The Frozen

2. What text are you talking about? I thought I had got rid of all of this old text.

On the Infernal Capital, you get +1 Research, Gold, and Culture per Ashen Veil City. This is included in the Frozen Capital but instead of Ashen Veil Symbol for frozen it has religious hand symbol. Taranis is Agnostic and has no Official Religion, so the text for bonus research gold and culture is useless. Check it for yourself.

I've released a Fall Further version with those errors fixed. Here is a link.

If there are no other errors in the Fall from Heaven 2 version, I'll release patch 0.7a soon.

just a suggestion and I am sure many have already mentioned it in one form or another. Tar Demons are part of Mulcarns hell and would fit into this simply because of that.

Actually, no one mentioned it, so thanks! :) I totally forgot about Tar Demons... I have an idea on how to make them work- they're already a summonable unit by Planar Gates, so I'll have a Frozen UB have a random chance of making Tar Demons.

you mentioned about 45 have downloaded this so far :) don't worry it sounds great I am just waiting for a more stable version (and I am sure many others also). You have attracted [to_xp]Gekko so that means something ;). (To [to_xp]Gekko, you need to change your sub-title from FF junkie to ModMod Junkie ;))

you mentioned about 45 have downloaded this so far :) don't worry it sounds great I am just waiting for a more stable version (and I am sure many others also). You have attracted [to_xp]Gekko so that means something ;). (To [to_xp]Gekko, you need to change your sub-title from FF junkie to ModMod Junkie ;))

maybe I will :p

I like this quite a bit... I tend to avoid 'Summonable' civs, but I think this one fits nicely. Would you mind if I merged the finished product into FFPlus? :mischief:

I wouldn't mind at all. You could use the Fall Further version when it's finished- that would probably be easier then starting with the FFH 2 one.

I've released patch v0.7a. All of the fixes in this patch have been done to the Fall Further version as well, in that I fixed them there before releasing it. You can get it in a download page linked in the first post.

If there are any other bugs, I'll fix them in another patch before moving onto Blizzards and other Ice Terrain stuff.

I'll test the new patch, but as a word of advice, you should probably test the mod before release if you haven't been already, I get the feeling that many of the bugs could have been found by you previously.

I'll test the new patch, but as a word of advice, you should probably test the mod before release if you haven't been already, I get the feeling that many of the bugs could have been found by you previously.

I have limited time to bug-test. In fact, I have limited time to mod in the first place. I usually do brief tests to make sure "important" stuff like the actual summoning still works, but many things are only found by playing through an entire game. Further, most of my tests I set up via Worldbuilder to try and "replicate" conditions. It's better to test them under the real in-game conditions then in "replicated" conditions.

Some things I did test closely. For instance, since I knew the Kocrachon used wacky code in python and XML (or rather, code I had never utilized before), I conducted tests, and fixed several bugs. I also intended to conduct more in-depth tests for the Fall Further version, but after finding a bug on flipping to the Frozen (or the Infernals for that matter) I spent most of my time trying to fix it before discovering it was an error in Fall Further, not the mod. But I assumed some other things would work, and obviously they have not.

So, there would have actually been more bugs if I didn't do the testing I did, but I didn't have the time for more advanced testing. I appreciate you helping me out with this; giving feedback and bug reports so I can fix them as soon as possible.

I'm going to try to play an MP game with the Frozen Civ if possible. I was very satisfied with my SP game. I got to Summon the Frozen Civ, the Wintering Spell worked correctly, and I got to make the Ascension Ritual and have Taranis actually Ascend. I was very satisfied.

1. I like the Evil Ice Elf Druid Unit a lot. Regarding the Summon frosted forest ability, or whatever, I wasn't able to cast it because I had already casted wintering and everything was Ice/Blizzard. Perhaps it should be castable under those conditions?

2. My Hawks were suffering Cold Damage from the Blizzards, a couple of other units might have at times (Frozen Souls, and Great People took Blizzard Damage)

3. I like the Swamp of Souls building, it gives me a reason to get the Sanitation tech, I'm not sure about the name however. I don't usually associate swamps with ice

4. Wintering Worldspell was given at Arcane Lore (your post says back to sorcery from Arcane Lore, leading me to believe that the spell would be given at Sorcery)

5. I can build mana nodes in blizzards, I'm very happy

6. Gifting bug from Hyborem is still present. Gifted cities don't have Frozen Citizens

7. Barbarians are still my friends and won't attack me, but I can attack them

8. I'm feeling pretty good. I can go Recon Route to Druids and then Magic route, or Magic Route and then Recon Route to Druids. I don't feel gimped either way and this increases joy.

9. I know it's a temporary measure, but Liches look the same as Archmages (not that big of a deal, but still, and please don't block Liches)

10. Asended Unit is kind of Anticlimactic. He gets hurt real easily, and while my other units have march and heal every turn, Asended has to wait a few turns. Perhaps letting the Avatar get promotions would be good.

11. My Winterborn units (as frozen civ) can still get Wintered Promotion that replaces winterborn (not sure if this is intentional).

