The game doesn't start after downloading

Azuregos

Chieftain
Hi, I've got a problem with Civ5: I downloaded the game (Complete Edition) from Steam and installed it without any problem. Then I tried to launch the game, but it doesn't start: after the window where you have to choose between DirectX 9 or 10/11, nothing happens, Civ5 simply doesn't start.
Can you help me? I've tried to update my video drivers but it was useless... The latest version of DirectX was obviously installed with the game... So I don't know what to do...

Thank you in advance for any help! :)

PS: I can't even understand why I can't choose the DirectX 10-11 option, since I have these versions installed... It says I need Service Pack 2 or greater, but they don't exist!

Hello, first of all I have to point out that I'm no tech wizard so I'll do my best to offer help :)

I had a similar problem with the game:

I am running it on a laptop MSI GE60 with win7 with latest sp on. I was playing the game with power source plugged in, and then I pulled the plug, since ME60 has 2 GPUs on it it switched to the inferior one, when I quit the game then restarted game didn't work, I reinstalled the game + latest DX from the game folder plus C++ addition (in game folder), then it didn't work on steam online mode so I went offline on Steam, the game started working, then I went online on Steam, right now it's working fine, so if you're running on a laptop or a desktop with 2 GPUs on, I think the game cannot switch between the inferior and the superior one and crashes, also try forcing the game on your GPU.

Since you didn't specify much (your specs mostly :)) I hope what I offered could be some help.

Top Bottom