Since playing normal random maps as a direct connection game worked just fine, we spared ourselves the installation of xfire and gamespy and i tried hosting a game on the map:
TAM Mediterranean - 16 Civs - Standard - BTSv082

Right after is start the game i have to choose my civ and then i'm in the lobby waiting for my buddy to join in.

The problem is, all other civs are set as open and i cant change them to AI.

I tried it as a hot seat game without envountering any problems so far.

Is there any way TAM can be played as a multiplayer game?

Thanks
Same problem here.

TAM in Civ3 could be played multiplayer but since Civ4 you can't change the Open slots to AI while using one of the TAM maps. You can use the TAM mod multiplayer with "New Game" and generate a random map. But using a scenario excludes AI.

Is there any way at all to play the TAM maps multiplayer with AI players?

Thanks,
Haplo

Top Bottom