The AI don't cheat!

Originally posted by TheNiceOne
Le Petit Prince, I agree that you should be able to choose between a nice request and an ultimatum, even the first turn a settler enters your territory.

Simply declare war against the trespassers. The AI (according to your brilliant analysis) plays by the same rules, so your Settlers can trespass on their territory, too.

But it should (IMO) be possible to secure your own borders without having to declare war, and let the opponent have to declare war if it wants to continue to use your territory.

Not that I think this is much of a problem. If I need to stop an enemy settler and I'm not ready for war, I delegate three warriors to stop it. Three units can easily block a settler by peaceful means. Works outside your borders too.

Here's how I solved the problem.
I created a mapless scenario. then changed 2 units to be civ specific for whatever my favorite civ to play with is.

1) the chariot. normaly a usless unit. I altered it to be 4/4/4 blitz with hidden nationality. whenever a ground unit enters my territory... siccem dogs. :)

2) The privateer. changed to civ specific, 6/6/6 blitz with a bombard of 12 and 3 square reach. park one in each coastal city. come within my coastal borders and BOOM!

Furthermore, you can repeat this process with any mod.

It's kinda fun too, cuz you can get free workers by raiding civs or when the haplessly bring settlers into your borders. You can also create great leaders if the sneaky ground units are successful enough times.
For ome reason though, the AI always knows whose units did them in. even if they don't declare war on you, they're opinion changes to the worse with each attack.

Top Bottom