[NFP] Which civs do you want to see in the season pack(s)

Rather awful special unit as housecarls are of norse origin.
I'd like to point out that both Saxons and Norse were Germanic. Also in civ 5 they were a unique unit of the anglo-saxons. (In one of the scenario)
As well as this I do believe they were used by king Harold Godwinson (A Saxon king) and King Alfred The Great (Also a Saxon king)

The Civs and Gamemodes I want

May: Latin America
Maya (Lady Six Sky),
Gran Colombia (Símon Bolívar)
Gamemode: Apocalypse (Natural Disaters)

July: Africa
Ethiopia (Menelik II or Zara Yaqob)
Gamemode: Secret Societies (Maybe expnading Espionage)

September: Europe
Ireland (Daniel O’Connel)
Romania (Vlad III)
Gamemode: Economic Enterprise (Something that expands on currency)

November: North America
Iroquois (Jigonsahsee)
Gamemode: Holy Beliefs (Something that expands Religion and Religious Victories)

January: Asia
Siam: (Rama I)
China/Mongolian (Kublai Khan)
Gamemode: Plague and Endemics (Something with a new health and pandemic system)

March: Oceania
New Zealand (I don’t know)
Gamemode: Age of Exploration (Something that expands on sailing)

These were just ones that popped up in my mind and made the other gamemode's names

Last edited:
Great suggestions guys ....

If not already quoted mine are :

Malaya
Malaysia already exists but there's none during Ancient eras ( but thanks to the ChimpG team anyway ). Leaders like Tun Perak and Iskandar are already there. Please include Hang Tuah and Hang Jebat and all those characters in the P.Ramlee ( 60's multi-talented unique entertainment icon ) movies ... just a thought.

The Kingdom of Langkasuka
Covering Thailand and Malaya.
Include characters from the great movie "Queens of Langkasuka".

Iceland
Igloos and Eskimos dominate the Tundra regions .... dont forget the Polar bears please .... hee hee

Shangrila
Religious and cultural bonuses for this one. Put Dalai Lama in there for tribute please.

My fantasy civ would be one with all characters from well-known western movies .... Clint Eastwood is a must ....

More ( perhaps ) later ...

I'd like to point out that both Saxons and Norse were Germanic. Also in civ 5 they were a unique unit of the anglo-saxons. (In one of the scenario)
As well as this I do believe they were used by king Harold Godwinson (A Saxon king) and King Alfred The Great (Also a Saxon king)
You do believe that?
Well, Mr President Donald Trump believe his father was born in Germany (or perhaps that his grandfather is his father) and in american pop culture they insist to believe that swedes are talking with german accent, so w/e..
Housecarl is clearly of norse origin in contrast to anglo-saxon and so are the name Harold Godwinson.
From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Godwin ..
The witan, preferring the claims of Harold to those of the late king's great-nephew, the boy Edgar Ætheling, elected him as king, and he was crowned the day after Edward's death. His reign was to last just nine months, and, as the Anglo-Saxon Chronicle says, "he met little quiet in it as long as he ruled the realm".
I'm in no way an expert of English history, but the Godwins' reign were rather a product of good relations with Danes than to the House of Wessex.

King Alfred The Great would be interesting - could have Burh as UI that add some yields to adjacent tiles and, upon being DoWed, spawn a militia unit, Fyrd (UU) that would last like other levied units.

May: Latin America
Maya (Lady Six Sky),

July: Africa
Ethiopia (Iyasu I ኢያሱ)

September: North America
Iroquois (Tadodaho) - The first one, from ~1200
Haiti (Toussaint L'Overture)

November: Europe
Romania (Vlad III)

January: Asia
Israel: (Salomon)
China/Mongolian (Kublai Khan)

March: Africa
Dahomey (Ghezo or Glele)

Pack 1 (Central/South America): Maya (Lady Six Sky) & Gran Colombia (Simon Bolivar)
Pack 2 (Africa): Ethiopia (Ezana or Haile Selassie)
Pack 3 (Europe): Finland (Mannerheim) and Italy (Lorenzo de Medici)
Pack 4 (Western North America): Diné/Navajo (Hástiin Dághá (Barboncito))
Pack 5 (East Asia): Burma (Bayinnuang) & Japan (Himiko)
Pack 6 (Oceania): Hawai'i (Kamehameha I)

