The Dragon Cult of Erebus (FFH DI)

OOC
Spoiler :
It is extremely tempting to join this one but II no longer have civ 4 . If its possible that someone can do my changes and there's a spot .

OOC
Spoiler :
It is extremely tempting to join this one but II no longer have civ 4 . If its possible that someone can do my changes and there's a spot .

@ryansee
Spoiler :

Lots of Gods are available. We can do edits for you as well - just ask on the Hermetic Lore thread. Let Verdian know here if you're joining as that would definitely mean postponing his turn for the moment.

OOC
Spoiler :
Hi Ryan. If the other gods don't mind editing in your changes, I have no problem with you joining.

I decided to wait another week so we can get back on schedule. As we talked about making this update every 2 weeks anyway, I hope no one will mind. If the gods want to take the save again and do more, feel free.

OOC
Spoiler :
OOC
Spoiler :
Should be worth mentioning that we already have a god player who requires another user to do their edits, so it shouldn't be too big of a deal. Come aboard if you would like, especially because it seems a player or two might have flaked.

:evil: Ceridwen, godess of Magic :evil:

Dallarin still vividly remembers the miracle, and still can't help but glance at the Black Candle expectingly whenever it is in the sky. Especially now, after his people have followed Ceridwen's orders and regained much knowledge from the Age of Magic. They are even taking steps towards harnessing magic, so they can actually use it. One night, at last, his expectations pay off as the Black Candle is once again burning with a purple flame.
"Dallarin..." a voice speaks. "You have done well... You have tried to recover lost knowledge of magic to the best of your abilities. Yet it seems the curiosity of your people is not as great as I hoped. You are progressing slowly towards the knowledge of magic you seek; too slowly.
Yet let it never be said Ceridwen does not reward those who try to carry out Her commands. While the knowledge you are steadily obtaining will be a great reward in itself, I have also ignited the mind of a simple man among your people. He shall now be among the very wise. Finding him will be quite easy, as he will come to find you. His mind shall be a great asset to you.
He will also instruct you on how to properly worship Me, the wisest and most benevolent of all gods. As you have noticed, doing My bidding brings great rewards. Kylorin was loyal to me, and ruled Erebus because of it. You must learn the ways of the wise from the one who I helped. There is no hurry, I understand your people have immediate needs that need to be seen to other than their spiritual needs. But do not keep Me waiting too long..."

--

Weyoun awoke in the middle of the night. His mind was swimming with ideas and curiosity. He suddenly understood so much more than he had before now... Yet he also realised now there was so much he didn't understand. The thought was appalling; he wanted to know more. He had gone to bed last night with the only two thoughts on his mind being the upcoming harvest and how much he loved his wife. Now the first couldn't be further from his mind, while the second made up only a small portion of the incredibly busy flood of thoughts in his mind.
Weyoun got up and started collecting the things he would need in a hurry. He had already wasted forty-two years on menial things, he didn't want to waste another second.
"Huh?" Mumbled his wife. "Weyoun, what are you doing? It's the middle of the night..."
Weyoun took a look outside at the stars and did a quick calculation, realising for a moment he had barely been able to count past fifty until he had woken up just now. "It is not, actually; that passed an hour and fifty-seven minutes ago. And there is no time to waste; I must get to the capital!"
Kilana sat up in bed. "Why? We can't go to Aerie! It's the middle- it's night, and the harvest is coming up!"
"I can't wait for the harvest, it is a dreadfully slow process that takes up time I could spend unraveling the mysteries of the cosmos. I must go to the capital, there is so much to learn..."
"Weyoun!" Kilana snapped angrily, "the only thing you must do is get back into bed and sleep this madness off!"
Weyoun sighed, beginning to wonder how he could ever have married someone so slow. It was a good thing they had no children yet, they would only distract him from pursuing the knowledge he wanted. "Madness? This is a blessing! The gods have smiled upon me!" He looked out of the window, and saw the Black Candle, unusually bright, and burning with a magical purple flame. "Ceridwen be blessed! This must've been her doing... Look at the Black Candle, Kilana, it's a sign! I must praise Ceridwen for bringing this upon me, and I must go to Aerie... Tell others of this miracle, so that they may also praise the greatest of all gods! And I must find books... I must learn..."
Kilana looked out of the window, and was visibly impressed by the omen. "I... Wow... I- I suppose you must be right... But books? Weyoun, you can't read."
"I'm quite sure I can... I can picture the entire alphabet in my mind, and the spelling of any word I like. It must be part of Ceridwen's blessing."
"But what about the harvest?"
"Someone else will have to bring in the harvest, or it won't be brought in. It's not important, there is so much to learn! This is a sign from Ceridwen; I have better things to do. And so do you."
"But... Weyoun, we're one of the biggest farms in Aerie lands, what if there's not enough food left for the people in the city if we leave the harvest behind?"
"The odds of that are no more than 39,7%. It is a minor risk."