From Kael's 'Layers of Hell' thread in the Lore Forum:

Vault of Mulcarn said:
The vault is dominated by a great mountain. The mountain is larger than any on Erebus, it is steep, rigid and punishing. The pinnacle is called the throne of hell (not an actual throne) and is the main gateway between the hells and Erebus (in the Fane of Lessers) and the portal through which souls are drawn into hell.

The mountain gets colder the higher you climb, and its base and rocky spires are hunted by the remaining servants of Mulcarn, frost giants, frostlings, aquilan and the nive.

Below a vast waste slopes away from the mountain. The rough tundra turns into a swamp. Each step through the swamp is a battle and the languid pools pull at anyone trying to get through them. Beneath the surface the largest source of petitioners in hell are trapped, this is the purgatory for the non-committal. They lay here for ages, consuming their own excrement and feeling nothing but slight pain and lethargy. In time they will overcome their passive nature and continue down into hell, but for now they are victims of their own inaction. Tar demons are pulled form these pools, gelatinous blobs with little humanity remaining.

There are creatures in the swamp, mites and bugs that leaving horrid burning blisters where they bite. They are not deadly, most that travel here are immortal, but the creatures steal the strength of those that pass through the swamp, inviting petitioners to lay beneath the black waters and succumb to mindless eternity that this realm offers.

So a swamp is quite fitting, actually. Also where the Kochrachons are from, I believe.

I'm going to try to play an MP game with the Frozen Civ if possible. I was very satisfied with my SP game. I got to Summon the Frozen Civ, the Wintering Spell worked correctly, and I got to make the Ascension Ritual and have Taranis actually Ascend. I was very satisfied.

1. I like the Evil Ice Elf Druid Unit a lot. Regarding the Summon frosted forest ability, or whatever, I wasn't able to cast it because I had already casted wintering and everything was Ice/Blizzard. Perhaps it should be castable under those conditions?

2. My Hawks were suffering Cold Damage from the Blizzards, a couple of other units might have at times (Frozen Souls, and Great People took Blizzard Damage)

3. I like the Swamp of Souls building, it gives me a reason to get the Sanitation tech, I'm not sure about the name however. I don't usually associate swamps with ice

4. Wintering Worldspell was given at Arcane Lore (your post says back to sorcery from Arcane Lore, leading me to believe that the spell would be given at Sorcery)

5. I can build mana nodes in blizzards, I'm very happy

6. Gifting bug from Hyborem is still present. Gifted cities don't have Frozen Citizens

7. Barbarians are still my friends and won't attack me, but I can attack them

8. I'm feeling pretty good. I can go Recon Route to Druids and then Magic route, or Magic Route and then Recon Route to Druids. I don't feel gimped either way and this increases joy.

9. I know it's a temporary measure, but Liches look the same as Archmages (not that big of a deal, but still, and please don't block Liches)

10. Asended Unit is kind of Anticlimactic. He gets hurt real easily, and while my other units have march and heal every turn, Asended has to wait a few turns. Perhaps letting the Avatar get promotions would be good.

11. My Winterborn units (as frozen civ) can still get Wintered Promotion that replaces winterborn (not sure if this is intentional).

#10 should be rectified in v0.9, where I intend to make the Ascended into far more powerful units, giving them more spells and other capabilities.

#9 would be easily fixed if I had good graphics for a Frozen archmage. The Infernal ones I'm using (The Illians have no Archmage graphics) are identical to Liches.

#7 is strange. I'm not sure why this happens...

What happens in #6? When Hyborem gifts you a city, the city does not have Frozen Souls? Does it have Demonic Citizens?

As for #4... I thought I had fixed this. Evidently I had not, sorry.

In addition to Valkrionn's explanation of #3, I'm going to make the Swamp of Souls have a random chance of producing a Tar Demon every turn or so, to fit with the lore pattern (that they are basically "outlets" for the swamp in Mulcarn's hell).

#2 is probably because I haven't given Ice Demon to all their units, but I forgot to allow for this in the python... I'll fix this in the next patch.

I'll also investigate #1. In my test (see, I did a test) I could cast it both on plots with a Forest and no Snow, and on plots with Snow and no Forest. If there are plots in your empire that have snow but not forests, you should be able to cast it.

just a question, I notice most ice demons have winterborn and Icedemon promotion, with a chance of gaining wintered. Is it intended for wintered, ice demon, and winterborn promotions to all be present at the same time?

Also, is it intended that demonslaying does not affect Ice demons?

just a question, I notice most ice demons have winterborn and Icedemon promotion, with a chance of gaining wintered. Is it intended for wintered, ice demon, and winterborn promotions to all be present at the same time?

Also, is it intended that demonslaying does not affect Ice demons?

No, they should not have Wintered. That's another bug I need to fix...

I don't think I can make Demonslaying affect Ice Demons easily. I could maybe do it in python, but I'm not sure that would work. I never thought of that- it's not intended.

recently the Illians built Tum Tum in your mod. .... How??

OOS every time the Frozen Capture a city
OOS when Frozen cast their Worldspell

The capture the city oos may be related to Hyborem's new coding after patch d which causes OOSes

Top Bottom