The Black Tower

Kael

Deity
Use this thread to post feedback on the Black Tower scenario.

This is one of our massive scenarios, it is intended to be long and tough. Let me know what you think.

The nationality of my cities seems to randomly switch. when I tried to found my third city as hippus it instead made the city lanun and my lanun capital hippus. Also, there seems to be little point to making a city bannor since they have no unique buildings or units.

I just started a game and haven't gotten very far. I chose Lanun for my first city, Bannor for my second, and Hippus for my third. The second one turned Bannor but when I tried to make the third one Hippus the Capita turned Hippus instead.

Could you stop automated units that cannot heal from waiting around and trying to heal?

I have this very same issue issue with the city nationality. Everytime i found a new city now, the chosen nationality gets implemented in my capital. In the attached save, there is a settler ready to found, just plant him and choose bannor or hippus. Hope you can solve this, because i want my later cities (esp inland ones to be non-Lanun, but all my coastal should be for the unique harbor.
Btw, is there a way to heal units in the end, or is the high priest spell the only way around, because this is a very severe penalty?!

Attachments

• Falamar_Tolerant_t0146.CivBeyondSwordSave
    119.3 KB · Views: 264
The problems with cities switching to the correct civ will be fixed in the next patch.

Also civs under a specific leadership get the advantages of civ specific traits (for that civ) as well. So bannor melee units will start with guardsman, hippus mounted units will start with horselord, etc.

I defeated Terbryn (using WB, just to get the trophy), but it didn't acknowledge it.

Defeating Tebryn using Worldbuilder directly? That's shameful. Why couldn't you just be like me and wait for Auric to ascend to godhood and show up personally to destroy those who sought to destroy his new domain? :p

Defeating Tebryn using Worldbuilder directly? That's shameful. Why couldn't you just be like me and wait for Auric to ascend to godhood and show up personally to destroy those who sought to destroy his new domain?

Shameful? At least I didn't use AA at all. Besides, I didn't win, so I guess cheaters never prosper?

Btw, is there a way to heal units in the end, or is the high priest spell the only way around, because this is a very severe penalty?!

There is actually another, easier way around. Build all cities as Luchuirp and use the repair spell to heal all your golems...

Yeah, but that requires getting an event in the Momus that I have yet to see.

I was disappointed to find the absence of Vaghan of Lugus from this scenario. Based on Abashi's pedia entry I was expecting him to be leading an Empyrean expidition, perhaps as Falamar's ally. For the unit himself, I pictured a uniquely named Paladin of the Empyrean religion with Sun II and Life II, plus probably Divine, Channeling II, and maybe initially Crown of Brillance. (Why is Brilliance misspelled in this promotion's name?)

Now that I think if it though, since Abashi is already awake at the beginning it might be more appropriate to instead have references to him and his expedition of holy warriors failing before Falamar got there. Perhaps the vision in the pool of tears should be specifically referenced in this scenario as how they found out about the perils of the dead lands. You could change it so that Condatis instead of just telling Falamar what to do lead him to the Pool of Tears and that he was the one who received this vision. Alternately, you could just have the player stumble across the remains of this failed attempt to stop Tebyrn. It would be an especially dark twist to find a man as holy as Vaghan of Lugus now among Tebryn's undead minions whom you must defeat.

Yeah i wanted to do it, but cant pick Luchiurp. Thing is they got diogpiled first in the momus, so no alliance there...

Magister- Beeri's offer in the Momus scenario triggers when you, Perp, and him are the last 3 remaining civs.

I couldn't build any Svartalfar city's, After beating The Splintered Court scenario as the Svartalfar. Haven't done the Ljosalfar yet.

A lot of fun. However, while I like the idea of no unit healing, it has some problems. A new player might not know all the different ways to get around this (high priest heal spells, golem repair spells, summons, undead units, and maybe other ways like the cannibilize promotion) and it could be confusing. It limits the players options to one of the above plans. Also, since ships could heal, and only my ships were getting damaged for a long time, I totally forgot about the no healing rule, and initialy thought it was a bug.

For my game I went Octopus Overlords, and built cultists and stygian guards (not sure on spelling). Healing wasn't a problem since the guards are undead and had march as well, and I crushed every city by the water with cultists with minimal loses.

Also, I didn't see any of my units that died turned into skelitons. Can the enemy promote them up to some other unit? Or do the skelitons not appear if you fight them on water, or with undead units?

But all in all, this was one of my favorite scenarios, right after the retrieving barnaxus one.

I'm not sure if this is just me, but I've found reload/loading save games in this scenario takes really really long, compared to other scenarios. Is it because it's much bigger, and more stuff going on in this scenario or something on my end?

It seemed to load decently well until I discover the Sheaim civs.

I would say OO is probably best for this scenario, as it seems demonic units don't get raised by the Sheiam

By the way, can you build other civs heros? It would be very useful if you could...

Magadine's Hire Unit spell sends the unit to a different city than the one he's in during this scenario.

Yes, and the units also appear as the UUs of the civ whose nationality said city has. I had a couple Longbowmen appear as Gargoyles on a different continent. The city where they appear seems random.

Thanks guys, I'll fix magnadine in the next patch.

Top Bottom