--

Weyoun cautiously entered Dallarin's quarters. He calculated there was only a 18,3% chance the King realised his leaving his farm had contributed to the famine, but why take the risk?
He cleared his throat. "Your majesty? My name is Weyoun; I am the one you likely have heard about, as I have been receiving a number of followers lately, who have been pursuing knowledge and worshipping Ceridwen, and of course her dragon Abashi, under my guidance. Unfortunately, we find our pursuit of knowledge here is strained by several factors. The famine is one of them; another is the fact that followers of other gods attack us occassionally. Therefore, I must inform you we will leave Aerie and settle somewhere else to conduct research in a more suitable environment.
We will remain loyal to you and serve you, however if we were to leave with your blessing, we could attract more citizens, and educate them in the arts of magic as well. I'm quite sure Ceridwen would be very pleased with you if you did help us. And the knowledge we obtained could be shared with the rest of our people, used to improve our lives and our power."

OOC:
Spoiler :
Since you didn't complete the quest, so you don't get a settled Great Scientist, unlike your rivals who did make it, but you did get close (and I suspect my quest was in fact impossible for you :-o). The famine takes away some population from Aerie, but you get a settler.

Quests:
-Use the Settler to settle a city. Preferably in a good commerce or great people spot, but this is up to you.
-Research Way of the Wicked. There is no time limit on this, apart from researching it before you research Way of the Wise.
-Rewards for these quests: You'll see. (You didn't expect a goddess of secrets to reveal her hand, did you? :p)

OOC - To all:
Spoiler :
Is this the latest save for me to do my thing with??

Bad_Player, that's the one.

Verdian,

Latest save from Hermetic Lore thread, includes Junil edits. No other interventions have been discussed so go ahead and use this for your turn if no-one grabs it in the meanwhile.

Much obliged, all! I have the save. Enjoy your weekend.

Chapter 2 - The Proper Spell

The Dragon Cult's Lands

NA 50 - Worker, settler, warrior, adept head south. - A group of mystics, dedicated to magic and the teachings of Ceridwen, led by Weyoun, begin to travel south. His task from Dallarin is two-fold: Found an outpost to the south, and begin research into the possible summoning of Abashi.

NA 51 - Warrior boards ship to find islands to the east. - A warrior by the name of Filisius, guided by the light of Sirona, boarded Lothbrok's boat to seek the island of Swanmay to the east.

NA 53 - Warrior arrives at Swanmay Isle. Spider kills settler's warrior. - After sailing for several months, Filisius arrives at the mysterious island. He bids Lothbrok leave, and return in ten moon's time. Alone on the shore, Filisius walks into the forest.

Weyoun's group, accosted by giant spiders in the jungles south of Aerie, lose several men.

NA 55 - Fishing boat settled near the hell hound island. - Fishing boats along the coast of Howl Island give the first eye witness account of the hell hounds of Camulos. Despite this threat, the great amount of fish in the area encourage more fleets.

NA 58 - The Emyrs settled. - Weyoun's band finally arrive at their site. Informally calling their settlement The Emyrs, they begin to study and investigate the interesting plants in the area...

