Term 5 - Presidential Thread - Setting up the Space Race

The Judiciary ruled that the President can delegate his responsiblities as necessary, including the DP function. The review can be found here. I apoligise if I appeared to be harsh in my reply to eyrei, I didn't intend to be.

Thanks for replying folks.

eyrei, my intent is to personally play as many chats as I can. I just don't know what that number is. I am also working with Rik to have several of the chats played by him, on his time schedule, to allow our non-US citizens a chance to participate without being up all night.

I assure you, and all citizens of Fanatica, that during the most critical chats, either Rik or I will be playing. I will be delegating the role of DP to those I trust to do a excellent turn, and will remain ultimately responsible for all actions done by the DP.

If you have any further concerns, please PM me and we'll continue the discussion.

Thanks!
-- Ravensfire, President of Fanatica

One of the most critical jobs of the DP is to handle worker tasks. As usual, the demands of Fanatica far outstrip the ability of our workforce. Help to correct this would be appreciated! :)

Currently, we have 47 national work gangs, and 11 foreign 'volunteers' - 58 total work gangs. They are currently allocated as follows:

Esquiline - 4 workers
Capitoline - 14 workers
Aventine - 18 workers
Quirnial - 1 worker :(
5th Prov - 19 workers :(

As you can tell, I'm not too pleased about aspects of the allocation. I am distressed that a brand new province is getting significantly more effort than an existing province which borders on a nation that does not particularly like us.

As I see it, we have two major, national tasks for our workforce. First, improve the cities tasked to build wonders. Second, connect all cities to the Trans-Fanatica Railroad (TFRR). We have about 20 cities not hooked up to the rails yet, included New Jedina and Nar Shaddaa - two of our most populous cities!

Currently, only Gorina is producing a wonder, the Theory of Evolution which will complete in 2 turns. It will then start to build another wonder, as will Tyvek. Gorina is more than capable of outbuilding any rival city. To ensure that we get both the Dam and US, the faster Gorina can complete US, the greater our chances of getting both.

In addition, Peri, our General of the Armies, is clamoring for a rail system through Quirnial, allowing us to respond to any aggressive acts.

Finally, all Governors have a long list of priorities for their province.

To accomplish all of these tasks, I'm going to allocate certain numbers of workers to each task. At times, the needs of different groups will overlap. This is a Good Thing for me!

To improving the wonder cities, I am allocating 6 workers.

To the rail system, I am allocating 32 workers. Of that number, 15 shall work in Quirnial exclusively. 10 shall work to connect the remaining unconnected cities, and the other 4 will rail tiles that will give Fanatica maximum benefit (translation - improving low corruption, non-wonder cities).

Of the remaining 20 workers, I am allocating 4 to each province. These will work soley on tasks for that province according to the priority list given by the Govenors.

As more workers are produced, most will go to the provinces. As the major tasks complete, workers will be released to the provinces as well.

As you can tell, this won't be the easiest thing to track for me. If there is a citizen willing to help me with this, or several that will track one of the groups, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!

Wow, I will have to fully absorb this plan, although it looks good on the surface. :)

In the meantime, can you please direct your attention to this thread(Factory Switch NOW)? I am sending the same link to the Governors with the hope that there is still time to implement this.

Originally posted by Bootstoots
There is no chain of command, it's just an understood thing. Ravensfire tried to establish one but it failed one vote short of a constitutional amendment.

This is a democracy game. Only elected officials have the support of the populace. The first time a non-elected citizen is given the responsibility of running a turn chat, I am going to challenge it legally. The President is not in a position to 'share' power with his/her buddies. It simply doesn't work that way. If it did, you could secure votes by offering people a turn chat of their own.

If it fell one short of a constitutional amendment, then the CoC obviously has the support of most of the players.

I honestly don't care if this isn't in our law books. It is simply common sense.

