Term 3 - Office of the Warlord

Falcon02

General
Term 2 - Office of the Warlord - Falcon02

We have recovered from military Weakness, but more is still to be done to ensure our supremacy.

However Military Supremacy must be balanced with Economic development and peaceful expansion.

It is my Goal that we shall fully achieve and maintain full Military Supremacy without sacrificing the more peaceful development of our infrastructure and economy.

Term 2 - Office of the Warlord - Falcon02

We have recovered from military Weakness, but more is still to be done to ensure our supremacy.

However Military Supremacy must be balanced with Economic development and peaceful expansion.

It is my Goal that we shall fully achieve and maintain full Military Supremacy without sacrificing the more peaceful development of our infrastructure and economy.

Spot on :)

We are not the most powerful, nappy is

edit, sorry didn't see your post in stragety junction thread before i posted

we are not far off though

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 92
I think it would be good to send 2 chariots from Riversight to city #2 (Coppertown), as Riversight is already well protected.

I'm going to try to come up with some preliminary instructions and French war/defense plans at some point today.

I think it would be good to send 2 chariots from Riversight to city #2 (Coppertown), as Riversight is already well protected.
I concur with this, Riversight has a wide buffer for attacking units where Coppertown is directly next to an enemy town. May I also suggest that the first 2 axemen we produce get a +10% Strength bonus and are sent to NotA and Coppertown?

I concur with this, Riversight has a wide buffer for attacking units where Coppertown is directly next to an enemy town. May I also suggest that the first 2 axemen we produce get a +10% Strength bonus and are sent to NotA and Coppertown?

Actually looking at the save they're about equidistant. The shortest routes between Riversight and the nearest French town is 2 tiles, including 1 Hill, (directly diagonal SW of the city).

However for Coppertown the distance is again the same 2 tiles... however Coppertown is 2 tiles more to the south then Riversight is (relative to the nearest French city). This means instead of just one 2 tile route there are two 2 tile routes (ignoring zigzagging between the two main paths).

Both paths have a shortest time to attack (2 movement) of 2 turns, it would take 3 turns for a 1 movement unit to attack.

It should also be noted a Chariot can move from one city to the next in 1 turn. So if there is a more apparent threat at one then the other we should be able to respond quickly to it.

However, what does worry me more about coppertown is resources... We want to keep that copper, even though we will have Iron hooked up soon. So I say move we do what dutchfire suggests to help defend the Copper.

On the second note about Axemen.... I agree completely
Also we already have 1 axemen and he already has Combat I and Shock (+10% Strength, +25% vs. Melee)

Warlord Falcon, the city of Riversight is ready to immediately begin military production, which units do you require for the conquest of the vile French!

The French have Declared War on Yasutan!!

The French sent a Galley filled with 2 Axemen and landed them on our Silver mine. A Chariot bravely defended that tile from 1 axeman, however he succumbed to the second, leaving the axeman at 4.2/5 strength.

We've got 3 main concerns here now.

1. Destroying the Axeman in our Borders and ensuring no more resources get pillaged
    The Silver mine is lost, I have no doubt the Axeman will pillage it, and move on. The important part is making sure our Iron is well defended, without that Iron we lose military production ability. However, we'll still have our Copper, so all we'd really lose is our Swordsmen, and at this point while they have a role to play I view it as minor right now.​
  2. Making sure that the French does not call in allies in this War, or at least preparing for the possibility.
    It probably won't happen, but I can't help but think about the old Domino War of Civ 3 DG1. Ever civilization that was on the continent was at war with us because Babylon declared war on us, and called in allies, who called in allies and so on. It's interesting to note, both Caesar and Bismark are Cautious with us, however Bismark is pleased with Napoleon, and Caesar is Cautious towards Napoleon. However, this is very unlikely, and even if it does occur we've got a good forest buffer. So I lean towards the second, just trying to keep in mind this may end up turning into a 2-front war... however I doubt it.​
  3. Taking Vengeance on France and Destroying them!
    After #1 this is our priority. First we need to make sure all our units which are still waiting on promotions get promotions. I think our Axemen should get Shock for +25% vs. Melee, for a total of 75% bonus vs. Melee. We could also try mixing the Axemen promotions between Shock and Cover or City Raider, but I don't think that's necessary at this point. I think full Shock will be more valuable, since it doesn't look like Napoleon can produce mounted units, and Archers should be easy to take down. Chariots I'm more split on right now, either Combat I for increased strength, or Flanking I to allow for higher odds for hit and run battles, or more likely some mixture there of. We also still have a Archer in EA that needs to get it's City Garrison Promotion.

As for production I think we should focus on Axemen, with some Swordsmen and Keshiks. As stated I don't think Napoleon can produce mounted units so Spearmen would be pointless. The vast majority of their units are either Melee or Archery types, and given the Archers are still... Archers with only 3 strength, Axemen should have little problems with them. However even so, that's where the Swordsmen come in with their higher base Strength and City Raider bonus. Also Keshiks will allow for quick assaults, quick reinforcements and general support for the other units, biggest weakness is Napoleon does have Spearmen who have good odds vs. our Keshiks.​

In Summary for Elders...

Production Preference
50% Axemen
25% Swordsmen
25% Keshiks

Also, on another note, we can also move to research Machinery, which will take ~13 turns. This would give us...
Crossbowmen - 6 str, 1 move, 1 First Strike, +50% Melee
Macemen - 8 str, 1 move, +50% Melee

Of course this would delay our other research goals, and probably is not necessary, but something to consider.

Also, on another note, we can also move to research Machinery, which will take ~13 turns. This would give us...
Crossbowmen - 6 str, 1 move, 1 First Strike, +50% Melee
Macemen - 8 str, 1 move, +50% Melee

Of course this would delay our other research goals, and probably is not necessary, but something to consider.

What about cats we need them as well

Given the opposing French units I don't think we need Machinery that bad. Swordsman and Axeman will deal with them easily. Catapaults are something were are seriously lacking though, we need to build some soon.

Agreed, as stated, Machinery is more of a luxury then anything else, however Catapults are very important for city sieges.

So yes, Construction should be made a priority.

If we send that one chariot towards the French axeman, would that be enough to knock him out?

Note: There's a barb axe coming towards Equus Aurum

That One chariot probobly won't be able to do much except slow the Axeman down. IIRC it had about a 20% chance against the axeman in it's current position, better odds on level ground, but still 5 vs. 4 str.

Didn't notice the Barb near EA, gonna have to take another look at the save next chance I get.

Note: There's a barb axe coming towards Equus Aurum

I don't see the Axe on the map right now... though I assume since we're missing a Warrior that should be to EA's NE that the Axe killed the Warrior and is now left in the FOG, likely heading our way.

I'll keep that in mind.

What does the log that Civ makes say?

Falcon... To meet your unit desires...Could you perhaps decide which cities should build what. I think my city(EA) is the furthest from the action so the keshicks may make sense in my city.

I will also see if I can up my production till this war is over. I expect alot of workers to be running from the front so I may be able to adjust some tiles quickly.

Hyronymus, if you're refering to losing the "missing' Warrior to a Barbarian Axeman, the Civ Log agrees.

"75 AD: While defending, your Warrior was destroyed by a Barbarian Axeman!"
Same turn as the French attack.

In relation to Roboo's question...

I think EA and Riversight should concentrate on Keshiks, and NotA and Coppertown should concentrate on Axemen.

EA is on board with building keshiks. let me know if you need anything else.(preferably in my thread as i have a busy early week with limited internet access)

Top Bottom