NA 60 - Great scientist creates Academy in Aerie. - A man named Magister Cultuum funds the building of an Academy to further the study of any whim that strikes a person's fancy. Dallarin devotes a large section of the resources to spreading the lore of the Dragon Cult and researching the possibilities of summons.

NA 61 - Barbarians ejected from land. - Aerie continues to suffer raiding party incursions of orcs and goblins.

NA 64 - Swanmay warrior leaves the island. Pagan Temple built. - Lothbrok arrives at the island of Swanmay to find Filisius waiting for him on the shore. Clothed in white robes, he seems to glow in the noon sun. They begin their journey home.

Quintien completes another architectural master piece. Carved into the very spine of the mountain, a temple depicting the God's War is finally open to the public. A small statue of each of the god's dragons adorn the walls.

NA 66 - Knowledge of the Ether researched. Exploration started. - A breakthrough at the University of Aerie unlocks the secrets of the Ether. Missives and extensive notes are hurriedly sent south to the Emyrs.

NA 67 - Barbarian invasion flees. Chase! - The most recent orc raiders flee before the might of the Cult's forces. Chase is given to ensure they do not return.

NA 70 - Ultigar discovered. - An orcish city is discovered along the north western coast. Ultigar, the Blood Coast. Archers push the Cult's forces back. This stronghold of the barbarians must be destroyed.

NA 71 - Exploration researched. - After extensive meetings with the musteval, the local areas were properly mapped. Planning for a proper road system begins.

NA 74 - Mushrooms near Emyrs. - The mushrooms of Aerie adopted well to the fertile soil of the Emyrs.

NA 79 - Esus blessed warrior explores Broken Sepulcher, gets red sword, Enraged. - While negotiations with the spiders were on hold, other sections of the Sepulcher were explored. Extensive ruins were uncovered, most bearing the marks of ancient magics.

The Guardians of the Nest, while exploring one such area, found a stockade of magic weapons. The entire company was found missing the next morning.
NA 81 - Crazed Esus warrior invades Ultigar. - The Guardians of the Nest, screaming for the blood of their enemies, arrived outside the orc city of Ultigar. After slaughtering a company of goblins, their swords turned to dust. Releshing their victory, with hungry eyes on the orcish city, they began the journey back to Aerie.

NA 82 - Axemen spawn at BS. - A door of the Sepulcher held a grotesque experiment of magic gone awry. The orcs were free, after being held longer than mortal memory. They beat their drums of war and gripped their weapons of before the Age of Ice. Their dread gaze fell upon the City of the Cliffs

NA 84 - Open borders with Bannor. Swanmay successfully defended city
from 3 axemen.
- Ghaeru was sent to the west to open relations with the Bannor. After several weeks, borders were opened between their divine leader and the Dragon Cult's.

The drums of the orcs echoed in the quarry, bouncing up the walls to reach even into the very heart of the city. Stories of death and the curse of the Broken Sepulcher, of the doom of the city, were whispered by the citizens of Aerie. Dallarin was approached by one man, Filisius, the warrior of Swanmay. "Open the gate," was his request, "And the drums will sound no more," was his promise.

Filisius, clad in white robes and holding a silver staff, left the gates of the city. The people of Aerie gathered along the palisade, Dallarin among them. Filisius walked alone into the night, his footsteps clear in the silence upon the stone.

The drums stopped, replaced by the cries of orcs in the night. Filisius approached the wall of Aerie. "All is well. Open the gate."

It was not closed again.

NA 86 - Duke died, gave money to poor. Great Scientist, Gastrius, settled. Open borders with Amurites. - One of the council elders who had amassed a fairly large hoard had passed away, leaving his wealth to the Divine King. In his wisdom, it was spread to the less fortunate and a park dedicated to Ceridwen.

In the councilor's place, a man named Gastrius was elected. His brilliance and forward thinking quickly elevate him toward head of the council.

After successfully opening up tentative trade agreements with the Bannor, Ghaeru moved on to the Amurites. After some initial hesitation, Valedia was tempted by the Cult's maps and knowledge of the surrounding area to open borders.

