The Frozen

recently the Illians built Tum Tum in your mod. .... How??

I have no idea. According to CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml it shouldn't be possible.

By "built" you mean you got a popup saying "Auric Ulvin has created Tum Tum"?

OOS every time the Frozen Capture a city
OOS when Frozen cast their Worldspell

The capture the city oos may be related to Hyborem's new coding after patch d which causes OOSes

The capture the city OOS probably does has the same cause as Hyborem's OOS. Until Kael solves that, I really have no idea what would have to be done to fix it. I assume that you also got an OOS when switching to Taranis in the first place, just like how it happens with Hyborem and Basium?

I saw no pop up for Tum Tum. It happened in my SP game as Frozen, I gave Illians benefit of the doubt and thought maybe they converted Tum Tum, but that's highly doubtful. Somehow Illians are building Tum Tum.

Patch d does not have Hyborem OOS problem. Patch g does have Hyborem OOS problem. Just examine the differences between them

Edit: Barbarians are your very strange friends. Goblins can't attack my cities but when they go towards my cities, they kick everyone in the cities out. This means that Taranis appears adjacent to his city and can't return to it.

I got a pop-up that Tum Tum had been created. I thought the pop up was related to the Illians. However, I declared war upon them and lo and behold, Tum Tum killed one of my champions :( ... and that was just the opening move. Much withdrawal rate caused Tum Tum to eventually get combat 5 and drill 4, and at that point it was impossible to take over their last city.

Okay, for some odd reason I needed two checks for TumTum in the Doviello and Illian civilization info. Anyway; that bug has been fixed.

I still haven't been able to fix the barbarian bug. Even making the Frozen declare war on the barbarians in the python didn't solve the issue. And this appears in the Fall Further version as well. Unless there are any other major issues I've forgotten or have not yet been reported, I'm probably going to release patch b as is.

By all means release incremental fixes (patch b), just remember that the other issues (AI gifting you a city doesn't give you Frozen Citizens, OOSes, barbs as you mentioned, etc.) are just as important.

Peace and keep up the good work :) ,
Bill

I've released patch b. It does everything listed in the changelog. I also moved some code around in the code triggered when the Frozen capture a city. I don't know if this will solve the OOS issue, though, so I didn't announce it. It actually might fix the bug where gifted cities don't have Frozen Souls also, if my theory on how onCityAcquiredAndKept is triggered is correct... I can't promise anything! :(

This might be revving an old thread,but I found something..I'm not sure if its been reported..But after summoning liberation,then summoning the draw,and the ascension..I captured the city with Seven Pines I managed to declare peace with all the players,and then I had diplomacy with them again,after that I declared war on Decius,then I no longer had diplomacy...Is this supposed to happen (I know the no diplomacy after the draw is right,but everything else)

This might be revving an old thread,but I found something..I'm not sure if its been reported..But after summoning liberation,then summoning the draw,and the ascension..I captured the city with Seven Pines I managed to declare peace with all the players,and then I had diplomacy with them again,after that I declared war on Decius,then I no longer had diplomacy...Is this supposed to happen (I know the no diplomacy after the draw is right,but everything else)

No... Actually, I'm going to release v0.8 soon, as a matter of fact... I was finalizing stuff and debating whether I should wait for the next FFH patch.

The bug you are reporting is probably a FFH bug, not something I've done. Do you get the same results if you do this as the Illians? If you do, you should report this in the FFH bug thread. I have not messed with the Draw ritual or the Peace spell. It could be, of course, that there's a check in the Seven Pines version of Peace to block the Illians from using it... I'll have to investigate.

Thought you'd be interested in this....

The new version of FFPlus has the Frozen in it, so there have been a few reports.

Things like Frozen units gaining Wintered, Wintered being OP, Frozen gaining Frozen Souls when their own units die, etc... Bugs that need fixing, :lol:

Then, Deon made this post... I think you'll be rather interested in what it contains. ;) I know I for one will be using it.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=8541522&postcount=393

Thought you'd be interested in this....

The new version of FFPlus has the Frozen in it, so there have been a few reports.

Things like Frozen units gaining Wintered, Wintered being OP, Frozen gaining Frozen Souls when their own units die, etc... Bugs that need fixing, :lol:

Then, Deon made this post... I think you'll be rather interested in what it contains. ;) I know I for one will be using it.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=8541522&postcount=393

I thought I fixed some of those bugs, but I'll look into it for v0.8, and fix them.

That palace art is definitely going in v0.8.... which I was about to release, then Patch i came out, and now there's some stuff I have to fix/merge.

