Tech Support Responsiveness?

Isostran

Chieftain
yeah but since Firaxis merged with 2k games I think its a little confusing over there.

anomalek

Chieftain
Before the take-over, I was calling tech support many times a day, but spent eons on hold waiting and never actually spoke with anyone.

After the take-over,there was a sort of improvement, in that I was able to actually get through and speak to someone.

Unfortunately, they were not able to offer help or suggestions of any kind, and simply noted the many various problems I am experiencing that make this game virtually unplayable, and promised that someone would contact me within 24 hours, and suggested I call back again if no one reached me.

10 days later, no one has contacted me.

now, day after day, I come to these forums and wander around in the vain hope that in one of the millions of posts there will be the mysterious answer I need to figure out how I can actualy get this stupid game to work. Weeks later, still nothing, no word, no patch, nada.

Biggest waste of $50 EVER. :mad:

atomant

Chieftain
Ditto ! Same issue with support. Horrible.

anomalek said:
10 days later, no one has contacted me.

now, day after day, I come to these forums and wander around in the vain hope that in one of the millions of posts there will be the mysterious answer I need to figure out how I can actualy get this stupid game to work. Weeks later, still nothing, no word, no patch, nada.

Biggest waste of $50 EVER. :mad:

Isostran

Chieftain
Yes 50$ wasted is correct..I cant remember the last game I bought that was this bug ridden and awful. Now it seems that Civ4 plays randomly good and bad. Cant wait for the patch..

StanVanDamn

Chieftain
Yep same here guys. I really give up. Its quite annoying when you have been waiting so long for the game and this happens!

distrukt

Chieftain
Yeah I sent them an E-Mail about 2 weeks ago, saying the game was running poorly/crashing on my system just to see if they would send anything back to me or let me know that a patch is underway.

I have not yet had a reply sent back to me.

=(

Parthius

Chieftain
Let's see, the first time I called, they said all I needed to do was load the latest drivers and it wasn't their problem at all. No case number, just go away!

The second time, I got a case number, but told emphatically that there was no patch in the works and no work around for the game crashing on the wonder movies (the work around is to turn movies off in the ini file). I sent them the requested output file and have heard nothing in a week.

I will definitely avoid all T2Games in the future!!!!!

cpnichol

Chieftain
"now, day after day, I come to these forums and wander around in the vain hope that in one of the millions of posts there will be the mysterious answer I need to figure out how I can actualy get this stupid game to work. Weeks later, still nothing, no word, no patch, nada. "

Same here Anomalek. I've spent more time looking at forums than playing the game. If they're going to release such a bug ridden unplayable mess they could at least have the decency to employ enough customer support people.

Chopperhead

Prince
Dont email them it takes for ever for a reply and if you need to discuss something or what they recomned doesnt work you have to do it all over. your better off to just call them. First time I called I got through after about 40sec on hold the second time took about a minute or so.

I when I was talking with one of the guys there they said there is only 8 people there taking the calls and that over 5000 people called them the first day it came out. Thats why people were having really long waits.

Munchkinguy

Chieftain
Take Two seems to have outsourced their tech support. When all the tech suppot people were busy, a customer support person told me to "call back tomorrow at eight o'clock, your time". My time? What's their time?

Chopperhead

Prince
Munchkinguy said:
Take Two seems to have outsourced their tech support. When all the tech suppot people were busy, a customer support person told me to "call back tomorrow at eight o'clock, your time". My time? What's their time?

Your right. It goes to a company in England. Yes thats right they have us calling the UK for support lol good thing it's toll free.

deevee8ed

Chieftain
i got an answer, but the guy had SUCH a thick accent, i could _barely_ understand him... i dunno just can't understand the british i guess

Tweets

Chieftain
Chopperhead said:
your better off to just call them. First time I called I got through after about 40sec on hold the second time took about a minute or so.

Good idea, but despite a lot of searching, I've not yet found a UK phone number! Anyone got any ideas?

(~Chuckles~ And no, I can't call a US toll-free number for free! So although their team is in the UK, I'm really stuck!)

Chopperhead

Prince
Well I couldnt find a specific support number but 2K's International Office is:
International Office
26-28 Hammersmith Grove
London, England
W6 7BA
Tel: 44 (0) 208 834 2009

they can tell you who you need to call.

if all else fails then try buying a calling card and give them a call through the Canadian or American numbers. Or use your moms phone lol

Top Bottom