If there will be a second pack:

Pack 1 (North America): Inuit (Ekuehnick) & Texas (Sam Houston)
Pack 2 (Middle East): Babylon (Hammurabi)
Pack 3 (Africa): Swahili (Al-Hasan ibn Sulaiman) & Ashanti (Osei Tutu)
Pack 4 (Anatolia): Byzantines (Theodora) and Ottomans (Mehmed the Conquerer)
Pack 5 (Iberia): Portugal (Joao II)
Pack 6 (Asia): Vietnam (Trưng Trắc)

Last edited:
For the purposes of this list, I shall assume there will not be a second pass after this one.

What I want:
1st pack: Maya (Six Sky) and Gran Colombia (Bolivar) [civilizations and leaders confirmed]
2nd pack: Ethiopia (Ezana) [civilization confirmed]
3rd pack: Portugal (Maria I or Joao II) and Byzantium (Theodora or Justinian)
4th pack: Powhatan (Wahunsenacawh)
5th pack: Vietnam (Le Loi or Trung Trac) and Kublai Khan
6th pack Morocco (Ahamd al-Mansur or Sayyida al Hurra)

1st Season Pass

1st Pack (America's) - Already known to be Maya (Lady Six Sky) and Gran Colombia (Simon Bolivar)
2nd Pack (Africa) - Ethiopia (Taytu Betul)
3rd Pack (Ancient Civilisations) - Hittites (Puduhepa) and Egypt Alternate Leader (Hatshepsut)
4th Pack (Europe) - Byzantines (Pulcheria)
5th Pack (Asia) - Mughals (Nur Jahan) and Vietnam (Trung Trac and Trung Nhi)
6th Pack (Middle East) - Yemen (Arwa al-Sulayhi)

2nd Season Pass

1st Pack (Sub Saharan Africa) - Benin (Idia) and Matamba (Nzinga)
2nd Pack (North America) - Iroquois (Jigonhsasee) and Mississippians (Tuskaloosa)
3rd Pack (Italy) - Sicily (Robert Guiscard) and Tuscany (Matilda)
4th Pack (Middle East) - Assyria (Shammuramat) and Palmyra (Zenobia)
5th Pack (Asia) - Burma (Kyansittha) and China Alternate Leader (Yongle)
6th Pack (Europe) - Ireland (Grace O'Malley) and Portugal (Manuel I)

Byzantium? You mean the Romans? They are already in...

I'd suggest the Hittites, the most famous ancient culture that is missing. I'd also like to see the Huns, Assyrians and Babylonians.

I do not understand such a craze for Kubilai Khan. Certainly it is an ideal and logical leader for China and Mongolia. Only, I oppose two arguments:
First, he is a close successor of Genghis Khan who is already in the game, (Genghis dies in 1227, Kublai takes power in 1271) and as the developers seek to diversify the eras take two leaders as close chronologically to lead the same country seems to me hardly conceivable.
Secondly, I don't see what Kubilai Khan can bring to the Mongolian civilization present in the game. Mongolia is a warrior civilization, mainly centered on horses. Give it a cultural boost (legitimate in Kublai moreover, especially with the welcome of Marco Polo, the development of Chinese arts etc) would therefore make no sense. However, on the military level, Kublai continued the policy of expansion of Genghis, which does not give it a particular originality on this point. Here I think that the leader system must also provide an alternative way of achieving the ends of the civilization. If the criteria of the leader are too close to the old, or does not make sense with the civilization, I do not see the point.

Last edited:
I do not understand such a craze for Kubilai Khan. Certainly it is an ideal and logical leader for China and Mongolia. Only, I oppose two arguments:
First, he is a close successor of Genghis Khan who is already in the game, (Genghis dies in 1227, Kublai takes power in 1271) and as the developers seek to diversify the eras take two leaders as close chronologically to lead the same country seems to me hardly conceivable.
Secondly, I don't see what Kubilai Khan can bring to the Mongolian civilization present in the game. Mongolia is a warrior civilization, mainly centered on horses. Give it a cultural boost (legitimate in Kublai moreover, especially with the welcome of Marco Polo, the development of Chinese arts etc) would therefore make no sense. However, on the military level, Kublai continued the policy of expansion of Genghis, which does not give it a particular originality on this point. Here I think that the leader system must also provide an alternative way of achieving the ends of the civilization. If the criteria of the leader are too close to the old, or does not make sense with the civilization, I do not see the point.
Maybe he would have both culture and military bonuses. He'd certainly make China more aggressive and Mongolia more cultural. And the first group of alt. leaders, Gorgo and Pericles, lived in the same era but were still diversified, so I don't think that matters.

