Thanks guys

I can't wait to hear all the cries of how OP Indonesia and Venice can be and how UP Morocco and Poland is, and all the gripes with trade route pillaging and World Congress! ;)

Such a Buccaneer comment

If nothing, at least I can be a consistent voice. :lol:

Pre-release hype and speculation has always been temporal but it's all of us playing the game and sharing our experiences are what can last for years and that's exciting.

I too would like to thank everyone here, for basically getting me back into the best computer game out there! I hadn't played Civ5 seriously in almost half a year, but I said one day "well why dont I check out what Civfanatics is up to?"
Then I found out about the expansion, and i got really into Civ again.
Even when my high hopes for Shawnee and civilization you create yourself as the final 3 were crushed, I had a great time debating and reading.

My interests were so renewed that I even created a let's Play! (please check it out and give feedback, it can be found on my channel http://www.youtube.com/user/miztigers55)

It's been great fun wondering and speculating with all of you, and I look forward to arguing with you about what the best strategies are next week!

CivFanatics was very fun, so relaxed and casual.

So much interesting discussions, though there have been a few who went too far. The mods have been doing a great job at keeping everything civil.

To me, CivFanatics is one of the best video gaming communities on the Internet. There are many things that I disagree with among the community, but we get along with each other very well, as I kept my cool and others did as well.

CivFanatics has been great since I joined! Very welcoming when I finally posted for the first time after lurking for a while. I loved having a place to go for the new info, videos and discussion about the game. It was also great that 2k had a real presence here with 2k Kate, and the frankenstein group and I know I saw Dennis posting a couple of times.

I'm glad you all like the site! Hopefully you'll stick around. The speculation might be over, but the game's at a perfect stage now for interactive Let's Plays/Stories/Succession Games, etc.

Man, I've loved this site ever since the anticipation surrounding the release of CivIII. Engaging with all the excitement & speculation here, before each launch, is at least *half* the fun for me :). Oh, & I fully expect loads of stories to be posted here when the game gets its US release!!!

Yeah, this site is great for the pre-release, and even pre-announcement fun. CivFanatics is a great forum.

I'm glad you all like the site! Hopefully you'll stick around. The speculation might be over, but the game's at a perfect stage now for interactive Let's Plays/Stories/Succession Games, etc.

ahem...and Strategies. ;)

I'll for sure be back, although I may have a small hiatus while I am busy actually playing BNW.

I also want to say 'Thank you!' to all of those CSI level Civers who investigated each and every screenshot, video, and statement to the highest extent. Because of your efforts with pausing at every second, zooming, enhancing, ZOOMING, ENHANCING, ZOOM, ENHAAAAAA- and picking apart each and every sentence with ridiculous debates about the semantics and grammar of them, we got even closer to thinking that hundreds of civs that were probably never even considered by the Devs might have been in the game. ;)

After BNW comes out I'll probably not come to these forums for a while. I'll be playing it a lot, with each civ at least once, no doubt. After that, though, I'll probably lurk in the Strategy forum and see what other people are doing with the game.

Best of luck with your Brave New World!

This thread is just one giant outpouring of community love, isn't it?

I joined when Vanilla was announced, it's been a great time since (as I'm sure you can tell!) Since we're all talking about post-BNW, the War Academy will need some help getting the articles up-to-speed with the new content, so you guys should have a think about joining in and helping us out (plus you get to work with awesome people like me MadDjinn!)

D'awww, what a lovely thread :)

I'll second everything that's been said. I first joined this forum to partake in the pre-G&K speculation and this time it's been even better! Never would I have even considered that Venice or the Shoshone might be added if it hadn't been for those theories ;)

In a way it's a shame the period of speculation and pre-release hype is coming to an end - it's almost as fun as playing the game for the first time!

In a way it's a shame the period of speculation and pre-release hype is coming to an end - it's almost as fun as playing the game for the first time!

Wait until Civ 6 is announced (Whenever that is) - you'll have a whole game to speculate on, won't be the perimeters set by previous versions of the game. Completely clean slate

Wait until Civ 6 is announced (Whenever that is) - you'll have a whole game to speculate on, won't be the perimeters set by previous versions of the game. Completely clean slate

I can't wait to see how much 'evidence' people on here will find for Canada, Australia, and Greenland being in the game. :lol:

*sings* Let your love flow, like a mountain stream. Let you're love flow through everything.....

Yep, I'm feeling the love in this thread. I joined back on Mar 28, 2004, back in the Civ 3 days. Since then this is pretty much the only site I visit for civ discussions. Occasionally I'll hit the 2k forums, but that's mostly just to look at patch notes.

I know I can get a little grumpy on here at times, especially after I've done horribly in a GotM game. However, I've enjoyed this community and the discussions a lot. So thanks everyone.

I can't wait to see how much 'evidence' people on here will find for Canada, Australia, and Greenland being in the game. :lol:

Nah, it'll be Civ 6: Bernard's Star or Civ 6: Wolf 359, because they don't have the license to make another Alpha Centauri.

Canada
UB - Hockey Rink: Stadium Replacement, 1 extra happiness.
UL (luxuries) - Maple Syrup and Canadian Bacon
UU - Mouty: Cavalry replacement, Combat bonus in snow, combat penalty in desert (they cant' take the heat).

Also, if America is just British Empire #2, then India is British Empire #3 and Canada is just British Empire #4 plus French Empire #x

Top Bottom