Mr. President,

It has come to my attention that there is a power which may seek to challenge us in combat. In the last 10 years Germany has been re arming itself to the extent that it now exceeds us in strength. More alarmingly there are German forces to the north of our lands. My sources in Berlin have no further information for me at the moment. However they are not optimistic. We may be on the eve of war.

Regards

Perhaps we could devise a chain of command and pass it as a law rather than a constitutional amendment?

I don't think it needs to be so formal. Do a poll, get the current feelings of the populace. If the majority (hopefully a strong one) goes one way or another then dispensed DP duties should be okay.

Hehe. "Dispensed". Makes me think of Pez. Let's call 'em "Pez DPs". :)

The Chat Log is now available. Sorry for the delays.

Mr. President,

I understand we intend to create 2 new cities. I urge you to follow the procedure outlined in the Office of City Names when naming these cities. I believe that every opportunity to involve the citizens in the game should be utilized.

Thank you.

ANNOUNCEMENT!

After the chat on this Sunday (Sept. 14), the next chat will be on Saturday, Sept. 20th.

We've been going at a breackneck pace from the start of my term, and I feel it has caused some strains. This pause will allow everyone to take a deep breath and give people the time time to analyze the current situation.

During this pause, I would like for all Governors and Mayors to review the improvements in their lands, and the buildings within their cities. I would like for all Executive Branch members to review the goals of their office - I will be doing the same.

I am planning on conducting a "feedback" session on Wednesday night - an open, free-for-all discussion on progress we've made and the discussions that have been raised.

Thanks!

Main posts updated with results from today's turnchat.

A few citizens have asked about this. I'm using a cheat sheet, actually an Excel 2000 spreadsheet to organize the actions for each turn chat.

I've attached a link to in my turn chat schedule post.

Please let me know if you have any questions about it.

Thanks!

This is copied from the current turn chat instruction thread.
I believe I was pretty straightforward on my post in each Provincial thread. Just in case, I'm going to be even more blunt.

Governors, we have a large cash surplus right now. Please review your cities and look for cash-rush opportunities. This includes looking into the future. Please post these requests in the budget thread for approval by the Domestic Minister.

Only those rushes approved in the budget thread will be carried out. I will not be dealing with rush requests during the turn chat any more.

Please let me know of any concerns you might have about this policy here, or in a PM.

I see Germany has declared war. What is the status of our country? It is a shame that one still cannot find out what is going on unless on downloads the save and looks around for one's self. :(

President donsig! It's good to see you visiting here!

As you can tell, there were some redecorations done. My office is intended to be a guidepost to information, not a repository of everything. Through the links to the various offices and provinces, you can find the information you are looking for. To find information about each chat, simply click on the link to go to the instruction thread. Generally, the last post is my summary, but the instructions posted by each official is important to understand the turn.

If there is some information missing that you would like to see, please, don't hesitate to ask for it. Simply proclaiming something is missing doesn't help improve things.

Again, glad to see you posting.

Citizens of Fanatica,

It is with great pride that I pass the responsibilities of the office of President Bootstoots for the next term. I have the utmost confidence that he will continue the tradition of excellence that the holders of this office have always upheld.

Friends, we have done much in this past term. We have built Great Wonders, and smaller one. We have brought the benefits of the Railroad to all cities of Fanatica. The Industrial Age brought the benefits of increased production, education and medicine to all citizens of Fanatica.

We have made dramatic steps, given Fanatica the foundation to leap into the stars from! Throughout this term, I have gotten advice and assitance from many people, but none as valuable as Rik Meleet, Peri and Donovan Zoi. To those, I offer my sincere thanks in taking a citizen with dreams, and showing him how to accomplish those dreams.

The Governors during my term showed both wisdom and patience, allowing their goals to be accomplished as the needs of the nation permitted. Their trust in me helped smooth the inevitable bumps of a new President.

Citizens, I now leave the office of President in the hands of Bootstoots! Give him the help and knowledge you have given me, and Fanatica shall reach the stars!

-- Ravensfire, Citizen of Fanatica

edited because I posted in the wrong thread

Top Bottom