The 2014 NASCAR Thread

SouthernKing

crickety cricket
So the Daytona 500 is Sunday, and, uh...it felt like a good time to make this thread. If anyone else cares, that is :p

This was also one of the more chaotic silly seasons in recent memory. Moreso than anything else really, I'm particularly interested in the fact that this year we have a Cup rookie class of like 7 drivers, the first time we've had one this big - and this competent - since about 2007. Obviously Austin Dillon and Kyle Larson are the frontrunners in this group because they drive for teams people have actually heard of, but I really believe some of the others - Michael Annett and Parker Kligerman particularly - have a decent shot at winning ROTY, or if not, a decent points finish, this year.

I can't say I'm pleased with the rules changes that just took place; I felt the old system was working just fine. But meh, just wait and see I guess.

The Earnhardt Nation must be ecstatic.

Sad to not see Travis Pastrana back in Nationwide this year. Now I have to find a new reason to watch.

It's probably going to work a lot better when they aren't 3-wide and tightly packed.

It's just hard to read. I am sure I will get used to it, but it was a lot easier to following things with the old system.

Top Bottom