The Complete Guide To Map Creation (image heavy)

Hello everyone! I'm glad to see that this guide is still being appreciated since it means all those hours weren't spent in vain ;). I decided to play a game of Civilization today after not having touched it for about the past 10 months, so I came back to check this thread.

I'm not sure if there are still bandwidth issues considering it's been around for such a long time now. Let me know if someone's still having problems and I'll see to it that it gets updated with another host.

Thanks and happy civing!

Yeah, the bandwidth problems are still there. I've been waiting for three weeks now for the images to load :) So in the meantime I decided that as soon as the images were back up, I'd save the entire guide to PDF. Then I figured, I might as well upload it too, so that others could enjoy the guide as the images were down. But now that you're back, Mortac, I might as well ask properly:

Is it okay if I save your guide to PDF and upload it somewhere, so that others will have an alternative when the images are down?

On that note (and if it's okay with Mortac), does anyone know of a good place to upload it?

Thanks for a great guide!

Oh, and hello everyone btw. I've been a forum lurker for some time and wouldn't actually have registered if not for this guide :)

Is it okay if I save your guide to PDF and upload it somewhere, so that others will have an alternative when the images are down?

That's fine with me. Send me a PM with the link though so that I can add it to the first post, if you don't mind.

I will host all these pictures for you free of charge if you'd like.

PM me for further information.

That would be great! Sending you a PM!

Alright I've updated the guide with the new host provided by AveiMil. Thank you for hosting this! The bandwidth issues should be gone now.

If there are any further problems viewing any images let me know!

Enjoy! :)

thanks a lot for this effort :) is the whole thing accessible in .pdf then?

I can't find selections for wrapping options in Civ4 vanilla 1.74 patch. I've read through this entire thread (http://www.civfanatics.com/civ4/strategy/map_guide.php)--and some other map posts--but it doesn't specify whether some of the options are only available in Beyond the Sword. Is the fantasy selection the only one in Civ4 1.74 that has toroidal maps? Thank you.

(This is a copy of another post of mine, to cast a wider net.)

Top Bottom