Term 3. Welcome to the Foreign Ministry.

I agree, Robboo, let's not get into a slanging match with them, as it serves no purpose. I say no reply is neccessary... their annoyance is a sign that we timed things perfectly, imo.

We should probably keep in touch with the other teams, tho, like they said, to combat the negative spin.

It's seems that they were not expecting this or they wouldn't have reacted so badly, we have caught them offguard!

Thanks...I feel like beatign a dead horse here.

I suggested at least 3 or 4 times to contact all the other teams when we attacked. IF we would have done that we would have had our story out first to the others and they would look like a crying begging team. NOW we are the second ones to contact everyone and we look like we are covering up. First contact by two warring nations sets the tone...the second contact usually only can respond and refute what was said...and usually looks like they are covering up.

For the second or third time in this game we failed to use diplo to our advantage. And now have to play catch up. Our reputation will take a hit now at least by the very suspicion that they will cast by their accusations.

/ I just wish I had time to be the Foreign minister. I could do it IF I had a trusty assistant to alert me if we get messages and check my poor typos.

why should we contact other nations? what would that do in anyway shape of form but make us look like we are unsure whether our actions we're right or wrong.

It's not whether or not we are right or wrong, but what "seems" right and what first impressions give us. People are fickle that way, they judge before they consider the facts. That's why we have to play catch up, even if we are right.

Well we've spoken to gwt and cbr are joining us in a war, bat are really no concern at all and ive been speaking to members of EVG quite regularly over msn- i think we have little to worry about on that front :)

perception is what I am saying. If we would have said why we attacked prior to them announcing it.

If there is any doubt to the validity of our word as a nation it will harm us later. People have to know we will not break a deal. Now they have a doubt.

Indeed but any team that will not let us explain the circumstances too about this are obviously just looking for an excuse to not go through on the deal.

True BUT we know peopel do look for outs. While the whole team might not a selct few coudl cause a deal to fail.

With only one other team we havn't talked to about it i don't think we'll have to worry too much.

Dear CFC-Team!

The Nibelungen deliberated about open borders with your nation and
decided to agree. However, our agreement shall include the following
amendment: Without permission only one unit can cross the borders of the
foreign countries. Entering the territory with more units requires the
explicit permission of the Nibelungen and the Thunderfalls,
respectively. We send you open borders ingame and if you agree to the
amendment, feel free to accept ingame.

Is there something more we can do for you?

Best regards,

bratscher, ambassador of the Nibelungen

seems fair enough, ill accept ingame.

Dear CFC team,

We are pleased to inform you that we are currently researching
feudalism. Perhaps that technology would interest you in such war time.
May we ask what you are currently resaerching ?
If you have any idea of exchange to suggest, please feel free to discuss
about it.

Best regards,
Bat team

We're researching machinery, done in about 30 turns. I see no reason why not to trade tbh :)

Perfect, sign the deal.

In terms of beakers, is it a fair deal?

base is 700 for each so yes exactly equal, though personally i would put machinery above feud in terms of 'decent tech' it gives you half a mace and an xbow.

We would have to put a non trade on agreement on the arrangement.

base is 700 for each so yes exactly equal, though personally i would put machinery above feud in terms of 'decent tech' it gives you half a mace and an xbow.

We would have to put a non trade on agreement on the arrangement.

Of course buut it is a good deal.

Top Bottom