[GRAPHICS] The Great Spirit (Sioux Wonder)

SayHayKid

Warlord
I needed a Civ specific great wonder for the Sioux. I couldn't find anything in the library or on the forums. So, I tried to make my own, but ... The graphic doesn't show up in the game. The splash works and Civlopedia works, but the building small and large icons aren't working on the city and production screens. As I have no clue about these things, I was wondering of there was anybody who could check what did I wrong and give me any tips?

Anyhow, thanks for any assistance.

Attachments

• The Great Spirit.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Here is a preview.

GreatSpirit-large.jpg

Wonder Splash
GreatSpirit-splash.jpg

Checked the icons for the buildings-files, and they look OK with the correct colormaps. Only thing is that they are 2pixels too large in both height and width. Crop them to the correct size (32x32 and 40x50) and just paste them in to the buildings-files. If they still doesn't show up, it might be a problem with the building's entry in pediaicons file (defined as SINGLE, and the correct number pointing to the icon's position in the buildings_large/small.pcx).

I needed a Civ specific great wonder for the Sioux. I couldn't find anything in the library or on the forums. So, I tried to make my own, but ...

@SayHayKid
In the past, I included several native wonders in my Earth mod, it's worth a look, soon I will share my graphic works here on civilization fanatic, I will also publish these native American wonders and buildings over time.

If you are interested, you can find the mentioned mod here:
https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/earth-mod.18744/

Last edited:
You copy pasted them into the right slot in the ...\Art\City Screen files?
You were right. I kept double-checking, but I had it in the wrong City Screen folder. Doh!
@SayHayKid
In the past, I included several native wonders in my Earth mod, it's worth a look, soon I will share my graphic works here on civilization fanatic, I will also publish these native American wonders and buildings over time.

If you are interested, you can find the mentioned mod here:
https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/earth-mod.18744/
Thanks. I'll check it out.

The graphic doesn't show up in the game. The splash works and Civlopedia works, but the building small and large icons aren't working on the city and production screens. As I have no clue about these things, I was wondering of there was anybody who could check what did I wrong and give me any tips?

1) If the graphic is not visible in civilopedia, then the game cannot find the set image, which must be 32x32x256 pixels and 128x128x256, if the appearance of the file is 32x32x16M or 128x128x16M, then it will not appear in civilopedia.

2) If you do not see the image of the building in the city screen, you must check in the PediaIcons.txt file whether buildings-large.pcx(50x40 pixels) and buildings-small.pcx( 32x32 pixels) for a file.
3) Additional setting in the PediaIcons.txt file to be in Single status, because if it is in Culture or Era status, then multiple images must be set accordingly.

In PediaIcons.txt file:

#ICON_BLDG_Palace
CULTURE - this code shows that it sorts the image according to 5 cultures, here you can see a different picture depending on the culture, every culture sees it differently if it is set differently
0-this number shows the location of the image in buildings files
art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\palaceamerlarge.pcx
art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\palaceeurlarge.pcx
art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\palaceromlarge.pcx
art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\palacemealarge.pcx
art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\palacefealarge.pcx
art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\palaceamersmall.pcx
art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\palaceeursmall.pcx
art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\palaceromsmall.pcx
art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\palacemeasmall.pcx
art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\palacefeasmall.pcx

#ICON_BLDG_Granary
ERA - this code shows that it sorts the image according to 4 eras, here you can see a picture that changes from era to era.
2-this number shows the location of the image in buildings files
art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\granarymodlarge.pcx
art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\granarymodsmall.pcx

#ICON_BLDG_Cinema
SINGLE - in this case it only shows one image, every culture sees it. It is worth using this for wonders.
19-this number shows the location of the image in buildings files
art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\indrusrial_1_large.pcx
art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\indrusrial_1_small.pcx

Finally, if all values are set in the PediaIcons.txt, in the civilization 3 editor you have to find the pedia icon link that you have to assign to the set miracle or building

Attachments

• Civ3-edit-wonders&building-2023.jpg
    Civ3-edit-wonders&building-2023.jpg
    476.9 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Top Bottom