The 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia Thread

No, they don't. They lost to Uruguay three-nil.

What extra day?

Correct, and correct.

@Sofista, I think I should have 10 points too as I got all 4 quaters correctly, means 6+4 points = 10

Prediction for the semis:
France - Belgium
Croatia
- England

Indeed you are at tem, I mistyped in Excel. Forgive me :(

France - Belgium (should be close but I think France has the better team)
Croatia - England (England has played better but my instincts tells me they'll stumble here)

France - Belgium
Croatia - England
No logical reason - I chose Japan before because my partner's name is Kitty
and I saw a photo of the Hello Kitty Shinkansen bullet train. :crazyeye:

I dunno man. Both Lukaku and Fellaini needs crank it up a notch if they want to win the lot.

I would prefer Boyota over Kompany buy coach Martinez is not taking my calls.

And Witsel: skjerp deg!

I have never seen Hazard play this well. Now I finally understand why everybody likes him so much.

Dunno against the French. But Croatia will be hard too and England has a great reputation. We're just happy we got this far.

If Belgia get's to the final they are clear favourites in my book. France is IMO easily the toughest nut left.

I’m taking France over Belgium. I am still deciding England vs Croatia.

Edit: after contemplating in the shower I’m going with England.

Last edited:
We have thousand year old issues to settle with England. But I doubt that a world cup final is going to help resolve everything.

Only 8 countries ever won after 20 World Cups. It's time to make it nine. Rooting for Belgium -Croatia final!

We have thousand year old issues to settle with England. But I doubt that a world cup final is going to help resolve everything.

Ummmm, about 1,000 years ago you beat them and settled there. :)

Sofista, it's ok. Just wanted to make sure I still have a shot at winning this :)

By the way, I tabulated the alternative scoring (1/8 = 1 pt, 1/4 = 2 pts, 1/2 = 4 pts, final = 8 pts) and the standing would be:

1. Uberfrog 15
2. caketastydelish, Ozbenno, ThERat 14
5. Serutan, Turquoiside, Birra 13
8. AdrienIer, Sofista 12
10. RikMeleet, shadowplay 11
12. red_elk, Snerk 10
14. Takhisis 9
15. raen 8
16. Ferocitus 6

There would be a potential 16 points to be awarded which throws the competition wide open, which makes it more exciting :)

FIFA may sanction Croatian player for shouting political slogans during the celebration:
Croatia’s Domagoj Vida could be disciplined by Fifa after being filmed saying “glory to Ukraine“ in the wake of his side’s quarter-final win over Russia.
The defender, who scored Croatia's second goal deep into extra time, recorded the footage with Croatian scout Ognjen Vukojevic during the side’s celebrations in Sochi.
In the video, posted on YouTube, Vida shouts out “glory to Ukraine” – a phrase that continues to be deployed by anti-Russian Ukrainian nationalists following the 2014 Maidan coup.
https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...independence-video-latest-watch-a8437146.html
*facepalm*
Correct, and correct.
I get one point for each, right? btw Brazil scored twice against Belgium so that's another point for me you're missing.
What sayest thou?
YOU KNAVE!
My half a semester of Dutch plus some conversations elsewhere on this website tell me that an answer more appropriate to the spirit of this thread is ‘je moeder’.

My half a semester of Dutch plus some conversations elsewhere on this website tell me that an answer more appropriate to the spirit of this thread is ‘je moeder’.

A duel it is then. We will meet at the break of dawn near the old oak tree. My weapon of choice is ...claw.

Also, why the Tartarus would you take Dutch as a language? And why did you quit?

Top Bottom