The Frozen City

I was able to find some time today to finish Part 3!
Enjoy! :thumbsup:

[font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]The Frozen City Part Three: Return of the Mistwalkers[/font]
Long thought dead, two men return to The Frozen City as heroes.

As the Stormwinds continued their fight against the Barbarian swarm, a yell from the west side of the city echoed through the houses. Women and their children ran to see what warranted such a yell, and from atop the hill, two figures could be seen striding from the mist and across the unfinished farm and towards the Brumal River. When they came upon the town, they were quickly recognized as the remaining two Mistwalkers who had long since been assumed dead. The Mistwalkers crossed the river and climbed the hill into the City, escaping the notice of the assaulting barbarians. Celebrations rang throughout the city at their miraculous return, and they were hailed as heroes.
Spoiler :

The surviving Mistwalkers are soon shown to be the wisest among the people, and are unanimously chosen as leaders for The Frozen City. Rapidly, and oligarchy naturally formed around the two men and their families, and the entire city began to follow their will, for better or worse.

Spoiler :

Their survival was credited both to the surviving Mistwalker's incredible will, and to whatever unknown force had watched over them. Great celebrations were given whenever one of the members of the leading families brought life into the cold world. These fertility rites encouraged much growth throughout the city, and life became even more cherished among the citizens.
Spoiler :

While the barbarian attacks had become scarcer thanks to Stormwind enforcement, a new sort of enemy arrived near the southern outskirts. When the fighting men went out the meet them, many were put down by never-before seen projectiles. Though many losses were taken, these new barbarian enemies could not protect themselves at close range and were quickly cut down. Their weapons were gathered and brought back to the city. The weapon-smiths and carpenters examined what are now know to be bows and soon replicated enough of them to give to another group of fighters. These men, called the "Hailstorms" for their new and unique method of warfare, took station around the city. With the combined might of the Stormwinds and the Hailstorms, the remaining Barbarians were beaten back for the foreseeable future.

Spoiler :

Soon new Mistwalkers were inducted to take the place of those that had gone before them, and they began to follow the mountain north. Cresting a hill, the Mistwalkers scanned the valley and mountain pass before them. Smoke hugged the mountains as it rose through the valley; thrown into the sky by the campfires that birthed it. Surrounding the campfires were barbarians, many hundreds of them. The lead Mistwalker went to a knee and hung his head; the wars against the lesser barbarian tribes would not end with the last assault.
Spoiler :

So there you have it, Part 3!
This was kind of a fluke, and I have no idea when Part 4 will come, sorry.

Once again, any questions about in-game specifics welcome, as well as any feedback about anything.

Good update.

I take it that's your worker the barbs have in the last pic....

It's official, I've packed up the computer that had all of my my notes/screenshots/savefile etc.
Moving into the new house Friday. This confirms that another part won't come 'til next week, if not later. Just letting you all know!

I'll be watching for the next part, and I hope your moving goes good.

Hello!
The move went well, but I am typing this from a public wifi access spot.
This is because I am having much trouble getting internet installed in my new home, because it is quite in the middle of nowhere :lol:.

The story isn't dead, though. Just delayed until this problem is solved at some undetermined point.

Glad your moving went well. I'll be watchin' for this story.

Can't wait for the new part, hope everything is fine and soon you'll be able to entertain the crowd with the amazing story:)

Fan fiction at its second best (Princes of the Universe is still #1) :)

Pacing is great, and keep the screenshots coming. Can you catch the combats in action? That always seem cool.

Looking forward to the next installment.

And, sorry, I cannot resist, typing this in the middle of a blizzard: Permafrost doesn't thaw. Hence the name ;-)

And, sorry, I cannot resist, typing this in the middle of a blizzard: Permafrost doesn't thaw. Hence the name ;-)

I was wondering when someone would catch that! I spent too much time trying to think of a way to explain the building of a farm, and got a bit lazy :p

Anyway, the inspiration behind farming in The Frozen City comes from here:
http://www.meyersfarm.net/

Here's a short article about that Alaskan farm:
http://seedstock.com/2012/02/27/far...aska-farm-sustainably-produces-pristine-food/

Interesting stuff.

This is a very interesting story and I would like to try this sometime when I know how to do this.:goodjob:

This is great! :D I love the idea of barbarians and snowy cities. Maybe it will be like the snowy city in Tales of Symphonia once it grows! I can't wait ^_^

Love the story. You should give the barbarians a name. How about the Luzmë, the Albanian word for "horde." Keep up the good work. :)

Hello everybody!

It's been a really long time, but I come bearing terrible news.
The reason I stopped this so suddenly was because the computer on which I had this game died.
I did manage to pull the hard drive, but I currently have no way to get the save off of it.

this means that I would either have to start over at some point, or try something else to get it back.

Is anyone still interested in seeing this continue? If so, it might convince me to retrace my steps on another tilted axis map and then continue.

Top Bottom