TarcisioCM's Civilizations

ExCE uses TableSaverLoader, which notoriously conflicts with SaveUtils.

It does. ExCE, CID, and RtP do, CulDiv does not.

Is there something different about ExCE's TSL?

Checking my SaveUtils mods, they all work with CiD, RtP, CulDiv, Akhenaten, Karl XII, and E&D (which also uses TSL).

The only TSL mod where SaveUtils doesn't work with my mods is ExCE.

Soo, as i understod, all new Tarcs civs don't work with JFD's mods ? :/

I have had no problems whatsoever with WWI Germany, Bulgaria, and the Ottomans, all of which use SaveUtils.

Shaglio, I patched the aqueduct bug for the Medes.

I'll transition to new save utils for future civs, but you lot shouldn't expect updates for previous civs. I've donated more than my fair share of time to modding.

I'm not expecting anything. I have only ever tried to be polite in my dealings with modders, because I do appreciate the fact that your hard work is being shared with the community. A community, which I have seen, that is not always as grateful to have that work. Yeah, sure, it sucks that playing with these new Civs and ExCE will not be possible, but if it isn't your prerogative to update them then so be it. Like I said, you aren't obliged to do anything for the community and I respect that.

It seems like the modders in this community are putting a bit too much pressure on themselves because of the faceless masses demanding more from them. You guys know it's a hobby, and you have lives outside of it, so it's unfortunate that these internet people are able to stir up trouble for you. After all, those people cease to exist in your sphere of influence once you walk away from the computer, so they shouldn't influence your mood. I just hope that the rotten apples that are out there don't ruin everything for the people who do enjoy and appreciate what's being provided to them free of charge, that's all I am trying to say.

I can't speak for everyone, but at the end of the day I would be willing to bet that even the people placing demands on the modding community only do it because it comes from their love of the work being put out. If they didn't care for it, or think it was valuable, they wouldn't waste their time.

Can ExCE be changed to work with the new civs?

Bwahahaha who am I kidding. Can someone make an improvement icon out of this so that I can at least pretend those are Runestones? Otherwise I'll have to scrap the Swedes.

Almost gave up, but never, ever doubt the power of gambiarra.

By the way, you mentioned having trouble with an icon for Anglo-Scandinavia. Could you make something out of this? It'd probably look nice.

Almost gave up, but never, ever doubt the power of gambiarra.

By the way, you mentioned having trouble with an icon for Anglo-Scandinavia. Could you make something out of this? It'd probably look nice.
Aww, now I'll have to actually make that civ :( :p

But I'd also need a version of that icon without the blue circle around the white model.

I'm just here to say that I am so freakishly hyped for Canute!!

That's all.
We're going to build a huge fleet, and it is going to be great and it is going to be tremenduous and we'll make some of the Swedes pay for it. Some of which, I assume, are good vikings.

Ahh how time flies.

wow, hyped for another high energy release - do you still have issues with finding an icon for the whole civ?

I for one wish to be the first to welcome our new Danish Overlords (and some of the Swedes). Map looks awesome by the way, though I still have a soft spot for the old version for some reason - maybe it's the colouration? :p

*Begins hurriedly preparing Danegeld*

Never really paid much attention to it - does the circleless version also have the blue hue, or is it all grey?
Pretty sure it has a yellow glow instead. I'd check on the atlas of a civ that has an UI if I could, but I lost my .DDS powers and now am but a mortal man again :p

wow, hyped for another high energy release - do you still have issues with finding an icon for the whole civ?
Yes, and I am completely inept at photoshopping/drawing solid-colour images such as icon alphas. I was contemplating procuring the help of Jan but I'd rather not burden another person so much.

I for one wish to be the first to welcome our new Danish Overlords (and some of the Swedes). Map looks awesome by the way, though I still have a soft spot for the old version for some reason - maybe it's the colouration? :p

*Begins hurriedly preparing Danegeld*
I loved the old map too, it was my first well-made map. Alas, all things must pass.

I was also a big fan of the old map, but the new one is even greater!! I'm really interested in seeing how the design has turned out. There can't ever be too many (at least semi) Danish civs!

Habe you considered using a longship or something? Its fairly generic I suppose but so are the the vanilla icons and most of the modded ones.

Like this? But less crap

Made the background-less UI icon:

Also, you can use this for Anglo-Scandinavia if you like it. Colors chosen without giving much thought, as I assume you already have your own, just to see how it looks as an actual icon.

Made the background-less UI icon:

Also, you can use this for Anglo-Scandinavia if you like it. Colors chosen without giving much thought, as I assume you already have your own, just to see how it looks as an actual icon.

I think the lines in the cross should be a bit thicker. They might not turn out well as they are in smaller sizes. More so on the Alpha/City Banners.

Top Bottom