The Final "Guess the Upcoming EXP Civs and Leaders" Game!

I know, I was asking Eagle Pursuit.

Anyway, I'm changing my alt leader to Bismarck in face of new insights!

Also, I'll be updating this thread slowly as obviously I didn't take into consideration such a simple thing might turn out to be a lot of work :p.

Just remember to add any changes in new posts. It's not practical to check edited posts, and we need the timestamp later on to decide whether something was posted before or after a leak.
Oh, I thought that was still connected to my quote. ^^

...what are those new insights? :3

Here are my picks:

Bulgaria - Simeon I (maybe Krum or Vasil Levski)
Byzantium - Basil
Portugal - Joao II
Ethiopia - Zara Yaqob
Normandy - Rollo (Could be an alt leader for Norway) or William the Conqueror (Could also be an alt leader for England)
Maya - Pacal
Colombia - Simon Bolivar
Austria - Maria Theresa

Last edited:
I'm going to make my predictions on the basis that this expansion will be based on Trade, Colonisation and Economic Victory

Byzantines - Justinian I
Hebrews - Gracia Mendes Nasi
Italy - Lorenzo de' Medici
Matamba - Anna Nzinga
Maya - Lady Six Sky
Palmyra - Zenobia
Portugal - Afonso de Albuquerque
Vietnam - Trung Sisters
Alternate Leader: America - Ronald Reagan

Like some other people here, I think that it would be logic to add an alternate "Byzantine" leader to Rome. After all citizens of Byzantine Empire considered themselves "Romans" and called their country "Roman Empire".

So my pick for alternate leader - Basil II for Rome.

Civs
  • Mayan (Leader: Lady Six Sky)
  • Portuguese (Leader: Joao III)
  • Thailand (or Siam) (Leader: Mongkut)
  • Ethiopian (Leader: Queen Zewditu)
  • Swahili (Leader: Salama bint Said)
  • Vietnam (Leader: Trung Sisters)
  • Colombia (Leader: Simon Bolivar)
  • Pueblo (Leader: Po'pay)
Alternate Leader:
  • George Washington (American Civ)

Here's my guess:
+ Portugal - Henry the Navigator
+ Ethiopia - Menelik
+ Maya - Lady Six Skies
+ Byzantine Empire - Constantine the Great (with the ability to rule Rome)
+ Babylon - Hammurabi
+ Sioux - Sitting Bull
+ Burma - Anawratha
+ Noongar - Midgegooroo
...and also, Winston Churchill for England

Moreover, I expect the title of the expansion to be something related to 18 June 1940 Churchill's speech, 'Finest Hour' being the most obvious candidate there. My guesses rely on an assumption that the 3rd EP would be the last one, or at least the next ones would have a different form. Something just works for me about the idea of the expansion names being references to the three names of Battle of France Winston's speeches, with 'Rise and Fall' standing for 'toil' and 'victory' of the first one and the 'Gathering Storm' somehow alluding to the promise of fighting on the beaches. May this ridiculous theory feed your tinfoil-hat-conspiracy hunger.

I've ruthfully excluded my boldest (I realise some of my ideas that made the list might be even worse) personal fantasies from my guesses. I wish I could one day see Etruscans added as a full civ. Another one I'd be extatic about is Caesar Claudius, w-which has lately become my favourite historical figure. And he would fit the 'interesting leaders' criterium so well too! Maybe for Civ XLI

EDIT:
I've now realised how badly I have ommited female leaders in my guess, but I don't have any good ideas there, so I guess I'll just leave it at that. I suppose my predictions are just about what particular leaders I could see getting in, not much about how the final roster really could look like.

Last edited:
I'm not hopeful a third expansion will be released, but here are my predictions (not based on what I want, but what I expect Firaxis to do):

1. Portugal-Joao II
2. Babylon-Hammurabi
3. Maya-Pacal (I'm not confident Lady Six Sky will be chosen)
4. Ethiopia-Menelik II
5. Byzantines-Justinian
6. Italy-Caterina Sforza
7. Morocco-Sayyida al Hurra
8. Iroquois-Molly Brant
Alternate Leader: Thomas Jefferson for America

I'm iffy on the female leaders (however, we should expect at least three in a hypothetical expansion), and most of these Civs are returning ones (if they introduce newcomer Civs, I'm expecting a Latin American country like Argentina, Colombia or Mexico, or one or two European nations (ex: Belgium, Switzerland, Bulgaria, Romania, Serbia, Lithuania, etc). I think SE Asia won't receive new Civs, neither would West Africa. In the end of the day, it's ultimately up to which Civs sell more....

More of a wishlist:

Portugal - Manuel I
Ethiopia - Menelik II
Maya - Six Sky
Byzantium - Alexios Komnenos
Colombia - Simón Bolívar
Navajo - Barboncito
Vietnam - Trung Sisters
Ashanti - Yaa Asantewaa
and Cixi for China

Based on TSL balance, "interesting personalities," female leaders, and brand new leaders we've never seen before for returning civs.

