The Emperor Challenge Lineup - Game #1 Ottomans

@chile_paul

I was unaware that the Emp. AI could win as early as T360. Good luck in the replay. I think you want to concentrate on early science a bit more. No early monument? Did you find a culture ruin?

I don't know what was going on but he was mental! I've never seen an AI that far ahead of me in any game before. When I saw he was churning out space ship parts I sent one of my tanks over to the part of the map he was in - and then ran a mile when I saw he already had Giant Death Robots! I've never seen an AI with GDR's ever.....

I've replayed the map now and won a science victory in turn 366, still a long way behind some of you guys. I think I'll have one more reload to see if I can improve. I'll try an earlier monument as you say, I've always ignored monuments as I pick them up early in the Tradition tree, do you expect this to make a noticeable difference?

In one of my latest Emperor games i had China winning too around turn 350 via Science, where Wu just bought space-ship parts and i lost to much time for several reasons - - - mostly because i went off of my usual Tradition-gaming and there i still need a lot to learn.

On most maps on Emperor you should be able to get 3 - 5 ruins and one but maybe more usually gives you the desired culture. The AI starts with a freeScout on this level i think, so build order should be at least one Scout to begin with for this reason (maybe two depending on the map-type) and then i always go for a Monument in the capital, and the other Cities get it from the Tradition-tree, if i play so.

On Pangaea type maps there's much to explore and find quickly. I build 2 scouts first and then, assuming that I haven't hit a culture ruin, a monument.

Top Bottom