TarcisioCM's Civilizations

Wow this civ is so much awesome on so many levels, another based release form Tarcisio! but I must ask with the Liberty policy that allows you to produce settlers 50% faster does your city produce units also in an increased rate?

Wow this civ is so much awesome on so many levels, another based release form Tarcisio! but I must ask with the Liberty policy that allows you to produce settlers 50% faster does your city produce units also in an increased rate?

nope sorry m8, but it always produce with that city's yields multiplied by 1.5~2

I didnt get that part of the UA, m8...

So since you're on a Hunnic kick, let's have some odd ones!

---

The Hephthalites (Mihirakula)
Start Bias: Plains
Capital: :c5capital: Piandjikent
UA: Sveta Huna
Military Units garrisoned in Cities generate a +1% :c5production: Military Production bonus in that City for each Puppeted City you control, increasing to +2% if the Puppeted City is a former Capital. All Units may move after attacking.
UU: Asbarobido (replaces Great General)
Standard Great General abilities. However, any unit with 3 or more Movement Speed gains an increased :c5strength: Combat Bonus (25% vs. 15%) if both it and the Asbarobido moved at least one tile during the Hephthalite's most recent turn turn. The :c5capital: Capital generates :c5greatperson: Great People +5% faster for each Asbarobido in enemy territory.
UU: Tokharoi (replaces Composite Bowman)
Though much more susceptible to melee attack than the Composite Bowman it replaces (with a :c5strength: Combat Strength of 5 rather than a still-pretty-rubbish 7), the Tokharoi is faster, with a base :c5moves: Movement of 3 and the ability to ignore Terrain Penalties for movement (retained upon upgrading). It also has the unique promotion, "Wusun Vultures", that allows it to gain a temporary +3% :c5rangedstrength: Combat Bonus when attacking per point of yields of the tile it is stationed on when it pillages that tile's Improvement. The bonus is removed on the next turn. Requires Horses and counts as a Mounted Unit.

---

How Wusun Vultures works:-

Your Tokharoi is stationed on a Flood Plains tile with Wheat. With a Farm and a Granary in range, that yields 5 Food. If you pillage the farm that turn, the Tokharoi gains a +15% Combat Bonus when attacking that turn.

Your Tokharoi is stationed on a Desert tile with only a Trading Post. Pillaging the Trading Post will only grant a +3% Combat Bonus.

Of course, it'd account for yields from buildings, religions, and the like.

---

So, what do you think? I tried to make it a Civ based around destruction and conquest, the rage of the White Huns and the terror inflicted upon their enemies - there's a wonderful quote from a Sassanid source that when Peroz I mustered his army to fight the Hephthalites, they "went forward more like men condemned to death than warriors marching to war". That's the feeling I wanted to capture with this Civ. =]

Idealicious. Now, someone, please make that civ.

Absolutely loved the Wusun Vultures promotion. As for the rest though, I think the fact that they abandoned their nomadic origins and started living in towns should be more represented.

quoting muh wikipeedia
they did not live as nomads, did acknowledge a single king, observed a well-regulated constitution, and behaved justly towards neighboring states.

According to him, their life is not wild or nomadic, and they live in cities.

Still thinking about what I want to do with their design (My ever-sleepy mind does not help), but you might be seeing the white huns soon.

Basically, yeah. Or, indeed, attacking CL's Afghanistan with a load of Kalles all over the place from before the update...

Also, yeah, which was why I made the UA relate to puppeted cities - while they did live in towns and had a cross between a conventional monarchy and an elected, non-hereditary khanate, they were also incredibly expansionist and feared as fighters. It took, like, the Sassanids, a few others, and two different Chinese kingdoms dogpiling them to topple the Hephthalite empire, and even then they just moved to India. If you add in a "Settlers found Puppeted Cities" thing to the UA (and you can just nick the code for that from CL's Australia) then you have a lot of options, although frankly the UA's a bit weak anyway, and deliberately so - otherwise, it'd be vastly OP given how good the UUs are. =]

That's a really interesting idea. Gives a purpose to pillaging beyond healing. Also makes you pay attention to the other guy's yields, which isn't normally something you do.

Also, yeah, which was why I made the UA relate to puppeted cities - while they did live in towns and had a cross between a conventional monarchy and an elected, non-hereditary khanate, they were also incredibly expansionist and feared as fighters. It took, like, the Sassanids, a few others, and two different Chinese kingdoms dogpiling them to topple the Hephthalite empire, and even then they just moved to India.

Point taken. A few ideas are popping up in my head related to this theme; I'll see what I can come up with. The Tokharoi will probably remain the same regardless.

Question: why the UA means "light of the Huns"\"Hun's light" in Russian?

Question: why the UA means "light of the Huns"\"Hun's light" in Russian?

It is not in russian, but in sanskrit. It means "White Huns" if I'm not mistaken. Although, I have to admit that these two words do sound like they are from a slavic language ;)

Sanskrit is probably the oldest language in the world that is still in use, so it's not surprising that some words in other languages may have derived from it

It is not in russian, but in sanskrit. It means "White Huns" if I'm not mistaken. Although, I have to admit that these two words do sound like they are from a slavic language ;)

Sanskrit is probably the oldest language in the world that is still in use, so it's not surprising that some words in other languages may have derived from it

Well, we all love showing off, don't we?:mischief:

Agreed (not that I don't appreciate your map for my OP, Kerf ;)).
I hope the eventual update to JFD's modders scenario will feature all these new OP maps.

Updated the OP again with a new design, it ain't pretty but it works.

~

That recent talk about the Massagetae in LS's thread prompted me to keep working on my own version of it, as per requested by Hiram some eight months ago.

Spoiler :

Hype train goes choo choo.

I'm claiming your 300 post! Viva la Revolucieone! Viva la poor Spanish!

Top Bottom