Chieftain
zzz_UIPatch 1.0.2.44_GK
=================

Changes to Civ5's Frontend User Interface

-----------------------------------------
1.0.2.44 - 30.Mar.2013 by Temudjin
-----------------------------------------

- Frontend Screens:
- remove: Legal Start Screen is never shown - acceptance is assumed.
- remove: EULA is never shown - acceptance is assumed.
- remove: Download Agreement for mods is never shown - acceptance is assumed.​
- MainMenu:
- change: Reorder MainMenu - Now: Mods, Single Player, Multiplayer, Options, Other.
# change: 'Exit' button will now exit to desktop immediately.
- add: 'Quickload' button' - Loads directly the last saved game.
- add: tooltip on 'Quickload Last Save' (shows savegame-info, known DLCs, required Mods, enabled Mods).
- add: tooltip on 'Version Label' (shows UIPatch version).
& add: 'Quickstart' button - go immediately to the Advanced Startup Screen (use already enabled DLCs/Mods).
& add: tooltip on 'Quickstart Advanced' (shows default user options, enabled/known DLCs, enabled Mods).​
- ModsBrowser:
- remove: On 'Next' button, now jumps directly to ModsSinglePlayer screen.
1. ModsMenu screen is never shown (no problem since enabled mods are shown elsewhere).​
- InstalledPanel:
# fix: Initial order indicator (up/down) of the sorting option buttons ('Title'/'Enabled') is now correctly displayed.
# change: 'Title' button now places updates on top.
# change: Ensured that secondary list-order stays alphabetical for both 'Title' and 'Enabled' buttons.​
- ModsSinglePlayer:
- remove: On 'Back' button, now jumps directly to ModsBrowser screen.
1. ModsMenu screen is never shown (no problem since enabled mods are shown elsewhere).​
- LoadMenu:
- fix: sorting 'SortByLastModified()' was sometimes unreliable.
- fix: sorting pull-down stayed invisible when switching from Cloud to Autosaves.
- add: new sorting-order for simple single player: 'Latest On Top, Files & Auto'.
- change: make 'Latest On Top, Files & Auto' the default.
# change: missing mods will be enabled when loading a savegame.
- add: tooltip on 'Leader Portrait Image' (savegame-info, known DLCs, required Mods, enabled Mods).​
- SaveMenu:
- change sorting-order for simple single player game-saving to: 'Latest On Top'.
- ensure sorting-order for saving to cloud to: 'Lowest Slot Number On Top'.
- display actual save file name, unless:
1. A file from the list of savegames is selected or
2. CloudSave is selected.​
- display actual save game parameters, unless:
1. A file from the list of savegames is selected.​
- add: tooltip on 'Leader Portrait Image'.
1. Unselected: (NewSavegame-info, enabled Mods).​
2. Selected: (OldSavegame-info, known DLCs, required Mods, enabled Mods).​

# new in UIPatch 2.13
& new in UIPatch 2.44

Installation:
------------------------------

Extract the .7z file to:
'...\Steam\SteamApps\common\sid meier's civilization v\Assets\DLC\Expansion\UI\FrontEnd'
Thereafter you should find there is a new folder named 'zzz_UIPatch 1.0.2.44_GK'.

NOTE: Path has changed since G+K - It is now under the DLC\Expansion\..

Compatibility:

Should work for:
- For Gods + Kings expansion

To Dale, who gave an example and noted that the UI-files are loaded in alphabetical order.

Notes:

- Be careful! All those annoying additional screens and questions are there for a reason, even if I couldn't find a good one.
- All changes are seperate from each other! Just delete the file you don't want.
- LoadMenu:
- The default sort options 'Latest On Top, Files & Auto' and 'Updates' are displayed only in English!
- Missing mods are automatically enabled before loading, either all or none. (Shown yellow on tooltip)​
- Quickstart:
- Skip ahead to the 'Advanced Startup' Screen as if pressing 'MODS','NEXT','STARTUP GAME','Advanced Setup' one after the other.
- The initial values are the defaults as displayed on the tooltip.
- The 'Back' button from 'Advanced Startup' sends you back to the 'Main Menu'.​
- Quickload:
- Missing mods are automatically enabled before loading, either all or none. (Shown yellow on tooltip)
- Red Mods or DLCs are probably show stoppers.
- Yellow Mods or DLCs will probably work just fine.
- Quickload is not really very quick. In fact it's bloody slow. Much more convenient though.
- A yellow DLC indicates that it is currently disabled. It will be automatically reloaded if necessary.
- A red DLC indicates that UIPatch couldn't find it. Quickload will fail.
- A yellow mod-name indicates that it is currently disabled. It will be automatically reloaded if necessary.
- A red mod-name indicates that the mod is not known. Quickload will probably fail.​
- Download:
- Only at CivFanatics. Not available through Steam Workshop.​
- Gamestart:
- To skip the intro video at the start:
1. Check 'Skip Intro Video' in Interface Options.​
- To skip the loud 15 sec advertisement at the start: (Thanks Zyxpsilon)
1. See Forum Post by Zyxpsilon
2. Download shortest (2nd) file.
3. Rename to: 'Civ5XP_Opening_Movie_en_US.wmv'
4. Put it into: '...\Steam\SteamApps\common\sid meier's civilization v\Assets\DLC\Expansion'
Note: You may have to repeat that if you reload the game via Steam, or if Steam pushes a new patch.​

Old Version:

1.0.1.674 - 11.June.2012
- Last version for vanilla Civ5.
- Much the same but without Quickstart, Quickload and Tooltips.
- Extract the .7z file to: '...\Steam\SteamApps\common\sid meier's civilization v\Assets\UI'

Attachments

• zzz_UIPatch 1.0.1.674.7z
    11.6 KB · Views: 267
  • UIPatchScreen1.jpg
    UIPatchScreen1.jpg
    209.3 KB · Views: 2,693
  • UIPatchScreen2.jpg
    UIPatchScreen2.jpg
    211.6 KB · Views: 2,591
  • zzz_UIPatch 1.0.2.44_GK.7z
    30.4 KB · Views: 309
Considering it edits the main menu, does this mean this mod replaces core files?

Thanks for this mod, it is AWESOME :goodjob:

:goodjob: For the new 1.0.1.674 Beta

:cringe: Apparently I never uploaded the 1.0.1.511 Version. Sorry. :whipped:

:goodjob: A new version for the Gods + Kings expansion. I've also added a Quickload button to the Main menu and tooltips showing savegame requirements.
Details in the first post.

No, sorry. :cringe: - :nono: No more vanilla for me.

Probably only the xml-files would have to be changed.

Thanks Temudjin! :goodjob:

Can I ask you, is there a way to stop the initial "firaxis/take2/steam workshop" advertising portion of the intro video that starts up before the main GnK loading screens even if you have turned intro movie loading off? Since the game loads so slowly, I think this extra 15 sec wait is not good. I fixed it by removing all the intro movie files like these files:

Civ5_Opening_Movie_en_US.wmv

because what the game seems to do and it cannot be turned off, is to read the first 15 sec's of that file and play it even if intro movie loading is turned off by default. If you remove the files, it removes the problem, but is ugly and Steam tries to re-download them at patch time.

Cheers

@ glider1:
I wondered about that myself.

@ Zyxpsilon:
Tanks :). I've put a link into the first post.

Temudjin, love all the versions. But, I am having problems with 705G&K. I would not work at all. I put it in the correct new directory (FrontEnd) with no luck. I reverted to 674 and it worked. Am I the only one that is having no luck with 705? Thanks!!!

Here's my path and Temudjin's new version is working for me.

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\sid meier's civilization v\assets\DLC\Expansion\UI\FrontEnd\zzz_UIPatch 1.0.1.705_GK

Cheers

Thanks, and darn, it must be just me. I tried putting the directory in the "FrontEnd" subdirectory and no luck. I even copied the files over the ones in there an no luck. So, I am back 674 with no problems. I wonder what I am doing wrong.

You guys are GREAT and thanks. Glider1 - I finally figured out what I was doing wrong when I went to post my path. I did not have it under the DLC path. I was puting it in the UI\FrontEnd under assets. I knew it was something simple and stupid on my part. Now it is working and is very cool!! Thanks to you and Temudjin for this!!

Top Bottom