The Ancient Mediterranean MOD (TAM)

Use the same editor, open file, search for .biq file. Presto pronto!
If the installation's working all right you should just be able to open .biq files from Explorer.

thanks; some of the files had little "locks" on them, but they opened just fine.

That the Firaxis editor will do. Take a look at the editors by Steph and Quintillus. Both add some functionality missing from the standard editor. They differ from each other as well. Steph's has been in development longer - for whatever that's worth. Quintillus' has the advantage of being cross-platform.

Here is the location of the standard civIII editor with some of the features unlocked. A.k.a. the hacked editor.

Thanks very much guys.

I'm surprised I didn't find it mentioned anywhere in this thread of many years, but surely others have encountered the weird behavior of the Goth spearmen accompanying the Goth settlers, who will stupidly go to war with you, hopelessly attacking a unit or even a city that might be in the way of where they want to go (or wanted to settle, but you got there first). Or they will take one of your workers on a mountain space where they happen to want to go, even though the spearman cannot enter the mountain space unlike the settler.

I think having a settler which is like a unit, which has to be killed and gives no workers when captured, which can enter terrain its accompanying unit cannot, is making for some very weird bugs in behavior. I have been playing a very frustrating game where the Goths are my next door neighbors, and though we are on excellent terms, if one of my units happens to be somewhere a settler might want to go, they go to war with me. I think this is a bug that should have been noticed and remedied long ago, because it is plainly irrational. It is vexing to try to predict and tiptoe around this weirdness in order to keep an AI from randomly going to war with me for reasons not based at all on any other normal factor.

Whenever I get to somewhere between my 11th and 15th cities I crash to windows, no matter what civ Im playing as.... any help for this strange problem ???

Could you provide a more detailed report, including a transcript or screengrab of any error message or messages?

I'm still subscribed to this thread!! Back from the dead. Did you know that it is now 15 years old? :)

IM sorry takh im currently playing a game as rome to see where the error is exactly I will most again later with more details

You could post a save file one turn before such a crash, so we can have a look on it.

here is me with 11 cities, just started the second era

Attachments

• IMG_0002.JPG
    IMG_0002.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 272
here is me attempting to build my twelfth city, doest matter what civ I play I cant build 12 cities

Attachments

• IMG_0003.JPG
    IMG_0003.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 277
Nintendohomie, thanks for your screenshot, but needed is a save file from the turn, when you received the settler for your 12th city so I can load this save file and test if I have that crash too and to check the settings of that game. It also would be helpful to post, what biq of TAM 2.6 you were playing (TAM 2.6 Mediterranean Large,TAM 2.6 The Ancient Mediterranean, TAM 2.6 Fertile Crescent, TAM 2.6 Mediterranean Large No Barbs, TAM 2.6 Mediterranean Large No Wolves) so I can have an additional look at that biq.

Top Bottom