The English Football Thread No. 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
[wiki=Tottenham_Hotspur_F.C.#Ownership]Wikipedia[/wiki] says this:
Ownership

Since 2001 the key shareholder has been ENIC International Ltd, an investment company established by the British billionaire Joe Lewis. Daniel Levy, Lewis's partner at ENIC, is Executive Chairman of the club.

By June 2007 ENIC had increased its direct holding to 68% by purchasing all of former chairman Alan Sugar's remaining 14.7% holding.[25] Stelios Haji-Ioannou held a 9.9 per cent stake through Hodram Inc in June 2006, but has since either sold all, or at least 70 per cent, of his holding. On 21 August 2009 the club reported that it had issued a further 30 million shares to fund the initial development costs of the new stadium project, and that 27.8 million of these new shares had been purchased by ENIC.[26] The Annual Report for the year ending 30 June 2010 indicates that ENIC continues to directly hold 76% of all Ordinary Shares and also 97% of all convertible redeemable preference shares giving it a combined overall 85% (2009: 85%) beneficial interest in Tottenham Hotspur plc. No other shareholder owns at least 3% of shares.[27]​

Doesn't a billionaire own Tottenham?

Doesn't a billionaire* (or a company owned by a billionaire) own every team in the EPL?

*But I guess it also matters whether he's a bankrupt billionaire or not...

True

By the way, Andy Carroll is going to Merseyside.. for a medical. That can't NOT be a sign that Torres is about to head to Stamford Bridge.

Up to date transfer deadline news here

edit: for 35 million pounds.. man.. if carroll's worth 35 mill then 45-50 for torres doesn't sound so bad

torres out,
adam, suarez and carrol in.

actually, this looks like an improvement... though we're gonna look like donkeys if carroll fails...

bring on chelsea on sunday!

The phone call proved he wasn't a red Torres Torres
I want to leave the club he said Torres Torres
We bought the lad from sunny Spain we showed him love he gave us pain
Fernando Torres the judas number 9

True

By the way, Andy Carroll is going to Merseyside.. for a medical. That can't NOT be a sign that Torres is about to head to Stamford Bridge.

Up to date transfer deadline news here

edit: for 35 million pounds.. man.. if carroll's worth 35 mill then 45-50 for torres doesn't sound so bad

I thought that some of Rafa's signings were over priced but £35m for Carroll tops the lot. :(

Scratcher

carroll's a good signing, but is he worth that much?

I'm not saying he isn't a good palyer, but in my opinion not worth £35m. If Liverpool are going to cash in on Torres I would prefer to see the money used more wisely. Finalise the deal with Suarez and see how he fairs.

Scratcher

Leeds Utd sign Man City keeper David Gonzalez on loan

"We feel he is a player who can push Kasper and Shane," Leeds boss Simon Grayson told the club's website.

Kasper is awesome! He doesn't need pushing! Get some decent defenders Simon!!! Gah. About a million players have left Leeds today, where are the players coming in?!?!

I'm not saying he isn't a good palyer, but in my opinion not worth £35m. If Liverpool are going to cash in on Torres I would prefer to see the money used more wisely. Finalise the deal with Suarez and see how he fairs.

Scratcher

The thing is that Suarez was brought in to play alongside Torres, he wasn't a replacement. They needed to bring in another striker and they didn't have much time.. They needed someone and they got Carroll.. I guess that's the best they could do?

Does Caroll still have to stay in Newcastle with his captain because of his police bail???

Arsenal v. Everton tomorrow. Here's a box of tissues, KierenG.

Carroll for £35m is astonishing. I guess 'Pool were flush with the cash, and Newcastle got away with just asking for the biggest amount they could think of.

Carroll for £35m is astonishing. I guess 'Pool were flush with the cash, and Newcastle got away with just asking for the biggest amount they could think of.

Newcastle have pulled a blinder!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom