The Classical Antiquity Mod (2 scenarios)

Er, odd problem here. Whenever I start the Biblical World scenario, the game always says "You have been defeated!!!" before I can even start the game...

Argh, downloaded the patch and it STILL slaps me in the face and says I have been defeated before I can do a thing! ARGH, WHY DOES YOUR SCENARIO HATE ME SO? HAVE MERCY!

how come when i go to download the mod the file is not recognised by windows
do i have to download another program first?
I have been having same problem trying to use other scenarios

hey.. this scenario/mod seems spectacular.. except i'm not exactly sure how to play it..
help?

Hey seem to be having same problem with starting scenario. As soon as it loads it says "ive been defeated." Any feedback would be great thank you. I have bts 3.17.

Dear Lokolus, sorry to disappoint, but your Biblical World scenario map is very different from the actual history.

In your scenario you are showing the kingdom of Israel roughly as powerful as Egypt, whereas in reality Israel around 1000bc only had the population of approximately 80,000 people, compared to 1,200,000 in Egypt and hundreds of thousands in the Phoenician and Philistine city states.

King David, if he ever existed in reality (which has not been sufficiently proven), was not the king of a powerful United Kingdom, but a warlord of a tiny area called Judah, populated by 15,000 people. Jerusalem was not a shiny capital, but a small settlement of up to 1,000 inhabitants.

Neither David nor any other representative of the Davidian dynasty had ever controlled any part of the kingdom of Israel. In reality Israel was an independent Canaanite state ruled by the Omride dynasty, whose main gods were Baal and Asherah, not Yahweh. It's amazing that you're not even showing Samaria/Shomron, the actual capital of Israel, on your map.

The United Kingdom of Judah and Israel had never existed in reality. It is a biblical myth. To learn more, you might be interested to check The Bible Unearthed,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bible_Unearthed

Need some help...I downloaded this mod and it didn't show up in the "Load A Mod" list. Instead, even in normal games, the religions are changed. How do I change them back? Thanks.

Hello all!
I download this two mods and they are just great!
Onlly the biblical wordl doesn't working, I don't know why.

p.s: I am new on this forum, and it is great to see, how many peoples play my favourite game :)

Have a nice day!

Dear Lokolus, sorry to disappoint, but your Biblical World scenario map is very different from the actual history.

In your scenario you are showing the kingdom of Israel roughly as powerful as Egypt, whereas in reality Israel around 1000bc only had the population of approximately 80,000 people, compared to 1,200,000 in Egypt and hundreds of thousands in the Phoenician and Philistine city states.

King David, if he ever existed in reality (which has not been sufficiently proven), was not the king of a powerful United Kingdom, but a warlord of a tiny area called Judah, populated by 15,000 people. Jerusalem was not a shiny capital, but a small settlement of up to 1,000 inhabitants.

Neither David nor any other representative of the Davidian dynasty had ever controlled any part of the kingdom of Israel. In reality Israel was an independent Canaanite state ruled by the Omride dynasty, whose main gods were Baal and Asherah, not Yahweh. It's amazing that you're not even showing Samaria/Shomron, the actual capital of Israel, on your map.

The United Kingdom of Judah and Israel had never existed in reality. It is a biblical myth. To learn more, you might be interested to check The Bible Unearthed,

I realize this post is about three years old, but I thought that I should add that (1) the history the person quoted above presented is not entirely accurate either (we actually don't know what the "facts" are, because we don't have evidence to credit or discredit a theory entirely) (2) whether or not Yaweh (actually, the person above means to say "El" in the context of his discussion) was worshipped is totally irrelevant to what this scenario is about; (3) the kingdom was very briefly united, and even if it was not, that would not make for interesting gameplay (4) I believe we must be very careful in creating scenarios that "mimic" reality, because we cannot truly do that. For example, if we tried to recreate the Persian empire on this game, it would not work. Pure and simple. Read about the amazing advances and the lightning fast conquering pace that the Persians employed, and you'll see why Persia, as it is in the game, could never be what it was in reality.

Nice scenario, although I would get rid of the desert (replace with plain/desert mixture, so that cities can survive there to mimic history) and I would also not have so many cities crammed in one place (again, although accurate, it does not enhance gameplay, IMO).

Good evening Daning! you should get a reward for making me write a post after several months:). as 7thfloordown mentioned, in ancient history we don't have facts, history itself is quite a controversial thing, because our sources are based on archeology and written records each individual can interpret it as he thinks. you gave me a link that proves you right, just for the fun I'll give you one that proves you wrong: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hebrew_Bible I think you allready heard about it, am I right:mischief:? you can believe it or not, it's your choice I don't know if I really believe in it, but I don't really know if I believe your link either;). as this scenario is called "The Biblical World" you may guess it's about that thing... how do you call it... the Bible?! now, that you understand (I hope) that this scenaio is a Biblical prespective of the Iron age middle east, you can also understand why the kings and kingdoms are placed this way, this is how the bible details them. and now we are talking about gameplay and not about history: Samaria (yes, it's called Shomron in Hebrew) can't be in because it will be too close to Jerusalem gameplay wise, I won't replace Jerusalem because in the Bible (yes, we are still messing with this old thing) Jerusalem is the capital, end of story. King David? same story. the United Monarchy of Israel that reaches the Euphrates? no, but I gave it the potential;). now, if you want historical accuracy you can find it in other scenarios, such as "The Classical Antiquity" and all my Earth series.
Good day :)

I realize this post is about three years old, but I thought that I should add that (1) the history the person quoted above presented is not entirely accurate either (we actually don't know what the "facts" are, because we don't have evidence to credit or discredit a theory entirely) (2) whether or not Yaweh (actually, the person above means to say "El" in the context of his discussion) was worshipped is totally irrelevant to what this scenario is about; (3) the kingdom was very briefly united, and even if it was not, that would not make for interesting gameplay (4) I believe we must be very careful in creating scenarios that "mimic" reality, because we cannot truly do that. For example, if we tried to recreate the Persian empire on this game, it would not work. Pure and simple. Read about the amazing advances and the lightning fast conquering pace that the Persians employed, and you'll see why Persia, as it is in the game, could never be what it was in reality.

