The 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia Thread

I'd say English. :D

Great match, and it's good to see that referees don't give a damn about Neymaring anymore...

Coach speaks English.
One French deputy coach, other one I don't know. Most players speak Dutch and French.

We have NINE players making goals. Crazy.

Also one of the reasons people say this coach works, he's neither Flemish nor Walloon. He's Spanish and speaks English, truly neutral.

Best match so far in the tournament :)

This referee was fed up with it and did not fall for his tricks. Exit rolling Neymar.

That’s funny you say that, I am seriously planning on going out and having Belgian waffles tonight to celebrate. :lol:

I told my friends at halftime about and posted to my twitter that that was my plan.

Antwerpen waffles with strawberries and whipped cream :)

My online friend from South America told me they actually had prepared a Carnival in Brazil because they had anticipated that they were going to win.

Maybe it sounds but I enjoy watching the arrogant bastards suffer.:lol:

One of the 6 European teams that are still in the race is going to be World Champion.

The Quarters have landed, and Stuff Happens. Because...

We have a lone leader. Yes ladies, gentlemen and CFC members, with nine points Uberfrog, whose only hiccup was believing Messi (and his Merry Men) would save the day, takes the lead and heads for victory. Hats off!

Hot on his heels, spoiling for a fight, carrying eight points, are caketastydelish, Ozbenno, Serutan, Sofista, ThERat and Turquoiside.

Just behind, gunning for revenge, the seven-points patrol of AdrienIer, BirraImperial and red_elk.

At six points, still fighting doggedly, are Rik Meleet, shadowplay and Snerk.

Behind, but determined to get some shots in, Ferocitus, raen and Takhisis with five points. Azale and Timsup2nothin seem to have retired.

So Brazil is out. Ah well, much as they expect it, it's not like they can win the gold every other edition, right? If the loss of one key player, Casemiro, is enough to send their midfield into chaos, they're lucky they reached this stage. Neymar was damn good IMHO, pity he could not finish often exactly because he had to regularly backtrack and help out the midfield/set up play. He couldn't have ben expected to help the defense also, and there was the trouble, as...
As as Hrothbern said, Belgium in the first half played flawless, beautiful football. Hazard was especially in form, Lukaku might have a hard time scoring but every time he moves he sends shockwaves through the back line; this said, I'd offer MVP name to the somewhat unsung Fellaini. The man you hardly notice, but whose energy, constant activity, perennial if not flashy contribution is to every team "the gift that keeps on giving". His ubiquitous quantity, and intermittent quality, allowed the Strike Team in red to keep their eyes on Allison's goal.

Last edited:
My brother lives in Brussels...They must be having quite a party going on right now...
Yes, I can just imagine them drinking Stella Artois and zooming
through the streets and squares in a Kongo line.
Sorry, my bad, Conga line.

Brazil, Germany, Italy, Argentina and Uruguay are the five teams that have won the WC more than once. This is the first time all of them are already out.
We used to have a "Rivaldo Award" thread for the best actor/cheater of the tournament. Since Neymar the winner is known before the tournament so why bother?
Oh, come on, third-best Ronaldo gave him a good run for his money in the group stages.
Oh, a football thread.
Tonight we play Brazil, our third quarter final ever and the last time we played a semi I was playing Space Invaders on my Atari.
You make me feel o… wait, no, you don't.
What language does the Belgian team communicate in?
Football?
Also one of the reasons people say this coach works, he's neither Flemish nor Walloon. He's Spanish and speaks English, truly neutral.
In Belgium people speak French, Dutch or German. So the only other two countries to have owned or occupied the Low Countries in modern history are, logically, the ones whose languages are used. :crazyeye:

Latest tally, I think?
Uruguay: 3 - France: 13
Brazil - Belgium
Brazil: 6 - Belgium: 10
Croatia - Russia
Croatia: 12 - Russia: 4
England - Sweden
England: 13 - Sweden: 3​

Here goes nothing. I'm still hoping for Croatia-Belgium as a final. It's the only way I can get to see Croatia play both England and Belgium.

France is also a very dangerous team. I still haven’t decided which of the two I will go with.

I don't want France to win, regardless of my personal desire for a Croatia-Belgium match, which I mentioned back during the groups tages, simply because of their little fix with Denmark. Denmark are already out, at least.

Top Bottom