Though come to think of it, I just realized the possibility of him building a Great Wall. :crazyeye: He is not my first choice for an alt. leader but still an interesting one and probably the most likely since the pack will need R&F.

The only real candidates for a 2nd leader from Rise and Fall are Mongolia and the Dutch. Korea maybe. They could throw us a wildcard and have one of the William of Oranges or Johan de Witt for the Netherlands. But Kublai is the best guess since Mongolia is kind of a one note civ.

Maybe he would have both culture and military bonuses. He'd certainly make China more aggressive and Mongolia more cultural. And the first group of alt. leaders, Gorgo and Pericles, lived in the same era but were still diversified, so I don't think that matters.

Though come to think of it, I just realized the possibility of him building a Great Wall. :crazyeye: He is not my first choice for an alt. leader but still an interesting one and probably the most likely since the pack will need R&F.
I really don't see how Mongolia could benefit from cultural bonuses since all of its other bonuses are war-oriented. The bonus of Genghis seems to me more essential, since it increases the power of the cavalry, and that the Ordöo and the Keshik benefits considerably from the synergy with the leader.
Then, it is true that Pericles and Gorgo lived at the same time, but the geographical context was particular. There was not really Greece, but a succession of cities-states united (league of Délios) or which clashed (war of the Peloponnesus). Thus, Sparta and Athens did not have much in common on the political level (oligarchy / democracy), values, arts, customs and rites etc. So the times may be the same, the Greek cities that these two leaders represent are sufficiently different to diversify Greece. This is not, it seems to me, the case with Kubilai Khan who, in my opinion, has a story too close to that of his grandfather, being the political and military continuity of Genghis. But I recognize that the double leader in itself is logical and legitimate.
On the other hand, it would be funny if a Mongolian emperor could build a Chinese wall. Wall which was originally intended to defend China from the Mongol threat.

Last edited:
The only real candidates for a 2nd leader from Rise and Fall are Mongolia and the Dutch. Korea maybe. They could throw us a wildcard and have one of the William of Oranges or Johan de Witt for the Netherlands. But Kublai is the best guess since Mongolia is kind of a one note civ.
I doubt the Dutch solely because we just got a dual leader from Europe, but it would still be logical over the others. That would make Chandragupta the only alt. leader not from Europe.

I really don't see how Mongolia could benefit from cultural bonuses since all of its other bonuses are war-oriented. The bonus of Genghis seems to me more essential, since it increases the power of the cavalry, and that the Ordöo and the Keshik benefits considerably from the synergy with the leader.
I don't know. Something easier they could do is make an ability that synergizes with the trade routes already in the Civ ability. Make it more gold focused and something to do with luxury resources a.k.a. a "Silk Road" ability. You need gold and amenities for war anyway.

I really want an alt for Rome, England, or Germany.

Alfred The Great for England (or just give us the Saxons!)
Otto 1 The Great for Germany
Marcus Aurelius for Rome

There is no Hebrew civ at all in 4/5/6, so I do expect to see it in any pack, just to impactful on history to forget about 3 times in a row

I also want any vietnamese / laotian leader.

From Europe Portugal is a must, I would be glad to see Bulgaria, Croatia or Serbia or other south Slavic

3. Israel and Babylon
4. Switzerland
5. Carthage & Celts
6. Inuit

Wouldn't mind a new leader for Brazil. I feel they play a little stale.

I also don't too exciting with Kublai Khan, but I need to admit he is a good choice to a new leader in Asia because he can lead two Civs who are already in the game, that mean it will be easier to do and will help boost sales in Asia.

May
Maya (Lady Six Sky),

July
Ethiopia (Iyasu I ኢያሱ)

September NORTH AMERICA
Iroquois
(Tadodaho) - The first one, from 1142

Haiti (Toussaint L'Overture)

November AFRICA
Oyo
Two Leaders.