Nice scenario, although I would get rid of the desert (replace with plain/desert mixture, so that cities can survive there to mimic history) and I would also not have so many cities crammed in one place (again, although accurate, it does not enhance gameplay, IMO).

Gameplay Tip: To show some cities without actually have them take up rammed space, simply mark a "town" there. :)

Also, to recreate Persian, all you would have to do is slow down the time line. :)

(Haven't posted in 3 years)

hi guys,
thanks for your replies :)

the history the person quoted above presented is not entirely accurate either (we actually don't know what the "facts" are, because we don't have evidence to credit or discredit a theory entirely)
in ancient history we don't have facts, history itself is quite a controversial thing, because our sources are based on archeology and written records each individual can interpret it as he thinks.
we do have plenty of evidence to restore the actual history. the recent archeological advances have not been widely popularized, because they utterly refute 90% of the biblical myths. yet the facts are easily accessible. you can borrow these books if you have access to any north american university library. or you can simply buy them on amazon.com:

Egypt, Canaan, and Israel in Ancient Times

The Early History of God: Yahweh and the Other Deities in Ancient Israel

The Origins of Biblical Monotheism: Israel's Polytheistic Background and the Ugaritic Texts

The Quest for the Historical Israel: Debating Archaeology and the History of Early Israel

The Bible Unearthed: Archaeology's New Vision of Ancient Israel and the Origin of Its Sacred Texts

David and Solomon: In Search of the Bible's Sacred Kings and the Roots of the Western Tradition

the kingdom was very briefly united
nope. never happened, sorry :)
that would not make for interesting gameplay (4) I believe we must be very careful in creating scenarios that "mimic" reality, because we cannot truly do that.
at least we should try :)
i love this game because at times it does quite accurately mimic the actual history. in fact, i believe that a judah/jerusalem scenario based on the historical events would be much more interesting. harder, but more interesting.
and now we are talking about gameplay and not about history
dear Lokolus, thank you for saying that.

i wrote my original post exactly because i know that a lot of people tend to confuse the actual history and the biblical myth. i found it misleading that a lot of people, after looking at your scenario, will think that the mythical united kingdom of israel and judah (which only existed in the minds of the biblical redactors) was IN REALITY, in the actual history, stronger than the egyptian and assirian empires.

Now that you have admitted that your scenario is based solely on the biblical myth, i believe the issue is successfully resolved :)

Now lets analize your comment:

at least we should try :)
i love this game because at times it does quite accurately mimic the actual history. in fact, i believe that a judah/jerusalem scenario based on the historical events would be much more interesting. harder, but more interesting.

Who are these "we" that you're talking about? me? the scenario makers out there?society? maybe it's you?:), I don't think I should try to do such things. as civlization IV is a video game, the connection to reality is limited. now, if "We" want to make an accurate scenario or more interesting (for him of course, because some would think that "We" is wrong) than "We" can make it, I won't stop him. I don't consider these scenarios as art or myself as an artist, because many of them were made out of pure boredome, but I think that every person can make the stuff he does how he wants them, if "We" have a problem with that he should find some friends, they will explain him why he's wrong.

i wrote my original post exactly because i know that a lot of people tend to confuse the actual history and the biblical myth. i found it misleading that a lot of people, after looking at your scenario, will think that the mythical united kingdom of israel and judah (which only existed in the minds of the biblical redactors) was IN REALITY, in the actual history, stronger than the egyptian and assirian empires.

Thank you for the compliment, if you think that people will develop interests or learn new things in my scenarios I'm more than happy to help them. again, I didn't know I has such an impact on society.

Now that you have admitted that your scenario is based solely on the biblical myth, i believe the issue is successfully resolved :)

Nice quote. I liked the way you took it out of context and removed the part when I criticize you. now if you don't mind can you show me the part that I admitted that this scenaio is based on the "Biblical myth"?

now if you don't mind can you show me the part that I admitted that this scenaio is based on the "Biblical myth"?
only if you insist :)

you admitted that your scenario is based on the bible, didn't you? i have shown you that the situation you presented in your scenario is completely fictional, because in reality around 1000bc israel only had about 80,000 citizens and judah only had 15,000, neither had even a semblance of a central government. you did not try to disprove that statement. therefore, you have admitted that your scenario is based on the biblical MYTH.

hope this helps. have a good one :)

I played the Roman version. Just what I was looking for. Thank you very much.
Hannibal was easy to stop off the get go. Then I went after the Gauls. Damn those axemen. After the Gauls I went back to the Carthaginians, by way of Spain, rolled em up across N. Africa. Never bothered with the Middle east since I figured there was nothing worth having there anyway.
I really liked the Tech ladder on this. It lets you play a long game in a historical age.
You did a great job and I would recommend it to anyone.
Anyone try this multiplayer?
:goodjob::thumbsup:

Top Bottom