Thanxs firaxis for ruing a great game

I am not ranting but trying to make a point that the fall patch ruined the game and there need to be drastic changes again

So recently i tried civ 5 again and i immeditly stopped again it seems the new fall patch offically broken the game.

venice king continets map
i started next to pacotello and askia behind him and celts on the other side of the continent.
i was trying to stay peacefull so build the great library(national college) and a good army

I bribed aska to declare war on pacotello to get him bussy so pacotello my neighbour won't dow me .

I sold luxuries to pacotello for small prices a few turns later we had shared embacies and a decleration of friendship we where huge friends (a lot of positif modifiers)

after 50 turns we refreshed our decleration of friendship and signed
research agreement We have both a lot of trade routes with eachother

10 turns until the research agreement is ready have a lot of trade routes coming in from pocotello and good trades with him. He is still at war with askia

Guess what pacotello dows me :mad:

I olso had a decleration of friendship with spain a few turns later she ols backstabbed me and dowed me

If AI wit low decleration of war flavors will backstab you while you have DOF , trades , research agreements the game officaly is broken.

this game is completly broken .

Attachments

• Enrico Dandolo_0147 AD-0740.Civ5Save
    950.7 KB · Views: 55
I would do the same as Pocatello. Any friend with too much trade with me is also get too strong and rich, and only I can rule the world.

I would do the same as Pocatello. Any friend with too much trade with me is also get too strong and rich, and only I can rule the world.

you don't get it they bring out a new expansion for builders then its a huge mistake to make the AI back how it was in gods and king agressive douche which forces you to go miltaristic

there is basicly no way to stay peacefull with some leaders even with pacotello who has a low war decleration ratio

firaxis just can't find the balance either they make the AI to passive and know every single AI will dow you

But i don't have to convince you i just want to share my point of vieuw and to show firaxis that they lost a customer and maybe other people who agree

Dunno. I still see peaceful game after peaceful game (King and more recently, Emperor level).

Sure, I get backstabbed every now and then but by and large I can still get away with minimal military and be able to just tech/econ up to victory.

Dunno. I still see peaceful game after peaceful game (King and more recently, Emperor level).

Sure, I get backstabbed every now and then but by and large I can still get away with minimal military and be able to just tech/econ up to victory.

he signed a DOF and a research agreement and trade deals and he has massive trade routes to my city but still he dows me

sorry but that just seems wrong to me especialy if a leader as pacotello does it montezuma would do it different story

Maybe your military was weak?
Even if you want a peaceful game, you need to take care of your military.

And I wouldn't really call that 'broken', 'broken' means it's not (decently) playable.

Maybe your military was weak?
Even if you want a peaceful game, you need to take care of your military.

And I wouldn't really call that 'broken', 'broken' means it's not (decently) playable.

It isn't playable if you make a expansion for peacefull builders you should put option in it diplomatic option that prevent you're neighbours from dowing you except certain leaders ghenghis like in civ 4

wasn't that the purpose of the expansion oh wait ?

Nope. You've always needed to maintain your own military, despite playstyle, so you're not seen as an easy target.

I haven't opened your game but if I had to guess I would bet you had a small military number and looked highly vulnerable. The fact you had a wonderous capital makes you a big target in that situation. I know you had a DoF, but the AI still needs to be unpredictable or else the game could become stale.

You funded a 40+ turn war against the guy and you can't understand why he would declare war against you?

It's great you tried to placate him with generous gifts, trades, and research agreements, but at the end of the day, you're a snake in sheep's clothing....he found out....he didn't need you as much as you thought....and he declared war.

Next time, don't be fake.

(that's how I'd justify the mechanic)

You funded a 40+ turn war against the guy and you can't understand why he would declare war against you?

It's great you tried to placate him with generous gifts, trades, and research agreements, but at the end of the day, you're a snake in sheep's clothing....he found out....he didn't need you as much as you thought....and he declared war.

Next time, don't be fake.

(that's how I'd justify the mechanic)

AI can't know the deals you have with other AI's or else whats the point of bribing?

I don't have the Ancient Wonders of the World DLC so I can't see what kind of army you had.

All I know is even peaceful AI in a peaceful game will get fed up with a country that can't defend itself, by design, and through Civ V's patch history that's always been true to one extent or another. I guess an AI aggression level setting, separate from the main difficulty setting, would be nice.

It isn't playable if you make a expansion for peacefull builders you should put option in it diplomatic option that prevent you're neighbours from dowing you except certain leaders ghenghis like in civ 4
In Civ IV, if you were militarily weak then you were vulnerable. Being friends with a civ helped, but alliances could shift. Treaties didn't last as long as in Civ V. And sometimes all it took was the right price for a long time friend to switch loyalties.

The same was true in Civ III. You can't neglect your military and expect your friends to simply protect you. Sometimes they will turn on you.

Civ V is not broken. No one who is at or near the bottom of the military ranking is safe. This doesn't mean that you need to maintain a beefy military, but it does mean if you are near the bottom you should plan to defend yourself (or your trade routes.) You simply need to adjust your play style.

Edit: I am not sure if you use the InfoAddict mod, but one of its features is graphs which show the strengths of each civ, for a variety of variables. One of those variables is military strength. That one graph is invaluable to keeping track of who is stronger than you, and who is suddenly building up their military. It is useful for keeping an keeping an eye on your neighbors, and for making sure you are in the middle of the pack (and not near the bottom.)

sounds to me like a pretty decent geopolitical simulator.

in the real world treaties & friendships are easily broken if a leader decides it's in their best interest. The Soviet Union and Nazi Germany had a non-aggression pact, for example, but Hitler "backstabbed" Stalin anyway.

The game would be extremely unrealistic to not allow backstabbing. Not to mention, probably quite boring.

Pretty sure you neglected your armies. Civ is not a peaceful building game. That's what SimCity is for. hahahaha!

If you want to peaceful build you have to set it up to do so. The thing is your army must have been really weak to be attacked so soon by a civ that is not even considered to be a warmonger.

I think apocalypse105 would have less gripe with the events he describes, if only he had an imagination.

AI can't know the deals you have with other AI's or else whats the point of bribing?

Regardless of whether the AI registers the fact that you paid another civ to go to war against the guy, the fact is that YOU know that YOU did. So, can't you just imagine, for the sake of having fun with the game, that the guy found out?

If anything, the AI should have a 'information leak' mechanic in which case, occasionally, the fact that you funded a war against a civ would be leaked to the aggrieved civ.

Top Bottom