The City States of Greece

15 turns is acceptable to me, as to the age thing that is no problem and once you've finished the update (and answered a certain question :p) I will respond with all the necessary things.

Well, I'll join the military, 'tis boring not doing anything ;)

15 turns may be a bit short on this speed setting, but go with whatever you feel comfortable. I'll hold off on any orders until everything is updated.

Well, we are at war at the present, so perhaps the turns can become more lengthy once the Hellenic Civilisation is at peace once more.

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to officially drop out of this one.

School and overreaching on RP games on forums has me without any real time for this. Unless you want to have an "on hold indefinitely" list, then I'm out.

Good luck to all who remain!

The main problem is that your characters age one year for every turn, anymore and you will barley have to time to play each character.

Excellent point, still not entirely out of the GaP mindset and when I attempted to GM I was going for 10 turn updates on Quick.

Hmm, well maybe we could change it to 1 year for every two turns. We could get through 30 turns for the same amount of aging.

I would keep it at 15 turns for now, and then once a more pacific existence is upon us then perhaps we could decide whether or not to expand the turns to 30 (and make the corresponding year counting changes)

ooc: sent my personal orders, now for the first speech :p, Also I urge Filli Noctus to open the way to the koreans, the faster we can get our mighty host to Japan to pre-emptively strike them, the better.

---

Speech

-

Hail General Wu Long, I Archon Agamemnon II, grandson of the long-lived Archon Pericles and son of the late Solon of blessed memory bid you welcome to Athens. Through your presence the bonds of friendship that bind Korea and Athens deepen further as we stand together united against our mutual foe. I offer you the hospitality of Athens for your stay here, and hope you feel welcome while the necessary agreements with Delphi are worked out.

Now to the people of Athens. This day is glad and happy, for although we are at war, we stand together in friendship with our allies against the dark enemy in the north. I have heard your grumblings in regards to the war tax yes, I am not deaf to your problems. But I can assure you that although the vital usage of the tax is not yet apparent, it is of vital importance in the war effort and is already having repercussions in our favour.

For this day as our friends from Seoul have arrived, so too has welcome news arrived from our brave men in Poland, who report that the hated Japanese governor of the region, oppressor of our cultural brothers, tyrannical beyond measure, has been slain by those he so grievously oppressed, supported by the funds you bear in the war tax. Further actions to support the liberation of poland, and perhaps also to fund the expenses of our armies will be greatly helped with the war tax, especially as I have already ordered a second division to be trained (train hoplite), to ensure Athens rightful place as the greatest power in the east, and to make sure that any japanese levy will break on athenian phalanxes like water on stone.

Thus my people I ask you to bear the burden, bear this yoke and tribulation. For in the end, with the gods on our side, we shall have the victory, and all the world shall rejoice at our triumph!

and on a final matter to the nobility. My three brothers Daedalus, Solon and Sejong will as sons of the Megakyrioi be requiring suitable wives upon their majority. If any amongst the noble houses has daughters, I am willing to hear your families proposals.

-

:construction orders

finish farm > plantation on the nearest wines > farm on wheat (we are at neutral happiness, we will require those wines to be hooked up)

:war orders

to be submitted via pm once the relevant information regarding Delphic arrangements with the koreans and military levy strength is known.

:Land Grants

The sheep fields in the desert of hermes shalt be granted to Anaxagoras Plousios, heir of Gennadios Plousios. (ooc: another AI noble *sigh* curse you Magnive for leaving AFTER I made you a higher lord [oh and Dot, if you wiped that house out after magnive left, let me know, I was considering divying the land out to minor lords if the plousioi ceased to exist with Magnive])

---

OOC: are the images you have in the update up to date? furthermore if they are not, what is athens building and what is our status in regards to social policies and the like.

ooc: sent my personal orders, now for the first speech :p, Also I urge Filli Noctus to open the way to the koreans, the faster we can get our mighty host to Japan to pre-emptively strike them, the better.

ooc: Already taken care of.

IC:

The Polikyrios lazily flicked through the reports. The war with Japan was more or less a phoney war at this stage so there was nothing of great interest. Raiders, minor discontent, Koreans. Hmmm. His interest piqued he went back to the report from Athens, apparently a contingent of Korean soldiers had arrived and were seeking permission to operate in Delphic territory. He scribbled down a response and called a slave over to let the people know he would be making a public appearance.

"People of Delphi I have received news from Athens. The Korean people have joined us in our struggle against the villainous Japanese. A Korean unit will soon be arriving in the city to assist in the war effort and in gratitude I have granted the soldiers the status of honorary citizens of Delphi. I also intend for all Korean citizens to be seen as metics instead of foreigners under our laws and as this should be a gift of all Delphi I am instructing the Ekklesia to vote on this at their next meeting.

Our city is great, our warriors strong. With our Athenian and Korean allies we shall crush the barbarians down-river."

MILITARY ORDERS

-

I have recieved word that the Ruler of Delphi has made arrangements to grant the Koreans passage through his domain.

As such I order the First Hoplite Division of Athens to march post-haste to Delphi as soon as preparations are completed and there group together with the delphic levy, and the First Archer Division of Athens in preparation for combat with the Army of Japan. General Wu-Long, whom my uncle the Emperor Chin graciously sent with his division shall join them in the journey.

I am certain that both Athenian and Korean forces shall bring honour to their nations and too their Lords, and win victory in the field of battle

Furthermore, I would like to inform my people that I am considering a levy in the hopes of bringing a quick end to the conflict. I will be studying the matter further and making a final determination once I have analysed all the information available to me. If my nobles wish to express their opinions on the matter, or provide information on the popular opinion in their lands they are free to do so as always.

-

~ Archon Agamemnon II

They should.be up to date. Though i am unsure about the Social Policy Tree. I may have forgot to take a new screenshot showing the adoption of Oligarchy.

As an insignificant unborn sperm cell, might I suggest that maybe you guys settle a new city?

ooc: technically you now have the option of not being an insignificant unborn sperm cell if you so happened to desire to join the military. Oh, and if you want you can make the suggestion, although I don't think we will be settling again until we counter our impending happiness issues.

our warriors are strong

on this little quote from Filli Noctus, I would like to clarify that by "our" armies, he means my armies are strong :p

One full strength levy and one 90% strength levy can be considered strong even if dot hasn't included them in the screenshot.

ooc: pfft, almost half of your levies are from my land ;), not to mention armed peasants don't precisely match a trained phalanx of hoplites.

-

IC: I would like to announce that a marraige has been arranged between myself and Ismene Demandros. It is the hope of Houses Megakyrios and Demandros that this union will bring the cities of Delphi and Athens closer together.

ooc: They're still my people and I don't see those hoplites at the front line yet. What are they waiting for, 1941? :p

IC: The union of the Megakyrioi and the Demandroi will bring the preeminent Hellenic families closer together and the two greater polities shall follow. With all Greece standing as one the barbarians shall tremble at our might.

Update should tentatively come late tomorrow night. Just have to finish finalizing some actions, and get some stuff written for the various NPC councils.

Top Bottom