The East Indies

Lots of the early mods were lost in Nirvana.

Chances that any of the the still active modders still have them are really low.
With extreme luck one of the former player might still have a copy though.

Many of the early mods never really finished and still had issues though - they were simply not popular enough to be kept alive.
Most of their good features and ideas have been integrated in at least one of the big mods however.

The only mods that are still easy to get are the big mods (that were continued and polished much longer by bigger teams).
(TAC, RaR, WTP, MC, DoaNE)

Last edited:
Hi:
1. big thanks to all the modders here. played TAC,RR,WTP
2. for some dang reason, I cannot get East Indies 2.16 to work. Here's the context:
- mod downloaded from an external link in this forum (2.16): https://mega.nz/file/x4EVmThR#Hi-CMZpI5V5YoQUmkwdtvKm6akBOmwfwEwwPVY1wgk4 (392mb) (I have tried re-downloads and re-installs)
- Have Steam version(using unsupported beta version), installed mod in the programs files mod folder (and not in documents folder, but I've tried both)
- mod loads and the main screen has a East Indies 2.16 tag in top right corner
- But cannot get into the mod either by playing game or customizing IE it is still vanilla meaning - the mod loads ie i get the python loadup screens when it loads in the desktop screen. - i get only the original players (dutch, span, eng, etc). - I wasn't seeing the East Indies Map so I tried moving it from private to public maps, but now the issue is that with the mod loaded, i get stuck on a Resource: bananas cannot load popup at the start. I can access the map normally sans mod otherwise.

Please help what am I doing wrong?
FYI, when I install and load other mods TAC, RR, WTP, there are no issues. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Have you checked that you do not accidently have a double Mod folder?
(That sometimes happens, depending how the mod is zipped.)

e.g.:
This is how it should look like:
.../Mods/East_Indies/Assets

But when you look into the folder it actually is
.../Mods/East_Indies/East_Indies/Assets

It is a very typical fault that players make when installing a mod.

Have you checked that you do not accidently have a double Mod folder?
(That sometimes happens, depending how the mod is zipped.)

e.g.:
This is how it should look like:
.../Mods/East_Indies/Assets

But when you look into the folder it actually is
.../Mods/East_Indies/East_Indies/Assets

It is a very typical fault that players make when installing a mod.
Looks like I figured out the hot mess.
While it's not double mod folder as you suggested (I've seen enough zip files to know this can be an issue sometimes), the issue WAS that something was doubled up and it has something to do with the Steam installation.

Earlier, I had done re-installs of the mods as well as the game (varying between Steam's unsupported beta version and its updated version as suggested by yourself or another in this forum ie use the unsupported beta). Then at some point, I realised that Steam had installed multiple copies of the game (2) on my C and D drives. ie one in the Documents/MyGames folder and one in the Steam Apps folder. This may also have to do with the fact that, at one point, I myself was directing Steam to install in first the C and then the D drive because of space allocation and for whatever reason, I forgot about the additional install.

In short, I deleted all versions on both disks and then had Steam reinstall on 1 Drive. and tadaa... it worked. Probably a weird situation unlikely to be duplicated by another but I thought I'd record it here just in case.

Top Bottom