The 32 Player Warlords PTBS

Great_Scott

aka Cottus Arci
Would-be leaders of the world, you have a chance to compete on the grandest of scales in the Civ IV world. From the player that brought you Realpolitik, here comes his next grand vision for Civ IV multiplayer delights...

The 32 Player Warlords PTBS

How is this possible?
Simple. There is a mod available already that allows the maximum amount of players to be higher than the Vanilla Civ IV 18 player limit, thanks to Modding guru Dale.

What would I need to be eligible to play?
Just the Mod as explained above and I good, high-end machine. I currently run with a P4 2.4, 1 Gig RAM with a 128MB Graphics Card (which isn't spectacular). If you can match that (especially RAM) or better, then you'll have no worries.

When will the game start?
As soon as we have 32 players ready to go. We also need a host!!! As I already another game. This game should fill up pretty quickly and I've posted on StrateGamer, which should ensure the numbers fill up within days.
Get on board and take part in this maiden flight of epic proportions!

Game Settings

Map Size: Huge
Map Type: Continents
Goody Huts: Yes (11), No (5)
Resources: Standard
Barbarians: On
City Flipping After Conquest: On
Tech Trading: On (5), Off (13)
Require Complete Kill: On
Victory Conditions: All
Tech/Game Speed: 100%/Normal
Simultaneous Turns: On
Take Over AI: On (hopefully if a player quits another can step in)
Turn Timer: 20 Hours (equates to about 24 hours real-time)

Game Rules
1. Any form of in-game alliance is allowed from the beginning of the game (ie Alliances & Defensive Pacts).
2. In war-time, players must evenly share turns and conduct moves in order, so that no unit move is moved twice before the opponent has a chance to react.
3. Screenshots/Paper: Still being contended and a very close vote at that.
4. When logging in, ensure you exit to the main menu and NOT directly to desktop (this includes pressing the X button in windowed mode) as this closes your connection to the game (and creates no problems)!

If anyone can think of any more, let me know.

Player List
Host: OverloadUT
1. IglooDude (Julius Caesar)
2. Dandridge (Gandhi)
3. Magzi (Qin Shi Huang)
4. azzaman333 (Kublai Khan)
5. CB Droege (Genghis Khan)
6. Mitiu Ioan (Augustus Caesar)
7. Corossol (Stalin)
8. IanDC (Catherine)
9. Wing Wah (Bismarck)
10.Fosse (Churchill)
11. swiss1 (Elizabeth)
12. Studlybob23 (Louis XIV)
13. NYURDRMS (Frederick)
14. plattfuss (Napoleon)
15. Xerol (Mao Zedong)
16. Emperor (Asoka)
17. Thalatta (Tokugawa)
18. agemo (George Washington)
19. Spike (Cyrus)
20. JMaltman (Hannibal) (On holiday until 03/10)
21. facehugger (Montezuma)
22. TELawrence (Wang Kon)
23. Obey (Isabella)
24. White Elk (Brennus)
25. Matrix (Saladin)
26. Great Scott (Shaka)
27. OverloadUT (Mansa Musa)
28. pixiejmcc (Huayna Capac)
29. Madiba (Ragnar)
30. se7en (Mehmed II)
31. HitAnyKey (Ramesses II)
32. EBD (Alexander)

I might be willing to host this, for science. Consider me a last resort if no one is willing who is actually playing. :)

Also, I hate you. Now I have to make CivStats support 32 players! Thanks a lot! :lol:

This sounds so incredibly awesome if it works, that I have to be in (even if my laptop struggles to handle it!)

So..... can I take Augustus Caesar?

32 players? :eek:

This is enough to draw me out of my self-imposed restraints. Please count me in, with Ragnar if we're choosing first-come first-serve.

I'd like to be in here as well. :) Except when this is going to be played on yet another balanced/pangaea map. :sad:

Map will be most likely be a terra map... the thing is, on a huge terra map, the player starting locations will be pretty close to each other, since it has to take into account space for the new world.

As this game is also being discussed @ StrateGamer... I mentioned there that we may enlargen the map slightly... but again this may put additional strain of performance.

Ok. Continents would be nice. :D Why not even play archipelago for a change? ;) Then you get a whole layered diplomatic 'system': civs on the same continent (or not), civs neighbouring your continent and civs far away.

I think archipelago would be a little too fragmented. We want organised chaos in our diplomacy... and i think continents are perfect for that. Welcome aboard IanDC, 15 places left!

Top Bottom