NA 89 - Acheron spawns. Dragon Cult moved to north. - Dallarin awakens one night in a cold sweat. The cry of the great red dragon still echoed in his ears. The fire had seemed so real, the pain and heat... It had to be real. North. Acheron was to the north.

NA 90 - Education researched. - Smaller institutions based on the Academy of Aerie were set up in the poorer districts of Aerie to better inform the public. It is important they know exactly what they should.

NA 91 - Esus warrior kills one hound. - The Guardians of the Nest, after multiple victories against the orcs and extensive training, are finally dispatched to defeat the hounds of Camulos. The battle of Howl Island is fierce, and many fatalities are had. But one hound no longer moves. The Guardians retreat.

NA 94 - Scouts sent north to investigate. - The call of Acheron cannot be ignored. The musteval are sent north to find the Great Dragon's lair.

NA 97 - Esus warrior kills second hound. - The beaches were scorched black. Bodies of friends bobbed in the ocean, swept back and forth by the gentle waves. Limbs and clothing were pulled and pushed, tumbling around like leaves in the breeze. Or dolls, dragged behind by careless children.

Lothbrok's boat was safely moored in out to sea, away from the battle.

Further inland, a few charred trees still burned, flames fighting the stiff sea breeze. A body lay here and there, increasing in frequency as one journeyed into the forest.

At the center of it all, bleeding flames and blood, was the body of the great hell hound. Larger than a horse, fangs as long as a grown man's arm, it's flank was etched with innumerable cuts and scars.

It had finally stopped moving. The few survivors of the Guardians were standing around it in a loose circle, weapons still drawn. They eyed it cautiously, hardly daring to believe it was finally dead. One man, a crazed look in his eye, edged forward. He took his club, and nudged the head. It limply moved aside. The man looked back to the others with a manic smile. He raised his club in two hands, high into the air. It was brought down with a sickening crunch onto the head of the hound. Into the air again, and down. Again and again, each time with the same crunch. The rest of the men sank to the ground. Some weeping openly, but mostly silent, the men thought of what they had done, what they had accomplished.

It was finished.

The Known World
Spoiler :

Kuriotate Lands
Spoiler :

Quest Status
Ceridwen - Research up to Knowledge of the Ether. COMPLETE
Ceridwen - Settle settler near good commerce. COMPLETE
Ceridwen - Research Way of Wicked before Way of Wise. ON-GOING
Junil - Protect the Bannor worker. FAILED?
Camulos - Defeat the two Hell Hounds COMPLETE
Esus - Learn Trade. ON-GOING
Lugus - Open borders with Bannor and Amurites. COMPLETE
Sirona - Go east to island of Swanmay. Bring a warrior there and wait (ten turns, if possible). COMPLETE

OOC
Spoiler :
Late again! Oh well, I did manage to get it out before page 5...

I had a lot of fun this round, of course. Barbarian harassment was kept me busy, and I had lots of quests to concentrate on (that didn't spread my units thin, thank you for that). This game was pretty much dedicated to researching magic. I managed to get a lot of the quests done, though. I can't believe I managed to defeat those hounds. 28% chance to win, but the turn was almost over so I had to give it a try. Those Esus warriors (the ones that were given defensive for building the palisade) were very helpful. I was also intentionally vague about what happened to the Swanmay warrior, because I don't know what happened there. But after he defended by city from 3 axemen orcs, I had to give him an interesting story.

Welcome aboard, Axecack!

If anyone has any comments or critiques, please let me know. Is this too long? I can make shorter posts if the gods don't want ot read this much.

Attachments

• Verdian AD-0100.CivBeyondSwordSave
    304.6 KB · Views: 70
Got it - only a small intervention from me, will be back up again with story shortly.

