The AI Thread

Midjourney works as a bot in discord, so you need to install discord and subscribe to Midjourney channel. Then you have to pay a monthly fee. Not free generation in Midjourney anymore afaik. Generation is done asking the bot in the chat to generate an image using /imagine [prompt].

Even if closely followed by Stable Diffusion custom models, quality wise Midjourney continues being the best, at least for basic text to image work. For advanced users the only reasonable choice is Stable Diffusion through Automic1111 or ComfyUI, that way you can control everything, all kind of add-ons, models, workflows, etc, inpaint, outpaint, even video generation in several ways, anything... All locally ran, and therefore uncensored and for free, the possibilities are infinite. Only issue is you need a good graphic card and to learn a couple of things.

For image generation from text for free and without complications there is always the possibility of using Dall-E trough Bing or Copilot. Unlimited generations free of charge, with very high quality but limited to 1024x1024, jpg, and intensely censored. It will always generate 4 images to choose.

A volcano according to Bing:
View attachment 689698View attachment 689699View attachment 689700View attachment 689701
I didn't understand it all but here's how my brain interpreted it: "Midjourney is the best but using it is a pain in the arse therefore you should go for Bing using Dall-E engine".

For now it seems to work great thanks. :)

I didn't understand it all but here's how my brain interpreted it: "Midjourney is the best but using it is a pain in the arse therefore you should go for Bing using Dall-E engine".

For now it seems to work great thanks. :)
Midjourney has the highest quality, it is easy to use but it is limited in scope and expensive. Stable Diffusion is unlimited in scope, quality wise it depends on user knowledge, it is free to use but it is complicated and you need a powerful pc. Bing is the easiest to use, it is free and it has good quality, but it is very limited.

So, yep, according to your previous post Bing seems the best option for you.

The discord method is confusing af. I've tried a couple times over the past year.

Discord itself is a huge pain. I get alerts someone @'d me and it won't take me to the post.

I use discord occasionally, works fine for me as far as I can say. Long time since i used Midjourney though (it was still free back then). Now it is like $20 a month minimum, $120 if you wanna generate at acceptable speed and such. Doesn't worth it, much less when we can use Dall•E 3 for free just for asking Bing.

Top Bottom