The Age of Navalism, 1890-1918

Thanks Ozy always around just busy busy at least I got work. Holidays coming soon and need to get the X-mas unit pack ready for posting.

... Well, thanks to you, I have a bit of "stocking stuffing" to do as well ;)

Delta, one more time a big thank you very much for all your great units! :woohoo:

Delta_Strife, one more time a big thank you very much for all your fantastic work !! :bounce::clap:

Delta, I would also have a wish about a pre-WW1 ship. I am strongly reflecting about a successor of El Justo´s famous scenario AOI, based on modified RARR techtrees and techtrees I had developed for the WW 2 scenario SOE many years ago. The project is named "Colonial Conquest" and covers the time from about 1900 -1980 in era 2-4. I am not sure if I add an era 1 for the time 1885-1900 or may be 1500 - 1900.
Spoiler :
Here is an early concept for the era 2 techtree of the Colonial Conquest scenario (a photomontage with still many wrong images in it):

I also want to do a fix for AOI, including some of the ships you have created in the meantime. In AOI, many years ago, I had to add for the, not for Civ 3 available German coastal defense ships of the Siegfried- and Odin-class, pre-dreadnoughts of the Brandenburg-class, what leads to a shameless overpowering of the German Navy of that time. These coastal defense ships had an unusual, but not very clever, arrangement for their large guns. Two of the guns were mounted in a pair of MPL C/88 barbettes forward side-by-side, while the third was mounted in a single barbette aft. Is it possible to create such a ship ?

Last edited:
Hmm that is an exciting project lets see I have no models but I do have plans for the Siegfried Class. So the only issue is I would have to build it from scratch.

Attachments

• Front.png
    Front.png
    7 MB · Views: 17
  • Side.png
    Side.png
    9.7 MB · Views: 18
  • top.png
    top.png
    6.4 MB · Views: 17
So the only issue is I would have to build it from scratch.
But this is an important issue. May be I take one of your great Scandinavian coastal defense ships as substitute for those ships (so they don´t have the unusual barbettes forward side-by-side). :think:

I'm late to the party, again, but I just want to say I love your turret farms Satsuma and Ise! I've always been fascinated by the dead-end semi-dreadnoughts like Satsuma with their mixed heavy batteries, and Ise is such a looker with her three pairs of superfiring turrets! Beautifully rendered, Delta, I truly love them!

Top Bottom