And done:

Camulos, God of War

The dread howling had fallen silent. Before the victorious warriors even boarded the ship to return to Aerie, it was already known.
Many watched Lothbrok in his activities in the city, as it had been he who had brought the word of Camulos and the request to slay the Hellhounds, but he appeared unaware or unconcerned with the news. When anyone mentioned it to him, he merely smiled faintly and replied, "Oh really? How nice."
Following the homecoming of the warriors however, he settled accounts for his lodgings. Word quickly spread that he was preparing to leave Aerie. Before he did so, he took to waiting among all others who daily aired their various requests or arguments for Dallarin to consider.
No more did he wear the simple battered chainmail he had first been seen in, but a flowing, almost gleaming red robe. Some said they seemed to see a short-lived trail of red behind it, but most claimed it was a trick of the light.

When it came to his turn to speak, there was a muttering through the hall. He was recognized, and not just as an old warrior. Suspicions had been clear about him, though he had paid no attention to them himself.
He took his place before Dallarin and waited until he signed for silence to let him speak.
"Divine Dallarin," Lothbrok began formally. "Long has it been since I came to Aerie with my Lord's request. For just as long have there been rumors about me. I come now to settle the rumors and to bring further word of my Lord, the God of War. I no longer deny what rumor has claimed. I am, and have been, among the Harbingers of Lord Camulos."
He paused to allow the murmuring to subside again, this time sounding more angered. Suspicion had been confirmed, and a number of new, unkind rumors spread about him almost immediately.
"Fear not for the effect of a Harbinger upon your people, Divine Dallarin," Lothbrok continued eventually. "I shall not linger in Aerie any longer, for that is the command of my Lord. For He has spoken unto me, and thus I bring His word to you. The escaped Hellhounds are finished, slain by the hand of your people and with no aid requested of Lord Camulos, a feat He has considered most impressive. Thus His reward is granted unto you. Among the population there are those who show greater aggression, those strong of body. Some among them have received the Word of Camulos too and band together, even now awaiting the chance to request you allow them to create their own warcamp under your command. I am bidden by my Lord to go with them and to guide and teach them. I will, at your command, go with them and establish a place whereby I may guide new warriors along the road to war, that they might better serve you.
"I am aware however, that not all among your people appreciate my presence among them. Should you not wish to allow me to go accompany these settlers, then you have only to command me to leave your lands, and you will never again need be concerned with my fate. My Lord watches over me always. Now I have passed His word unto you, Divine Dallarin, and await your response."

OOC All
Spoiler :
Commander (Named Lothbrok) and Settler granted in Aerie. The Settler represents those Lothbrok mentioned, who want Dallarin to let them found a settlement/war-camp.
Lothbrok himself will not hear of any option that does not either send him to set up a Command Post in the war-camp, or send him away from Kuriotate lands entirely. If you choose to send him away, you need simply disband the unit.

OOC Divine
Spoiler :
I may have made a slight mistake in thinking some form of amphibious was needed. I was sure it was, but oh well. That's more or less why Camulos has considerably increased the value of the reward - not that it was mentioned before.
If Dallarin chooses to let Lothbrok remain with the Kuriotates, I plan to make the resulting war-camp a little less easy to manage. It'll be the center of the most warlike of his people, who'll push him for a more aggressive, threatening stance on matters.

Attachments

• Verdian AD-0100-Camulos.CivBeyondSwordSave
    304.9 KB · Views: 56
Sirona, Goddess of Wisdom

Filisius' Reward

Spoiler :
At the end of each month, steadfast Filisius saw the Swanmay dance in the centre of the grove. Eight times, each spectacle granted him a unique blessing, each aimed at one of the Evil Gods. On the ninth month, the Swanmay gited Filisius a set of white robes, and a staff. On the tenth, one of the Swanmay, who had fallen in love with the warrior due to his patience and kind nature, went with him, taking his hand in hers.

The Appeal to Lugus

Spoiler :
Matters in Aerie were reaching a head. In the city, the sages were debating on what ways to research first: that of wisdom, or that of corruption? For the moment, it was corruption that was winning, due to the seductive rewards that it offered. However, it was not hopeless, as many of the populace still belived in the value of compassion, honor, and justice.