Would you mind if I opened a thread (or if you opened such a thread) in the FF+ forum for Frozen related issues? That way, I can keep better track of them (not saying you have a lot of bugs, but I had to go digging in the bug thread to find the posts you mentioned), and I can also add whatever changes are made for FF+ to the FFH version.

Winterborn units should not be able to gain Wintered. If I said they should, it's a mistake. I'll fix it in v0.8.

I thought in one of my own patches I fixed their own units generating Frozen souls. But yeah, this also needs to be fixed.

In general, assume it's a bug, because it probably was, as most of the core Frozen stuff I wrote a while ago, when I was just cloning the Infernals (for instance, the spawning of Frozen Souls), and haven't had time to bugcheck or fine tune.

v0.8 has been released! See the first post for the extensive changelog, including Blizzards, changes to the Wintered/Frozen Soul mechanic, and some balancing.

As always, report any bugs you find here.

A Fall Further update will happen whenever I have time to port my changes to the FF version, and upgrade that to the latest Fall Further patch.

Credits go to Deon, Gravage, Swinkscalibur, 2Hydroclopse, Breez, Schwarzbart, Brokenbone, jimmythes, who provided feedback in the FF+ discussion thread I created and influenced several of the changes.

Is this a typo?

...yes, it was. I copy-pasted it from the list of bugs, and that was a bug. It should say something like "Your units no longer turn into Frozen Souls." I fixed it on the readme, too... but just forgot to fix it here.

I've fixed it now.

I was going to release a patch, but I decided to just update to 0.41j, and that meant a full mod anyway, so... I've released v0.9.

It doesn't have a lot of major changes, but it does make the Ascended units have access to two additional spells- one, a greater version of Slow with a 2-plot radius, similar to the greater version of Snowfall they already have. And then a summon spell letting a player pick what set of creatures to summon- it brings up a menu allowing you to summon some frostlings, ice elementals, winter wolves, etc, for a turn.

Full changelog:

-Made compatible with patch 0.41j
-Auric/Taranis Ascended now can cast a version of Slow with a 2-plot radius
-Auric/Taranis Ascended now can summon many different ice creatures
-Fixed bug where units with Blizzard Caller could not cast Call Blizzard
-Fixed bug where Ice Demon could be dispelled by Dispel Magic
-Changed Taranis's diplo music to the Age of Ice theme
-Frozen Temples of the Hand now only freeze the BFC, nothing beyond it
-If the Frozen have died, and units are still Nested by the Kocrachon, they produce barbarian units
-Balance changes to Blizzards: many less water tiles turned into ice
-Liberation now grants the summoning civilization a few ice golems
-If Blizzards are not in Frozen or Illian lands, they have an extra chance to "die"
-Scorch can now remove water ice within one plot of the caster.
-The Dedicate Monument event now has an option for the Frozen as well

Yes, it's a ritual prereq, but it could do some specific Frozen\Illian things as well if you need it to, or you could just get rid of it if you solve the problem in CIV4ProjectInfos.xml:

Because the prereq civ tag in CIV4ProjectInfos.xml is a string rather than an array, I decided to use a technology to tie a project to two civs. Unfortunately, CIV4ProjectInfos.xml does not have prereq tech arrays either. So I decided the simplest way to do it without adding said arrays in the SDK would be to use the cannotCreate callback in CvGameUtils.py and tie all rituals for the Illians to this, removing the prereq civ check in the XML. Then I gave the tech to the Illians and Frozen and made it unresearchable.

(Actually, it occurs to me now that I don't need two event tags for the Illian and Frozen versions of the Dedicate Monument event... I could just make both events require Winter Tech.)

Yes, it's a ritual prereq, but it could do some specific Frozen\Illian things as well if you need it to, or you could just get rid of it if you solve the problem in CIV4ProjectInfos.xml:

Because the prereq civ tag in CIV4ProjectInfos.xml is a string rather than an array, I decided to use a technology to tie a project to two civs. Unfortunately, CIV4ProjectInfos.xml does not have prereq tech arrays either. So I decided the simplest way to do it without adding said arrays in the SDK would be to use the cannotCreate callback in CvGameUtils.py and tie all rituals for the Illians to this, removing the prereq civ check in the XML. Then I gave the tech to the Illians and Frozen and made it unresearchable.

(Actually, it occurs to me now that I don't need two event tags for the Illian and Frozen versions of the Dedicate Monument event... I could just make both events require Winter Tech.)

Good, I can remove it. ;)

I've changed the PrereqCiv tag in projects to an array... Can list however many I want. :goodjob:

Top Bottom