Team switching before the game starts.

Well, it brings up the possibility of giving the transfering player confidental information. He leaves Team X, who has decided to kill off their neighbor ASAP, and joins Team Y, who ends up being Team X's neighbor, for example.

Plus team organization, while not game-breaking, would be known and that could affect things.

RegentMan said:
Well, it brings up the possibility of giving the transfering player confidental information. He leaves Team X, who has decided to kill off their neighbor ASAP, and joins Team Y, who ends up being Team X's neighbor, for example.

Plus team organization, while not game-breaking, would be known and that could affect things.

Aye but that would all depend on the map that discussion so i cant really see it being a problem.

Yeah, I don't think that there is enough serious discussion to make any real threat to security. Essentially all we can do is say that "hmm, Team X has a strong bunch of team members, it'd be nice to nail them early." :evil:

I don't have a problem with someone PMing me or RegentMan before they apply for access to their team in the User CP (if you say "gimme random" or "any team" in the sign up thread), but I don't really want to do it after someone has been approved into that group.

Speak now, or forever hold your peace. :)

I see nothing wrong with it. It would suck to get stuck on a team that doesn't run the way you are comfortable with. It's a recipe for inactivity. Now is the time when people could figure out the structure of a team and decide whether or not to be apart of it.

Conversely, since structures are not set in stone yet, players should advocate their preferred style of team-play and become an active member early so they can get involved in the process.

I randomly chose team A :smug: as it was at the top of the list and couldnt be bothered scrolling down to see what the other teams were called :D

Tubby Rower said:
I see nothing wrong with it. It would suck to get stuck on a team that doesn't run the way you are comfortable with. It's a recipe for inactivity. Now is the time when people could figure out the structure of a team and decide whether or not to be apart of it.

Conversely, since structures are not set in stone yet, players should advocate their preferred style of team-play and become an active member early so they can get involved in the process.

Exactly my fear, however.

People are distasteful of their team, just say "Oh, look, that team has the most team members and they are the most active, I'll just join them." and suddenly we have an influx of people joining the already active teams at the expense of the teams just scraping by. Our goal isn't to have one massively active team, it's to have 5 active ones. I see your point about disinterest contributing to inactivity, but it was this argument (which you hinted at) that persuaded me:

Where there's only 5 or 6 people on your team and the game hasn't started, don't you think it'd be easy enough to make the team "run the way you want"?

But either way I'm fine, just my preferences...so, yeah, if you want to switch teams or something, first try to work it out and make it a team you'll enjoy, but if all else fails, PM me and RM.

well I think that you (GA) and RM could use your judgement as to whether there is a personality conflict or if it's jsut "I wanna be with the cool people". IMO, the former is an acceptable reason while the latter is not.

I think it would be good for players to see what other playing styles are out there are like. I think it is boring that you play with the style that you are most comfortable with because these games whould be about expanding you knowledge of the game. I know that the first game opened my eyes up alot about how to play the game, so staying on a similar path would be boring and limitin in your gaining of playing skills.

Ginger_Ale said:
I don't have a problem with someone PMing me or RegentMan before they apply for access to their team in the User CP (if you say "gimme random" or "any team" in the sign up thread), but I don't really want to do it after someone has been approved into that group.

Speak now, or forever hold your peace. :)

:agree:

I think we leave it up to the admins. The admins can see if there is classified information that shouldn't get out. Them make the call, that's what we pay them these huge salaries for. :D

Top Bottom