The Bloody Business Preview Thread

Someone pick GB. No one has picked GB.

Never happy.

USA.
France.
Russia.
Italy.

Just a suggestion, but maybe you should adjust for economic effectiveness and economic capacity? The first because it will look ridicolous if the Five Year Plan actually works, and the second because it will look ridicolous if, say, Ethopia can secure a loan or two then surpass the United States.

EDIT: To give another example, it should be very difficult for Italy to surpsass the U.S economically if we're being realistic.

Acknowledged, there are still quite a few things to work out regarding the stats, how they function, and especially the stats of relatively minor nations like Ethiopia. However, if the American player knows what he's doing, he won't have any trouble keeping above Ethiopia. Similarly, I would hope the Italian player would ensure that Ethiopia doesn't survive through to 1937.

As per what I said in AIM, PM and in the preview thread.

1. The Soviet Union
2. Hu'mericca
3. The Third Reich
4. Great Britain
5. Brazil
6. Australia
7. Turkey
8. Arabia
9. Sweden
10. Norway
11. Ethiopia
12. Portugal
13. The Netherlands
14. Argentina
15. France
127. Japan

If the NES starts at 1936, the Abdication Crisis hasn't started yet, so the Monarch should be Edward VIII. However, depending on how long turns are, it should happen within the first few turns, if not at the start,

Also, New Found Land should still be british, and Japan shouldnt have that much land in northern china.

While we're on that subject, the United States definitely did not have seven hundred tanks in 1936. And I'm pretty sure that it couldn't rustle up twenty divisions. The Air Force also strikes me as obscenely large. And if you're going to draw the distinction between head of state and head of government, the Third Republic's ridiculous Semi-Presidential system qualifies.

What timeframe are you intending the turns to be?

1. UK
2. USA
3. Brazil
4. Turkey
5. Argentina

Newfoundland is British, unless you mean Newfoundland Island, the status of jurisdiction for I'm not very clear on. Turns are a year each.

The USA should have eco more like 10-12 honestly.

EDIT - And like Shadowbound said a smaller military.

While we're on that subject, the United States definitely did not have seven hundred tanks in 1936. And I'm pretty sure that it couldn't rustle up twenty divisions. The Air Force also strikes me as obscenely large. And if you're going to draw the distinction between head of state and head of government, the Third Republic's ridiculous Semi-Presidential system qualifies.

What timeframe are you intending the turns to be?

I brought this up in AIM with LoE too. The US army was very backwards in the years leading up to the war. In 1940 our army had only begun converted some of the horse based cavalry units into mechanized units.

After WWI the US heavily under funded the military up until the start of WWII.

Also a thought, rather than a stat, nations military quality should be something the mod writes down. Something you have to ask about and LoE would answer to the level your nation would know.

Newfoundland is British, unless you mean Newfoundland Island, the status of jurisdiction for I'm not very clear on. Turns are a year each.

Once you get to the war you are going to want to shrink turn times majorly, possibly down to a month.

Reservations confirmed in the front post. Here's where I encourage players who didn't get a Great Power to look into playing secondary powers like Belgium, the Netherlands, Portugal, etc, or "unimportant" nations like Denmark and Sweden. There's plenty of opportunity for upward mobility.

Right then. I guess for me it will be Luxembourg. Can I get their stats?

Right then. I guess for me it will be Luxembourg. Can I get their stats?

Luxembourg's yours if you want it, but I can't guarantee you'll have much if any of a major role in... Well, about anything. A country that would guarantee more involvement/more things to do might be more interesting.

Top Bottom