Of the most likely returners, I feel the least bad about leaving out Babylon.
I feel West Africa ought to get at least another civ to balance out Mali. Ashanti has a great female leader in Asantewaa.
How could they resist having a double leader screen in the Trung sisters?
We have three anglophone post-colonial nations now. It's about time for at least one former Spanish colony. Colombia and Argentina seem to be the most likely candidates, but TSL-wise, Colombia fills the void of northern S. America nicely, while the Cono Sur already has Mapuche.
Cixi—talk about "interesting personality." I feel Egypt and China are the most likely candidates for an alt leader, but I'd prefer China because there's the possibility of a mid/late game leader, and the alt leader's capital (Beijing, Nanjing, etc.) would work far better on TSL maps than an Egyptian alt leader.

Recurring: Babylon (Babylon), Portugal (Lisbon), Maya (Palenque), Morocco (Fez)

New: Armenia (Yerevan), Lithuania (Vilnius), Mexico (Mexico City), Geneva (city-state Civ)

Bonus Leader: Bismarck (Berlin)

I expect the possible expansion be trade and culture focused, perhaps an overhaul, so rating my guesses from most to less probable:
Portugal / Henri Navigador
Ethiopia / someone modern, like in C5
alternate leader for America G Washington
Timurid or something in medieval central asia / Timur himself
Cherokee / ?
Hittites / ?
Austria / Albrecht v. Habsburg
Bulgaria / Simeon
Haiti / ?

There are really not many empty spaces.

Bulgaria-Boris I/Tsar Symeon
Wallachia-Dracula/Michael Viteazul
Serbia-Stefan Dusan
Hittites-Labarna/Muwatalli II
Ethiopia-Lalibela
Portugal-Henry the Navigator
Lithuania-Jogaila
Bohemia-Boreslaus the Great

My Personal Predictions (AKA: what I REALLY want to see)

Ireland - Brian Boru
Israel (ancient Israel, specifically) - David
Haiti - Jacques I
Argentina - Eva Peron
Cherokee - Ostenaco (look him up, he's cool)
Denmark - Canute
Vietnam - Le Thanh Tong
ALT Leader: America - Abraham Lincoln

(If I could only pick three of these to be added, I'd pick Ireland, the Cherokee, and Haiti, though I REAAALLY want Lincoln, too. Just to see him move and act in Civ 6's style would be awesome to me.)

BABYLONIAN (Hammurabi)
BYZANTINE (Irene)
ETHIOPIAN (Menelik II)
ITALIAN (Giuseppe Garibaldi)
MAYAN (Lady Six Sky)
NAVAJO (Narbona)
PORTUGUESE (Sebastian)
VIETNAMESE (Le Loi)

China/Mongolia (KUBLAI KHAN)

Runners Up: Argentina (Eva Perón), Colombia (Simón Bolivar), and Ireland (Brian Boru)

Sure, I'll bite

New Civs:

1. Portugal - Joao II
2. Mayans - Lady Six Sky
3. Ethiopia - Menelik II
4. Vietnam - Trung Sisters (yes, two leaders for the price of one :o)
5. Navajo - Manuelito
6. Assyria - Samurammat
7. Colombia - Bolivar
8. Tatars - Tamerlane

Alternative:
1. Rome - Constantine

I feel like we are being a bit presumptuous still. We think there's an expansion coming soon, but we don't know for sure either with regards to magnitude or time.

That being said (and since the rules permit changes at will), here's my prediction:

Babylon, Hammurabi
Byzantines, Alexios Komnenos
Colombia, Simon Bolivar
Italy, Garibaldi
Madagascar, Ranavelona
Mayans, Six Sky
Portugal, Joao I
Vietnam, Trung Trac
Alt-leader: Ramesses

I fully expect to make some changes upon announcement and revelation of the introductory video.
The only thing that gives me pause here is the lack of Ethiopia (based on the infamous leaker), but I could easily be wrong.

I would love Madagascar and Vietnam.

Babylon - Nebuchadnezzar
Maya - Six Sky
Ethiopia - Gudit/Yodit (however you want to spell it)
Byzantium - Alexios Komnenos
Portugal - Henry the Navigator
Italy - Lorenzo de’ Medici
Vietnam - Trung Trac
Navajo - Manuelito
Alt Leader - Kublai Khan (doubled up for Mongolia and China)

• Maya - Lady Six Sky
  • Portugal - Joao II
  • Ethiopia - Zara Yaqob
  • Assyria - Tiglath-Pileser III
  • Navajo - Manuelito
  • Italy - Cosimo De Medici
  • Burma - Bayinnaung
  • Benin - Idia
  • + Rome - Theodora

Top Bottom