And so it was to tip the scales in favor of the latter that Sirona came to Lugus, openly and without concealment.

"I have come to talk about matters regarding the Dragon Cult," spoke Sirona. While such bluntness wasn't her usual mode of speech, the Goddess new that the Precept of the Sun cared not for tact, merely truth. It had in fact been that tactless honesty that had done in Lugus' followers in the Age of Magic, as they had few allies in that time.* But now, the world was most accepting of the truth, at least for now.

She waited for Lugus to give his reply.

OOC:
Spoiler :
Someone else will make the edit, but the rewards for a full ten turns are:

-The Demon Slaying Promotion.

- A free Settler.

As for the Appeal to Lugus, it's part of a Joint Quest between Zbelg and I. He'll post a reply on his turn post detailing what exactly Dallarin's objectives and the reward are.

OOC
Spoiler :

Esus has not openly contacted or promised anything to Dallarin. A different name might be used for that warrior than Esus blessed warrior or Esus warrior.

Congrats on beating the hellhounds.

Got it.

Joining as the God of Nature.

Will hold for an hour, to glance around and do edits. If kept longer other gods can feel free to bypass me.

EDIT: finished the damn save but now my computer is running so slow it won't load the pop up that lets me add on attachments. Bear with me.

OOC, for Ravus:
Spoiler :
If you could, there's a few edits to be made for Elder Methyl in the Hermetic Lore thread. I was going to make them myself, but ran short of time.

:c5food:Cernunnos - God of Nature:c5food:

Meeting of Half-men

Something was off.

Ratman is an insult. It is a racist remark spewed from the mouths of ingrate pure humans. Martouth is a Musteval. Yes he has the shape of a Mouse/Rat creature in the size of a man, but that's not the point!

In the Kuriotate lands Mustevals were people. At least until the whole Dragon Cult thing. But who Isn't up for the idea of having a Dragon on their side! By the gods it was practically an open secret that their Boy-King was a Dragon possessing a mortal. Talk about hypocrisy. Either way Martouth and the other Mustevals that came here were happy, him and his scouting force were exploring north. They'd past a Citedal, Sidar borders and were now camped in a forest.

And something was off.

It was something about the way the wind sounded through the trees, that sounded more like music and singing. In the way the shadows seemed to twitch, the trees to breath, and the creatures to seem to follow you. Forests could always seem a little mysterious and magical. It was part of their charm.

But this one was too much. And a horse was following him like it was hunting him.

"Hail and well met!"

Martouth spun to meet a familar and heart wrenching sight.

"Centaur!" He exclaimed before he could stop. Then blushing he fell to one knee and half bowed, "Well met my brother."

The Centaur had the upper body of a well built man, he smiled and lowered himself into kneeling bow on his horse like lower body.

-

It did not take long to set up a small camp to rest in, under a large tree. Roarsan, the Centaur, was happy to exchange pleasantries.

"It is heartening to meet intelligent and perspective Demi-humans in this part of the world. It is not many who walk through this forest that realise what it is."

"And what's that?" Piped up one of the younger scout apprenticies. A look quelled the child into silence until he spoke with better manners. Thankfully their guest was not offended.

"An Ancient forest young one. Why even now you rest under the prescence of a slumbering Treant." Roarsan smiled at the youngsters shock. "My herd comes to this forest to get the best wood for tools. But we only take that which has fallen naturally, for fear of what may awaken."

"It was the same back in Kwythellar," murmered Martouth. "The Centaurs there made it policy not to damage the forests too much."

"Centaurs make policy in your lands Musteval?"

"Um." This is why no-one should ever bring up politics, the demand from Roarsan was sharp and piercing. "Well the Kuriotate lands were founded from a collection of city states from that old Magic Empire, whats-it-called-"

"Patria"

"Yeah, that. So some managed to survive the winter and when a new king siezed power he was helped by a Herd of Centaurs. Afterwards they just sort of became the Warrior caste. So they have a lot of say in things."

"It sounds like a nice land."

"Yeah. Well it was. Until we had to leave. Religious differences. Our new city's doing well. Rediscovered some magic, got sent up here because we got a magical vision of a Dragon being up here."

Roarsan had been eating berries but stilled. "Magic has returned?"

Humans don't get some things. A Human would never have understood the look that passed between Martouth and Roarsan.

"It won't happen again. We won't let them. Most of our magic users are Lamia."

No more was said that night.

-

When dawn came it slipped through the trees and made them dance in shadows and light. Roarsan was already awake, perhaps he hadn't even slept.

"I would like to accompany you back to your city, to see how the world is changing for myself. My Herd needs to know of these things."

Martough sighed, another mouth to feed meant more hunting and gathering, at least the centaur was fast enough to keep up. But this also brought an opportunity, he smiled for a second, then turned his serious gaze upwards.

"We won't be returning until we've explored for a bit. I don't suppose a native like yourself would be able to guide us?"

Roarsan didn't even hesitate. "I would, But-" There was always a but, "I might cause problems for you. The Ghost dwellers to the east treat my herd as barbarians and they encroach ever nearer to the Grasslands."

"Ghost dwellers? Wait, You mean the Sidar?"

"Indeed. They move like ghosts and do not speak to us. Scouts have seen some souls gone mad. They have absorbed some Human settlements but I have not seen a human within their land."

"Great. More Trouble." And it was. The Sidar were a neighbour. A neighbour who aparantly didn't like centaurs... or perhaps they didn't like all demi-humans. Hell maybe the Centaurs had started something themselves, they could be stubborn. He'd have to decide whether taking Roarsan along was worth it.

"Where would you recommend if you stayed here?" Martouth asked, hedging his bets. The look he received said a lot.

"There is an ancient tower, left over from Patria up north. From there you would be able spy most of the northern lands."

Martouth nodded and then went to discuss with the rest of the group. He felt for Roarsan, he really did. Demi-Humans had to stick together. But he was just a scout.

Changes - Updated

Spoiler Divine Eyes :

Sirona
Gave the Swanmay warrior "Demon Slaying", Couldn't remember what he was named and forgot to write it down so he still has the title "Swanmay Warrior"

Gifted a Settler, named "Sirona Followers"

Camulos
Named Camulos' Settler "Camulos Followers", so that Verdian can differentiate between the two.

Cernunnos
Added a few minor things that I will discuss more in the Lore thread;
  • The island that had Camulos Hell Hounds is now on fire, a forest fire.
  • The two Ratman (Musteval) scouts that have headed north to find the Red Dragon are now situated in a Ancient forest instead of a normal one. Beyond said forest is now a Centaur Camp and a weakened Centaur with Hidden nationality.
  • The Barbarian Dragon city now has a Pallus south of it.
  • Sidar now have a field of Distorted souls on their borders.
  • Put up signs for "Centaur Grasslands" & "Blood Coast"
  • Placed a held Lion Pride upon the base mana node inside Kuriotate lands.

Spoiler Mortal eyes :

Hello and good day, I shall be your nature god for this game. :)

I plan to ignore your empire for the most part and react to the world in general. Your Ratmen scouts have had a meeting with a herd of Centaurs which I shall describe shortly. I will also add some God interaction once I've discussed things with the other gods.

While you can react to the changes I make in numerous ways they are not "Quests" as such. Feel free to proceed however you wish.

Update:
In regards to the Centaur Meeting, you now have Roarsan, the scout, a weakened Centaur unit. The forest the Mustevals were stationed on has now been revealed as a Ancient forest.

You can have Roarsan join you, keep his nationality ambigious/barbarian in the eyes of neighbours. Or vouch for him and reveal him under your colours and protection. You can delete him and send him back to the Centaur Camps, or you could delete him and state that you killed him to silence him. This is not a quest per'say.

This is just the first update so I'm just setting the scene a little and fleshing out a area of the map that might be used later.

Attachments

• Verdian Cernunnos AD-0100.CivBeyondSwordSave
    305.4 KB · Views: 50
Top Bottom